Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

Wonder if he goes on duty armed with a spear or a bow and arrow? ;)

Actually just spat my coffee out ... lol TY MTL for this needed a good chuckle
46a17c50_Chessy_Smile.gif

We will see....lost my patience...and learned...from WS, and other things..the time it takes to solve a case...Always think of LE (and individuals amongst them) waiting.......if this is your "pet"case (and it sounds so not ok)......it's sound horrible....

Maybe her agency is doing an official DNA test through a lab... that can sometimes take forever if there's a backlog. This is my feeling based on DDP saying that proof of identity is different for each department.

I've noticed that - proof of identity is different for each agency.
Some in CA will accept pictures/talking videos showing teeth, and one case that was solved by the MP's family providing a description of a distinguishing mark not released to the public, also CA. All a far cry from DNA.

Hi Emmie,

This is like a lot of PM's I look at. They are all mainly 'could be's.' There is nothing to tie them strongly, yet nothing to say it isn't a match.
There is one problem I have with this PM though. There was a 2 month difference between this MP and UID being discovered. Those 2 months have to be accounted for and it says she died with 24 hours of being found, yet we see on the MP that she always contacted home, which she never did. It suggests if something happened to her, it happened almost immediately.
Sorry but I am saying No Match.

Not only that I’ve seen a lot of reconstructions that look nothing like the victim. Some are similar but sometimes they have very little to work with nothing personal Carl although I will say the one you did of Marcia king aka buckskin girl was the only one I’ve ever seen that was almost identical to her in reality. I was amazed

Not only that I’ve seen a lot of reconstructions that look nothing like the victim. Some are similar but sometimes they have very little to work with nothing personal Carl although I will say the one you did of Marcia king aka buckskin girl was the only one I’ve ever seen that was almost identical to her in reality. I was amazed

I think a lot of CarlK's recons have turned out to be pretty darned close, in some cases more than the computer generated ones.

Washoe County has to make sure they’ve crossed all their T’s and dotted the I’s. It is coming. The wait is the hardest part. There was a Jane Doe identified for Washoe back in May and she’s still on their page as being unidentified. It takes some time.

I expect it's taking them a long time because they are busy setting up a mega-press conference, like the one for Buckskin Girl, with dozens of LE agencies, and DNA experts. They are trying to get them all together at one time, so they can all pat themselves on the back and congratulate each other. Then when it is done, they will all go home and forget about the case. Because, sadly I think they have zero interest in actually solving these 40 year old cases. :(

I expect it's taking them a long time because they are busy setting up a mega-press conference, like the one for Buckskin Girl, with dozens of LE agencies, and DNA experts. They are trying to get them all together at one time, so they can all pat themselves on the back and congratulate each other. Then when it is done, they will all go home and forget about the case. Because, sadly I think they have zero interest in actually solving these 40 year old cases. :(

BBM for focus
That may be true for some, but investigators in my state recently solved a 36 year old murder case. It wasn't for lack of interest that it took so long, but lack of evidence or anything solid to go on. The victim's family also kept on the case, reminding them.
I also think BG's investigators are interested in solving her murder. They never gave up on identifying her, either.
As for the rest, you may be right, but I think it may be unfair to generalize.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back