Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be true as well as a suspect already being arrested. Most states can arrest and hold you for 175 days before felony charges have to be filed. However, the holding time is much shorter for misdemeanor charges.

I agree that’s why I posted it. I thought it was interesting that he worded it “no one has been charged” not “no one is in custody.”

There is actually a difference between a ME and CORONER. A coroner may or may not have medical background and they are elected officials who hold other jobs as. a ME is a doctor who chose to further into forensic pathology. That is their full time job.

There are no county coroners in Iowa, only Medical Examiners appointed by the board of supervisors. Some are full-time MEs, but in rural counties they are typically work at a hospital or private practice full time.

I am completely broken. This sweet, bright young woman has been lost to us all. My heart aches so much for her parents, her brothers, Dalton and his family, and all of the many people who loved her. I can’t imagine what the trip back is going to be like for her father.

And now I pray just as hard for justice as I did for Mollie’s safe return.

If I was contemplating suicide that last thing I'd be doing in the hours before was completing my homework. She was online doing school work before going missing.RIP dear girl - you will be dearly missed and I hope justice is served soon.

Well, that's how you think about it from where you are but what if she was just going through the motions, trying to do what she knew would be seen as right and would make her family proud and she just suddenly went, "I can't do this anymore. I can't take it." Suicide is personal and depression -- soul-sucking black hole depression -- can hit you when you least expect it. I'm not saying this is what happened, I'm saying that those who are having those thoughts don't always give a warning.... like Anthony Bourdain -- whom she apparently had a special interest in. Sometimes one leads to another.

I'm 30 pages behind, but I'm guessing dental records--that's how they identified people in the pre-DNA days. Dental records, those jogging clothes, that lovely long brown hair, approximate height.... I guess I'd better not start swearing--too hard on the moderators. But how I hope that this was what they needed to make an arrest.... The only thing to hope for, now.
They identified her so quickly, supports theory that she hadn't been dead long. Maybe about 2 weeks/less

Since it seems the body was found when it was still dark, I think that LE were told where to find the body by the suspect.
Theory only-
I've always believed Mollie was hit by a drunk driver who put her
body in the back of his truck and dumped her somewhere.
Why I suspect this: I was a fly on the wall listening to some men
talking once because we'd had several hit and runs in my area.
the subject came up 'why run'? everyone of the men agreed
that the punishment of the hit and run was less than punishment
for hitting and killing while under the influence.
Maybe they learned this from the Ted Kennedy debacle back
in the 70's.
More on my theory- Perp told his wife, mother, brother or someone in his family what he'd done so family member could collect the reward and pay for his defense and have survival
money in case he was incarcerated.
MOO

The good she brought to this world will bury the evil done to her; that's the only way I can deal with what has happened. Her family and friends have handled (and continue to) this tragedy with incredible strength and grace. Right now I think the most we can do is find ways to prevent awful things like this from happening again and depending on what come out at the press conference, be organized and concise in offering our input into finding justice.

-write to a congressperson and ask for them to make laws that make it easier for LE to get useful electronic data ect.
-without being paranoid, just look out for things that look off
-cherish every moment you have with people
-leave this world better than you found it
-thank LE for what they do
-don't be bitter
-make people happy
-go hug someone

I'm sorry for yelling into the void here, but you guys have devoted time and energy to finding a complete stranger and that is beautiful. Thank you. I'm normally a very non-spiritual person, but warmth and goodness like she had can't just be snuffed out. She's still a part of her loved ones and depending on theological beliefs is in a better place now. Nobody can take that away.

(currently crying like a little wuss)

Sad Day! I am still navigating my way around this new site. Trying to figure out how to post without replying -- just posting. Oh well. My input is that if poor Mollie was hit by a driver could the person who did it move her body and then took the car to the car wash to get rid of evidence? Does the car wash have cameras and is it open 24/7. Please bear with me.

Not to mention going for a run.

Going for a run sometimes releases endorphins that will give you a momentary lift in mood. Or maybe she was just trying to go through the motions of normality. Who knows? But trying to attribute personal feelings to someone else's life is useless. Even professional profilers have a hard time doing it.

That being said, I have no real opinions on this one way or the other. But, given a choice, I'd rather it was by her own hand than by violence done on her by another. <shrug> I doubt anyone wants to end their life as a victim of someone else's violence. I think I'm pretty safe saying that.

I don’t know what to say. I’ve been crying on and off since I read the news. I don’t know if I want to see the press conference. Anyway, I’m glad there are other people out there who care about Mollie, too. The only thing to hope for now is that justice, on some level, will be brought about for her.

So close to where they looked a few weeks ago, near Lincoln Wildlife Area. Possibly she wasn't there at that point in time, or they didn't look in that specific area. Ok enough speculation for me. I'll wait to hear the facts as presented. Very sad along with the rest of you sleuthers about this outcome.

Two questions have come to mind - did the storm on the 19th affect their efforts to find her?

I am not sure which interview it was but at some point it came to light that DJ's dad had used a crop duster plane to search for Mollie. I am struck by the wooded area here - and whether the location was chosen to avoid the plane. Then during the live update KCCI did a bit ago they noted LE has asked that no drones fly over a particular area.

This made me wonder if drones could have helped find her?? or did?

Not sure if that's where she was found or if they are just gathering but that's a pretty open space.

Bryon Houlgrave‏ @bryonhoulgrave 3m3 minutes ago
Law enforcement agents work a scene near rural Guernsey, Iowa, where they believe the body of missing Mollie Tibbetts has been discovered. @DMRegister #MollieTibbetts

DlI-JpSU8AAQ8U9.jpg

I do not believe they have anyone is custody for what they called the "killer".
This is possibly going to grow cold after the startling news of her being found. There will be endless conjecture and theories in which I will feel compelled to join.
We have to hold on tight for twists and turns.
I too hope someone is being questioned, lie detector-ed and about to be read his rights at this very moment.
Will that happen? Only time will tell, but with the $400,000 reward now going for info on the "killer", private investigators will be coming out of the woodwork.
David Marshburn got Emily Glass to lead to Lucas' remains. The searchers had long stopped posting their search areas, but lets just say they were "right on" before he even got there. Way before.
So mad dibs to them.
Lets stay united and strong and keep our tempers at bay whenever we can so we can hope for immediate closure, but prepare for the long-run.
05481cf222af598d6321c75eb821d5c4431cf7-v5-wm.jpg
[/QUOT

This is where DNA, body injuries or other evidence at the scene hopefully leads to a suspect/conclusion of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard