Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryon Houlgrave‏ @bryonhoulgrave 3m3 minutes ago
Law enforcement agents work a scene near rural Guernsey, Iowa, where they believe the body of missing Mollie Tibbetts has been discovered. @DMRegister #MollieTibbetts

DlI-JpSU8AAQ8U9.jpg

Everything I read said she was found today. I can’t imagine her dad would leave before her funeral if she was found days ago.

But unless they have a suspect who led them to her body, or she is newly deceased, I wonder how they can be sure it’s her so quickly?

I'm 30 pages behind, but I'm guessing dental records--that's how they identified people in the pre-DNA days. Dental records, those jogging clothes, that lovely long brown hair, approximate height.... I guess I'd better not start swearing--too hard on the moderators. But how I hope that this was what they needed to make an arrest.... The only thing to hope for, now.

From the map pinpointing the location, it appears that there are 2 houses in that immediate area and that the body was located between 2 private driveways adjacent to, and connected to, those houses. Hmmm. Is the perp a resident of one of those houses? IMHO, no random stranger happened upon that site to dump a body.

I saw the no fly zone map, can someone please create and post a better map... maybe from google earth zoomed in?

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting them to name a suspect or to have made an arrest or to be ready to make an arrest just yet. I tend to get my hopes up about these kinds of things in anticipation for the press conferences, only to be disappointed.

Updated 8/17/2018
WHAT WE KNOW
  1. Mollie’s jogging clothing is missing – pink sports bra, black shorts & running shoes
  2. Mollie’s devices are missing – cell phone, armband, FitBit and white earbuds
  3. She has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  4. The dogs were in the basement
  5. DJ said the door was probably unlocked
  6. She typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  7. She went for a run about 7:30
  8. She usually runs for 45 minutes
  9. LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  10. A digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  11. Video footage was collected from various businesses, including Casey’s & D&M
  12. Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
  13. She may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  14. Snapchat appeared to be indoors & taken that day, viewed at 10PM
  15. Mollie was a creature of habit
  16. DJ sent her a text in the morning and she did not respond
  17. JT sent her at text approx. 7:30 am asking if she needed the car – no response
  18. There were no vehicles in the driveway (as there usually would be)
  19. Her driver's license, passport and debit card were at the house
  20. Usual evening routine: run, shower/eat or eat/shower, homework, bed
  21. No signs of a struggle or forced entry
Reported Sightings
  • NH, 7:30 pm - W Pershing Dr
  • RT, time unknown - W. Des Moines – walking east, would have to go N or S
  • DR, 8 pm - East 2nd Street - jogging west toward Casey’s
DC, time unknown, West St - told by LE (not an actual sighting) that MT jogged past his house and made it home

FBI poster indicates that Mollie was last seen running on Pershing Drive.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/mollie-cecelia-tibbetts/@@download.pdf
Thanks, Harmony. :(

I haven't been able to see a map with a pinpointed location. I also don't have access to the news station's site bc of their noncompliance with European privacy laws. Where are they claiming to have found the body?
About 10 miles to the SE of Brooklyn at the corner of 460th and 220th. I uploaded a satellite photo of the area a while ago.

Saw the news on my phone this morning, which took my breath away.
So very sorry for Mollie and her loved ones. It's crushing and heartbreaking.
It's so difficult to see the photos of this lovely vibrant young woman who is no longer with us. I will never understand the cruelty in this world.
My thoughts and condolences are with her dear parents, boyfriend and all who loved her.
May justice be swift. So so sad. Rest in peace dear Mollie.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrotherofSherlock