Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #34

The school nurse needs disciplined! It is her responsibility to report things like this. I am so angry right now. I guess I should not be surprised considering how my rotation with a school nurse went when I was in school. I encountered 2 different nurses and they were absolutely apathetic and incompetent. Honestly, if I had met them on the street and they told me they were RNs, I would have thought they were liars. One more reason my children never went to public schools in this town.

Wait a minute, weeks ago, didn't we hear that it WAS reported? And we had pages and pages of posts wondering if an email was sent, or a call to the non emergency police number since the media couldn't find a public record of the school calling 911? I know I didn't dream that. So now they are saying it was NEVER reported because abuse wasn't suspected? It WAS suspected our the injuries wouldn't have been documented, and the scrape on his nose measured, nor would Emily have been asked how it happened, nor would they have told her to seek medical advice! They DID suspect abuse, yet failed to report it. Another safety net that failed Lucas. His family didn't report the abuse that was suspected until AFTER Lucas was reported missing, or didn't report in Kansas, I think they did report it in NM. Failed, time and time again.... I can't imagine how he must have felt, thinking someone would help, and no one did.

I’m done. This article frustrated me. Talk about err on the side of caution. Well yeah. So they don’t get sued. That’s why this nurse released this statement ....to save her *advertiser censored*.

Wow, Kansas....your record on helping children really needs a do over. The irony of it all, Emily could have walked. I don't think I could have taken another Casey Anthony out there free and trying to get MH back. That homeless man could have at least established a timeline on when Lucas went missing...
I think a time line was established by the homeless man. Police were already finished questioning him when he passed away.

They couldn’t legally hold her after Lucas’ body was found?

Seems to me that’s exactly when it SHOULD have been legal to hold her!
Had they held her, they would have likely been stuck only able to charge her with a lesser crime than murder. They wanted to pursue the murder charge, so they had to release her to allow time for the autopsy's full report.

School says it did what it should for Lucas Hernandez. Experts disagree
BY TIM POTTER
tpotter@wichitaeagle.com
July 27, 2018 04:26 PM
Updated July 27, 2018 06:38 PM

Lucas went home from school with the one person who police believe killed him, whether it was intentional or not, the one person who lied and deceived investigators after she put Lucas’ body under a remote bridge. Lucas came back to school only a few more times after the school nurse saw the bruises on Jan. 22. He last attended school on Feb. 9 — eight days before Glass called 911 to say he was missing.
School says it did what it should for Lucas Hernandez. Experts disagree

This is overdue but I want to give a shout out to Tim Potter @ Wichitaeagle for his excellent reporting, updates, and commitment to keeping us informed

I've been following this case and I can't believe how many selfish and seemingly uncaring people surrounded this child and how their selfish and callous ways led to his demise. From Emily Glass to the school, it just seemed like everyone was trying to protect themselves instead of Lucas. If she confessed to someone about her role in Lucas' death, someone will come forward but until then I hope the family finds some closure in the fact that his killer will not harm other children.

Help find Lucas Hernandez

We had to shut off our Remembering Lucas Allen page yesterday. Our precious pictures of Lucas were being shared into a Hate and Harassment group. Hopefully, we’ll be able to turn the page back on soon.

Help Find Lucas Hernandez

I am sorry that you had to shut down your page. I left all of the Lucas Groups a long time ago. They were getting vicious and childish. It astounds me when grown-ups act like teenage girls.

'Help find Lucas Hernandez

We had to shut off our Remembering Lucas Allen page yesterday. Our precious pictures of Lucas were being shared into a Hate and Harassment group. Hopefully, we’ll be able to turn the page back on soon.'

Help Find Lucas Hernandez

I am sorry that you had to shut down your page. I left all of the Lucas Groups a long time ago. They were getting vicious and childish. It astounds me when grown-ups act like teenage girls.

Apologies, I should have been clearer in my post but this is not my facebook page, it's just one that I follow for Lucas and I thought I would share the message they posted on here.

Sorry for any confusion

Wait a minute, weeks ago, didn't we hear that it WAS reported? And we had pages and pages of posts wondering if an email was sent, or a call to the non emergency police number since the media couldn't find a public record of the school calling 911? I know I didn't dream that. So now they are saying it was NEVER reported because abuse wasn't suspected? It WAS suspected our the injuries wouldn't have been documented, and the scrape on his nose measured, nor would Emily have been asked how it happened, nor would they have told her to seek medical advice! They DID suspect abuse, yet failed to report it. Another safety net that failed Lucas. His family didn't report the abuse that was suspected until AFTER Lucas was reported missing, or didn't report in Kansas, I think they did report it in NM. Failed, time and time again.... I can't imagine how he must have felt, thinking someone would help, and no one did.

I think they covered it by saying they did what they were supposed to do, and we assumed they meant reported it.

Now they are saying abuse was not suspected, so no need to report.

Just MOO.

I think they covered it by saying they did what they were supposed to do, and we assumed they meant reported it.

Now they are saying abuse was not suspected, so no need to report.

Just MOO.
I believe the early statement was regarding the fact a phone record didn't show a call to authorities from the school, and they stated that they did what they were required to do, but it may not have been by phone. Which makes it sound like they implied they made a notification, when they didn't.

I believe the early statement was regarding the fact a phone record didn't show a call to authorities from the school, and they stated that they did what they were required to do, but it may not have been by phone. Which makes it sound like they implied they made a notification, when they didn't.

There is a failure of so many safeguards in the matter of Lucas Hernandez. It was a case of the perfect storm with the ultimate sacrifice of a young innocent.

Sadly what started as a nationwide recognition and activism against child abuse in the 1960s still has room for improvement.

I pray it begins to come to fruition.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993