Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
My BIL told me there was a bad smell in the area of 2101 and Rancho Rd, shortly after MC's disappearance. He drives 2101 almost everyday and lives just down the road from where MC's house was. The smell was there for quite a while and at one point there were some HCSO deputies at a house near 2101 and Rancho Rd. He stopped and informed them about the lingering smell and mentioned it could have something to do with MC's disappearance. He stated that they didn't seem to have any concern whatsoever.
Did he report that to PK. Maybe it could be useful, IMO

I am #nevergivingup. I'm not online much these days, but I try desperately to keep up to whatever extent possible. Still praying every day for 'my' missing persons, Papaw is near the top of that list. I just pray for some answers for the family. I guess that is all I can do right now. But, mark my words, if there is a trial to come out of this, I'm strapping on my wings and flying to Texas to sit through it. I pray that I'll have to use that screwy Delta website soon.
Thanks so much for keeping Papaw's thread active. I enjoyed some quality Michigan summer outdoors today and for some reason my mind kept drifting back to Michael Chambers. It was a beautiful day on Lake Huron and I felt at peace with those thoughts, so who knows what that means? LOL.

I am #nevergivingup. I'm not online much these days, but I try desperately to keep up to whatever extent possible. Still praying every day for 'my' missing persons, Papaw is near the top of that list. I just pray for some answers for the family. I guess that is all I can do right now. But, mark my words, if there is a trial to come out of this, I'm strapping on my wings and flying to Texas to sit through it. I pray that I'll have to use that screwy Delta website soon.
Thanks so much for keeping Papaw's thread active. I enjoyed some quality Michigan summer outdoors today and for some reason my mind kept drifting back to Michael Chambers. It was a beautiful day on Lake Huron and I felt at peace with those thoughts, so who knows what that means? LOL.
Oh, thank you so much for checking in, Midge! I've missed you here, but very glad you're getting enjoyment out of some great weather. We enjoyed a bunch of family and friends today, as well as super summer weather. Papaw and his family are never far from my mind or prayers.

Tripod-I think that’s a pretty “WOW” observation!!
Edited to add: I suspected MC removed his license from his wallet before I read post. Now I think he did, at some point after Walmart. I can’t shake the feeling the money in the shop Klein mentioned wasn’t there long and is someone related to MC’s license.
You can tell what my mind is on as I lay in bed at night, before going to sleep :) Last year, I came up with one scenario re: the license and the possible why, but after more info came out ( mostly the MC phone info but a few other tidbits) I more or less discarded it.

One tends to at first think a criminal would have taken his DL- for purposes of forgery, proof to someone that MC was "taken care of", selling the DL for fraudulent ID purposes, etc. For some reason, like you, I've though it most likely he took his own DL. I do struggle with why, but there would still be the reason for ID'ing himself if he did the unthinkable. Outside possibility is that he lost it somewhere before that fateful day.

If you can expand a bit on your thoughts about the money in the shop and DL, I'd love to hear it. I have an inkling as to where you're going with that, I think, Tallulah.

Cant wait to see you at the courthouse (or maybe even at Detroit International ;)), Midge!

#nevergivingup

I'm not her, but sounds like safety deposit box? Or withdrawal? Where you would need an id
If MC did have a safety deposit box, wouldn't that have shown up in bank records that were checked? I doubt he would have had a "secret" account at some financial institution that would have not come to light by now. If he'd made any withdrawal of a certain amount of $ ( used to be over $10,000 but not sure if that's stayed the same), a bank or anyone else would have to report that to the IRS. I am not "up" on safety deposit box rules and regs.

If MC did have a safety deposit box, wouldn't that have shown up in bank records that were checked? I doubt he would have had a "secret" account at some financial institution that would have not come to light by now. If he'd made any withdrawal of a certain amount of $ ( used to be over $10,000 but not sure if that's stayed the same), a bank or anyone else would have to report that to the IRS. I am not "up" on safety deposit box rules and regs.
We recently sold an RV through a friend of a friend, a man about MC’s age, that buys and sells older boats and RVs after doing a little work on them. While there he pulled out a box that contained thousands of dollars that he keeps laying around to use to buy the campers and boats he finds.... his fun money he called it. He is retired from another job and just does this for fun more than even profit. Maybe the money was something like that and he’d been sort of keepin it a secret from his wife in order not to get any grief about it... or have to share it with her!

There would be no record of what he removed from a safe deposit box. There would be record of him visiting the box but not what he put in or took out.
I don't think he would have a secret account either. And most people who have a safe in the garage don't also have a safe deposit box unless of course the safe is a small one. He had such a well equipped shop I can't imagine he wouldn't get whatever size safe he wished so as not to also need a bank box.
Just my thoughts.

I wonder what BC does these days? I wonder if she talks to kids or grandkids? Lives by herself? Dates someone? I also wonder if JC2 is doing better and out of hospital. It’s sad that his kids and grandkids are left in limbo and hurt everyday with this nightmare. It’s still so mind boggling that there was circumstantial evidence to get to suicide but not enough circumstantial evidence to get to foul play or the statical event of murder IMO as always

There would be no record of what he removed from a safe deposit box. There would be record of him visiting the box but not what he put in or took out.
I don't think he would have a secret account either. And most people who have a safe in the garage don't also have a safe deposit box unless of course the safe is a small one. He had such a well equipped shop I can't imagine he wouldn't get whatever size safe he wished so as not to also need a bank box.
Just my thoughts.

I agree with you. I wonder if the key to his shop lock box was on the key ring that was left behind? Something tells me it would have been. I DO wonder if there might have been something else in that lock box ( I'm assuming it was a lock box/safe but I cannot confirm and it's my guess) besides the cash that was in it? Something that in some way, helped Meeks, and whoever else might think so, choose suicide as his top theory?

I don’t know if I can’t explain why I think the money in the shop and MC’s license are related, other than MC would’ve needed it for a withdrawal. I doubt he kept so much money around all the time. $10,000? Sure. Close to $100,000? No way unless MC was a man who buried money to hide from the government.
I think MC had a reason for getting the money together that day. LE didn’t treat it as a crime scene so I’m not sure they could’ve confiscated it. I want to know where it is.
As ballsy as BC is would she have complained about money if she kept what investigators found? Looking and doing suspicious things doesn’t bother her.
I think if MC and BC were on the same page in regards to their son she wouldn’t have disconnected his phone service, but it seems she truly resented him. Maybe she felt
MC did too much for him. Maybe she’d gotten greedy.

Just FYI the HCSO has reopened the case against Dunn. I've attached the first one from the time of the search on Rancho Rd for a refresher and the new one.
Maybe someone who is an expert on court proceedings will give us some insight.

Attachments

• 07122017.pdf
    66.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 05182018.pdf
    48.2 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online