Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It means that the last time the Optus network was connected to Karen’s phone (just by virtue of it being switched on), was within the coverage of the Optus tower in Sunbury/Diggers rest.

If her phone was switched off in that area, the network will have still routed the call to that tower and asked it to alert Karen’s phone to the incoming call. If her phone was switched on, it would’ve started ringing.

We can conclude her phone went flat/was switched off/smashed in range of that tower, but it could’ve been moved away from there once off & would’ve left no trace at all.

I suspect the intensive searches around Toolern Vale (nearby) relate to the fact that Karen’s phone went off the air in Digger’s Rest.
Thanks, excellent explanation.

I guess Toolern Vale was a probable search area. If phone was dumped on the east side of the highway, it could have been picked up by the phone towers around the airport. Besides, it must be thought at the time that both the body and the phone were dumped at the same location. Turned out they weren't.

Hunting through Court lists, the following is interesting: so you just turn up!!!

Daily Lists
Please take note that the Daily Court List is not updated on the Court's website until 5.30 pm each weekday. If you know your case is listed on a particular day (but the next day's List is not yet available), make sure you attend court by 9.30 am that day.

Professor Stephen Cordner gave brief evidence.
* Blunt force trauma or strangulation both a possibility.
* Death from head injury possible
* Skull had no fractures and was intact
*A missing piece of the hyoid bone could not be determined to be ante motem
* Evidence of animal interference
* The prof said it is difficult to determine with such a decomposed body if any fracture was before or after death.
* The defense asked about autopsy results which an earlier court had said could not be determined.

Category: | Herald Sun
Strangulation or blunt force trauma could be possible causes of Karen Ristevski’s death, court hears
Rebekah Cavanagh

Last edited:
Karen Ristevski had broken bone in neck, autopsy reveals
Karen Ristevski autopsy reveals she had broken bone in neck, court hears
By court reporter Emma Younger
Updated 17 minutes ago
An autopsy revealed a fracture in a small bone in Karen Risteveski's neck but it could have been damaged after her death, a medical expert has told a Melbourne court...
"Particularly in situations of decomposed remains, it's quite difficult to say that any particular fracture is definitely before death or after death," Professor Cordner said...

Do you think Karen's phone was the item in the brown paper that was taken away from the toolern vale site?
Who knows what they found, could be the phone, used cigarettes to determine DNA, whatever it was , one report was “two paper bags were taken away “and another reported as being “bags of evidence.”

R family are really bad actors, no desire to catch killer, no anger, nothing whatsoever..as if walking out of house and being killed by random killer is normal thing that should be accepted as a fact of life

For some reason I get bad vibes from SR, she is either involved in this and maybe dad is covering up for her or she knows what happened and playing dumb.

Hallows asked about the missing piece of hyboid bone - is one cause more likely? Compression- blunt force - animal interference. Cordner replied they can't be distinguished.

Strangulation or blunt force trauma could be possible causes of Karen Ristevski’s death, court hears
Rebekah Cavanagh

Interesting update. I would have thought with forensic technology they would have been able to distinguish a difference between a fractured bone due to force or animal interference (such as teeth marks or particular indentations)

I guess because it was such a long period of time that poor Karen was there, that there’s no telling.
Very sad.

Hallows asked about the missing piece of hyboid bone - is one cause more likely? Compression- blunt force - animal interference. Cordner replied they can't be distinguished.

Rebekah Cavanagh
Could the hyboid bone have been broken when KR was thrown between the logs and thrown into the car. The heavy weight of dead body would have been difficult to place her down gently right?
IMO, I’m still thinking she was strangled to death in the heat of an Arguement.
Also would be interesting to know if Sarah would divulge if any of Borces shoes or clothing are missing ? Or if police took away any shoes to see if there was matching soil from Macedon. Or if they found matching soil from Macedon on the floor of Borces car (may have continued to use same shoes to dispose body). Or if any Macedon soil was found in garage or in the house?

Or if he was dressed in the morning before Sarah left were they the same clothes she found him in that evening.

Could the hyboid bone have been broken when KR was thrown between the logs and thrown into the car. The heavy weight of dead body would have been difficult to place her down gently right?
IMO, I’m still thinking she was strangled to death in the heat of an Arguement.
Also would be interesting to know if Sarah would divulge if any of Borces shoes or clothing are missing ? Or if police took away any shoes to see if there was matching soil from Macedon. Or if they found matching soil from Macedon on the floor of Borces car (may have continued to use same shoes to dispose body). Or if any Macedon soil was found in garage or in the house?

Or if he was dressed in the morning before Sarah left were they the same clothes she found him in that evening.

Well there’s that soil from the shovel
We are yet to hear any more about.

Well there’s that soil from the shovel
We are yet to hear any more about.

Rosie.
I would think, the following gentleman, may be a witness for the Prosecution.
The witness, may be asked, "Is there anyone in the Court room, that looks similar to either of these men?": or is this just in movies!!!

Karen Ristevski murder: Witness claims they saw 'strange men' matching description of husband and his brother

Yahoo7 News
24 February 2017
As police close in on the killer of Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski, a new witness has come forward, claiming to have seen two men near where her body was found around the same time she went missing.

However it is his description of the pair that has stunned police.

No more than 200 metres from where the missing mum’s body was found, the new witness claimed he saw two strange men bogged in a truck and their appearances matched the description of Karen's husband Borce Ristevski and his brother Vasko, reports the Herald Sun.

From my knowledge you Uber from one car as your rego is taken when you sign up and your car has to meet certain requirements. I call bs on the Uber story Borce has given.

Karen's car could not have been an Uber. I am an Uber driver and your car has to meet certain requirements:
- It must be less than 7 years of age
- It must have 4 working doors
- It must be able to carry 4 passengers comfortably
- You have to pass a Redbook inspection every 12 months to confirm your car is still right to drive
- If you do not own a car, you can rent one from a list of companies and drive that with Uber

In terms of Uber "not working" that day, I've been doing it for over a year and only one night has the app stuffed up. Was fixed by the next day. However, my problems were I could accept a trip but GPS went bonkers / cancelled trip / app began freezing.

IMO, I believe the R's were all about image. They had the house, the car, the business, the life, the fashion etc. Sarah still has a wardrobe that is for someone on a higher income bracket. We know her father is broke. The $850 could be very relevant. If they realised that's all they had left, that could've been what caused B (or S) to snap. B & S seem so odd.

Karen's car could not have been an Uber. I am an Uber driver and your car has to meet certain requirements:
- It must be less than 7 years of age
- It must have 4 working doors
- It must be able to carry 4 passengers comfortably
- You have to pass a Redbook inspection every 12 months to confirm your car is still right to drive
- If you do not own a car, you can rent one from a list of companies and drive that with Uber

In terms of Uber "not working" that day, I've been doing it for over a year and only one night has the app stuffed up. Was fixed by the next day. However, my problems were I could accept a trip but GPS went bonkers / cancelled trip / app began freezing.

IMO, I believe the R's were all about image. They had the house, the car, the business, the life, the fashion etc. Sarah still has a wardrobe that is for someone on a higher income bracket. We know her father is broke. The $850 could be very relevant. If they realised that's all they had left, that could've been what caused B (or S) to snap. B & S seem so odd.

I knew there were requirements but I wasn’t sure what they were. Thanks for clarifying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26