Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI the HCSO has reopened the case against Dunn. I've attached the first one from the time of the search on Rancho Rd for a refresher and the new one.
Maybe someone who is an expert on court proceedings will give us some insight.
I have no insight, it looks like even though the case was dismissed after a lot of stuff was done, like PI work, witness statements, etc.. Now it looks like there re charging him. Very weird to me. They arrested him yesterday and he was out today.

I think of Michael Chambers quite often, especially as he is described as kind, compassionate and just wonderful to everyone around him.

So many people who know him and love him described him as such a strong man with a huge heart towards others.

I check in on this thread periodically, hoping he has been found.

My heart goes out to Michael's loved ones.

Just FYI the HCSO has reopened the case against Dunn. I've attached the first one from the time of the search on Rancho Rd for a refresher and the new one.

I'm no legal expert but I find it quite odd, how do they get from dismissing a charge to reinstating it, and taking the bond from 15 to 50 grand? Was the statute of limitations on the original charge about to run out? Really strange.

From the very beginning that they assigned a PI to his defense. Then they issued about 10 subpoenas and some responded and some didn't. They dismissed the charge around May 7 and then refiled it May 18. They issued a warrant for him on June 6 but didn't serve it until July 30. Almost 2 months to serve the warrant. All that seems odd to me.

Hello all, I am trying to catch up so forgive me if this has been pointed out previously, I was recently in this area for a weekend trip and we drove through the town of Quinlan and across the bridge mentioned. I found it interesting that just as you go across the bridge (coming from michaels home into town) there is a hunt county sheriffs sub station on the left hand side. I read that his phone traveled across the bridge twice and was curious if anyone else had mentioned this sheriffs office. I found it interesting that it was in that location.

Hello all, I am trying to catch up so forgive me if this has been pointed out previously, I was recently in this area for a weekend trip and we drove through the town of Quinlan and across the bridge mentioned. I found it interesting that just as you go across the bridge (coming from michaels home into town) there is a hunt county sheriffs sub station on the left hand side. I read that his phone traveled across the bridge twice and was curious if anyone else had mentioned this sheriffs office. I found it interesting that it was in that location.
I’m not local but when I googled it I thought there was a place called Kenny’s Landing, like an RV/camping and boat ramp on the left and further down I thought there was a Fire Dept but again I’m not there so that’s interesting that there is a sub station for HSCO there.

I’m not local but when I googled it I thought there was a place called Kenny’s Landing, like an RV/camping and boat ramp on the left and further down I thought there was a Fire Dept but again I’m not there so that’s interesting that there is a sub station for HSCO there.

Jail substation opens

Here is a article about the substation.

After a look, apparently the original charge was dropped so the D.A. could present Dunn's case to the grand jury. The grand jury chose to indict Mr. Dunn.

Edited to add: I'd say the felony case against B.D. was never closed at all. It does seem confusing, but district attorneys often do this very thing. ( I learned that when on grand jury duty) You might want an actual atty. to explain the whys and wherefores better than I probably can :)

I don’t know if I can’t explain why I think the money in the shop and MC’s license are related, other than MC would’ve needed it for a withdrawal. I doubt he kept so much money around all the time. $10,000? Sure. Close to $100,000? No way unless MC was a man who buried money to hide from the government.
I think MC had a reason for getting the money together that day. LE didn’t treat it as a crime scene so I’m not sure they could’ve confiscated it. I want to know where it is.
As ballsy as BC is would she have complained about money if she kept what investigators found? Looking and doing suspicious things doesn’t bother her.
I think if MC and BC were on the same page in regards to their son she wouldn’t have disconnected his phone service, but it seems she truly resented him. Maybe she felt
MC did too much for him. Maybe she’d gotten greedy.
Thanks for trying to explain your thinking, Tallulah. We still don't know exactly the amount that was in the lock box, but I bet he'd had it there longer than a day. I imagine once that box was opened, BC took the cash. No one's saying much, though :)

Thanks for trying to explain your thinking, Tallulah. We still don't know exactly the amount that was in the lock box, but I bet he'd had it there longer than a day. I imagine once that box was opened, BC took the cash. No one's saying much, though :)
I don't remember anyone saying this was a locked box. Could well be I'm not paying attention. I wonder how big this box was and if you needed a key to access it. Also, I don't recall anyone saying where in the shop the lockbox was found.

I looked at the realtor photos of the shop and didn't see a safe. Maybe it had already been given to one of the boys or sold. Or maybe I'm just not seeing it. For now until a VI comes back to enlighten us I guess we won't know how large it was.
Chances are it would have a combination as most do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419