Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really shouldn't even wade into this but this is a thread about Mollie Tibbits being missing...not a general thread about abduction awareness or therapy for those who have had similar experiences. Unless its directly relevant to the disappearance of Mollie, I would personally rather have those sentiments kept in another forum. There is enough rumor, theory, repetitiveness etc. to cut through on a thread like this without having to navigate through OT things. JMO.

(Ouch, lol. Fair enough...
Are you a man (Mister)? Not being snarky but I ask this especially bc if you are saying you personally would rather wade through safety posts, well let’s just say I don’t think that would be, um what’s the word, uh sensitive to the women on this thread whom I specifically addressed and might value these discussions. But I do understand your point. And if you’re a female, pls disregard, my apology. Honestly, it would tick me off immensely to have a man saying he needs to scroll through safety tips for women in an abduction thread. I would think a gentleman might value posts as such.

(You know, I t’s funny, I can’t remember right now which thread it was, but I took the time to make a verrrry detailed post about safety tips for women, down to watching your “blind spots” , etc as inspired by the content we were discussing. It turned it got an exhuberant number of thanks, with one being a lead in Law Enforcement who quoted my post and said it was a must read for everyone. I’ll look for it...

Anyway, I understand your points.

But “abduction” awareness is important, after all we are talking about an “abduction”. The topic, is “abduction” in many senses, imo. And as we discuss our own experiences, again something of value could come out.

Last edited:
Ok
I hope that I’m ok to post about this and if I interpret the rules incorrectly then I’m sure the mods will let me know
But isn’t it correct that Mollie went to the University of Iowa ?
I have read an article today about a male who has been harassing and stalking many of the females within the University and more than one has made serious allegations about him. Consequently the University has terminated him . Looking into his MO as to how he operates, it could be that Mollie has received such a message from this person and met up with him. He is known to have obsessions about relationships. I apologise if this has already been mentioned but I’ve not had the opportunity to read ALL the threads . Very interesting scenario IMO

Could you link the article for us, please? :)

I, too, have wondered what the backup plan was supposed to be in the event she didn't "need" the car. Again, though, I am just rolling with the assumption that they had the family had their system and apparently, it wasn't an immediate red flag that she didn't show up to eat brats, or didn't respond to her brother's text re: needing the car. So, I doubt its an important question to answer in terms of the investigation. However, you may be right that someone who has at least a cursory familiarity with this routine could have used it as an opportunity to give Mollie a ride...and things went south from there.

my best guess is that between the bf, bf brother and fiance there were 1-3 more cars at the house regularly. i bet she often got a ride from one of them, a co-worker and/or borrowed their cars. and i dont think it would be weird if your brother didnt have this schedule memorized/was half listening when you told him - if anyone has shared a car with a sibling, at least in my experience, its stressful hah. it should be viewed as a privilege but at the age you are all about yourself. in my experience, if i was sharing a car w a siblings over high school/college summers it was two scenarios:

1) they were working a camp/waitress etc type job where shifts & carpools w friends varied and i remember last minute fights/issues popping up.

2) they had a v strict internship that was a consistent 9-5 and freaked accordingly if everyones morning schedule didnt revolve around theirs.

mollie's job was in the former, so i think the car not being 100% confirmed is entirely explainable when we remember its from the perspective of a little brother. if mollie were here to tell us, she'd probably say "i was going to text him that night before i went to bed around 1"1 or "i was going to take a morning run and get it then" or "i came over for dinner ....(and sadly, was abducted then".

For those that followed the Sheri Papini case, yes it does.

Note!

I'm not comparing that case to what everybody here on the threads thinks about the Sheri Pampini case, ( not in a million years do I think what happened in this case could ever happen in this case) I'm just comparing to what media said.
One of the happy conclusions to this case would be if Mollie had "done a Papini."

We want women back alive, no matter.

I don’t think the abductor getting reward is a good outcome...even if he releases her. I am sure Le would thoroughly investigate if she appears AND reward is claimed. That means a kidnapper goes free and gets paid??
Thank you for your response. That is why I am wondering if it is even possible. The way the reward is being described I am interpreting it as a far-fetched possibility1

I really shouldn't even wade into this but this is a thread about Mollie Tibbits being missing...not a general thread about abduction awareness or therapy for those who have had similar experiences. Unless its directly relevant to the disappearance of Mollie, I would personally rather have those sentiments kept in another forum. There is enough rumor, theory, repetitiveness etc. to cut through on a thread like this without having to navigate through OT things. JMO.
Thanks for "wading in," bec/ it reminds me that I could just as easily have personally replied to Margarita rather than clutter this thread with my data links, etc. Point well taken.

Are you saying you think she left on her own accord?
No. I think it’s very, very unlikely. But at this point who knows. We have no idea what LE knows. And after this amount of time passing it might be the only scenario in which she is still alive. A last hope.

Something to keep in mind w/r/t the ability of people to communicate using their handheld devices and not have it appear on any social media site or call or text log:

10 WhatsApp Alternatives For Your Smartphone - Hongkiat

Anyone with an android or iPhone can download these communication apps from their app stores and exchange text/voice/video communications with another user of the same app/service.

I particularly like LINE. LINE and other similar apps simply consume raw data on the phone. The only data trail is the app itself---which can be uninstalled in under a minute by dragging it to the trash cash. And then reinstalled at-will as well, usually restoring all your contacts for that app. A good way to keep prying eyes from knowing/figuring out everyone with whom you communicate via your device.

Some of the apps, like LINE, map internally at LINE to your phone number; others require at least an email address usually.

So MT's family might be able to submit her phone number and email(s) to these app providers and see if she ever downloaded their app/created an account etc. Not sure how many of them log conversations, but they do have to keep track of your "friends" list. So it'd at least be a way to maybe see if MT was communicating "off the grid" a bit with someone from university or work or wherever.

This happened realatively early on and I believe it was an article from weareiowa.com that was picked up by various other sources. The co-op has a payment dropbox that allows for 24 hr access and the camera supposedly covered the payment box. Given how impt this company is locally I hope they have other security in place other than the single camera.
I went back to look again for this information and cannot find it on weareiowa.com. Will check interview with the neighbor who was also a witness as I think it might be in one of the interview articles.

At this point do we even know if a crime has been committed?
How long do you propose they wait before deciding? A year? 3 yrs? <modsnipped -not necessary>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I'm not the only one super annoyed by that. But it happens in almost every high profile case.

I agree. Media creates a "circus atmosphere". Having been in LE, I value these "expert" opinions, as much as anyone elses. These people do NOT know ANY specifics of this case. They merely generalize. This case is unique, in my experience. A guessing game of opinion, is not beneficial to this investigation.
May provide media with higher viewer ratings, but that is about it.

I thought I read somewhere she was heading west on Pershing but now that I see it’s east Pershing and west Pershing I am second guessing myself. If I am correct about west ON Pershing I would place her on orchard turning west into Pershing and then up west st to head home finishing her run in that location which would make sense because witness in e2nd said she was heading towards casey’s (West) so she possibly tiurned up one of the side streets that would put her on Pershing.

Not to obsess about it, but I believe the fellow on E 2nd said she went 'up the hill'. Not sure he said toward Caseys.

I could be wrong.

I don’t think the abductor getting reward is a good outcome...even if he releases her. I am sure Le would thoroughly investigate if she appears AND reward is claimed. That means a kidnapper goes free and gets paid??

That is why I am wondering if it is even a possibility...[/QUOTE]
Thank you for your response. That is why I am wondering if it is even possible. The way the reward is being described I am interpreting it as a far-fetched possibility1
I would think the perp would take Mollie to someone else and that someone else would call Crimestoppers and collect the $

Random musings:

1. Has there been a vigil or something similar? If not, is that odd 3 weeks out?

2. I think what MT's father has been saying in interviews is/was very carefully scripted by LE. I also think he being the one (mostly?) speaking is also by design.

3. I believe that LE is allowed to say all sorts of things while questioning someone.

4. Is it reasonable to believe they searched WC's property solely looking for her phone?

Moo

FWIW, I do believe LW told him that. But as you said, "If this story is true..." Based on a scenario where it is believed to be true, I lean toward her being lured outside very shortly after arriving home.
And then???

Aren't there any cameras in Brooklyn that may have recognized a car that didn't belong there? With such a small town most people would know who drives what type of vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419