Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura Terrell KCCINews interview with Mollie’s Mum tonight

It’s just an emotional roller coaster. The past 2 weeks have felt like 2 years.” Mollie Tibbetts mom told me she has no clue where her daughter is. Authorities aren’t releasing any new information tonight. @KCCINews
4m
She says she knew right away something was terribly wrong when Mollie didn’t show up for work - very out of character. She’s just dumbfounded. Tells me Mollie was compassionate, down to earth, a great friend. No enemies. Can’t imagine anyone who would want to hurt her @KCCINews
1m
Her message for Mollie tonight? “Come home. So many people are worried for you and praying for you. We need you here....this family isn’t a family without Mollie.” @KCCINews #FindingMollieTibbetts

Mollie's disappearance reminds me of a case on Websleuths a few years back. I believe the kids name was Colin...upstate New York..walking home from a party and has never been seen again. I pray to god that Mollie hasn't had similar happen to her..keeping her and her loved ones in my thoughts and prayers.

Friends, while I would never presume to tell you how to post, might I gently suggest that if you see a post with questionable content you do not quote said post and instead report it? Makes the mods jobs easier.

I know, it is hard - I struggle with this myself but am trying to do better.

Is this new information?:

Neighbor Dave Collum, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening.
It's the 2nd unconfirmed by LE report that Mollie was doing homework on her computer in the evening. Brother Jake was the first to say investigators told him this, and now Collum is the second person to say he was also told this by investigators. Again, not confirmed by LE.

Interesting. This was new to me: Blake Jack told The Associated Press on Tuesday that on July 18, he was visiting his fiancee, Aimee Houghton, in Ames, where she is working this summer. He said his brother was working a job for their family construction company about 100 miles away in Dubuque.

I thought AH was there with BJ, who was working a construction job.

I remember some article saying they were working out of town, making it seem that it was probably construction. now it seems she was the only one working out of town. that doesn't do anything except show where speculation will get you! :)

I remember some article saying they were working out of town, making it seem that it was probably construction. now it seems she was the only one working out of town. that doesn't do anything except show where speculation will get you! :)

According to the most recent , it seems that the brother was visiting his fiance who was working out of town in Aimes. And Mollie's bf was working 100 miles away elsewhere doing construction. I am not sure this makes any difference but is different than initially reported IIRC.

Boyfriends brother canceled wedding.

“Blake Jack says the cancelled wedding plans are nothing compared to what the town is going through. ”

The Latest: Missing student had trip planned for wedding | WTOP

That is so sad to me :(

The fact that Mollie is missing is horrible but also the fact of what this abductor had done to so many people. I can't imagine what they went through realizing they had to cancel the wedding and knowing this will be a memory of their wedding forever.

Friends, while I would never presume to tell you how to post, might I gently suggest that if you see a post with questionable content you do not quote said post and instead report it? Makes the mods jobs easier.

I know, it is hard - I struggle with this myself but am trying to do better.
Good reminder. My struggle is wondering whether or not it is information I've missed or genuinely wondering if someone has insider info.

If someone does, I second the suggestion to become verified. A mod can confirm the process.

<modsnipped>

Now you got me thinking about the sequence.

Thank you so much.

Friend from work calls BF that she never made it to work? I forgot that. Now I remember.
Okay, which friend? I'm sure LE asked that friend at what time did they call.

Here's a Possible Scenario:
*Mollie makes it back from run by 8:30 pm. Wednesday.
*Does homework late. Really late. Until 12 midnight or after. Maybe even goes somewhere else to do it w/friends.
*Returns safely to bf's home at around 3-4:00 am.
*Falls asleep and oversleeps. It's happened before, perhaps.
*Maybe wakes up like around, 6- 7:30 am. She's embarrassed. Supposed to be @work then. Races around to take care of dogs.
*She's overslept before; So, She knows someone will call her, then boyfriend, so she turns off her phone.
*Throws on red shirt and runs to the County Fair grounds DIRECTLY to meet up with the camp counselors and kids, contrite, embarrassed, but at least she did the next most responsible thing.
*However, because of the heavy storm, meets up with some kind of accident.

I hope the route between Bf's home and county fair grounds has been THOROUGHLY searched.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so sad to me :(

The fact that Mollie is missing is horrible but also the fact of what this abductor had done to so many people. I can't imagine what they went through realizing they had to cancel the wedding and knowing this will be a memory of their wedding forever.

Dear Pamelado2,

It is deeply saddening when something like this happens and it affects so many people. Collateral damage, in a sense.

When someone disappears or worse, the lives of loved ones, their families and friends change forever.

It's not only the missing person torn from their lives but the way they view the world changes. A person can have health problems after something like this happens. That's why so much support is needed to surround each of them. Support is so crucial, as we all know.

It's a ripple effect and it saddens my heart to think of so many people suffering greatly when one of their loved ones is missing or worse. I can't even imagine their pain. My heart is with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz