CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

That being said, (and I am NOT a pro in the field of the mind/personality) I do see narcissism in CW.

This is why - he appears (from SW's videos, his FB and Instagram, comments by those who know him, the news videos of him, and his confession) to be somewhat introverted, until "brought out" by someone else (brought out by SW for a time, then by his affair(s)).

Covert/vulnerable/hypersentive narcissists often simmer inside, hiding their needs/wants/desires for life until one day it all goes to hell in their rage. I know narcissism isn't a disorder, but a trait we all share, in differing degrees...I believe his, in conjunction with his inner anger, came to a head one day and he lost control...and that, in my view, makes him disordered.

It seems like he may have been acting like many high spectrum narcissists in that he was attracted to someone who had issues that made them vulnerable (SW's divorce and Lupus) and maybe even "love bombed" her, based on her FB posts (she kept giving him reasons to bail, he kept pursuing). She didn't stay vulnerable, she appears to have excelled at life. He lost control of her (if he ever really had it), and he began to lose his "hero" status, at least with her. He may have been seeking to recapture that elsewhere via affair(s).

She, and the kids, were in his way. The classic "discard", to the max.

This is an interesting analysis but as you stated, it does not merit any diagnosis. Additionally, Narcissistic Personality Disorder is INDEED a recognized mental health illness in DSM5. Lastly, simply because he had an affair (though not a good choice), does not make him a narcissist and utilizing such titles should be done with extreme caution.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I recall correctly, I believe the Aug 4 video about 'being scared to let her out into the world' related to SW registering Bella for Kdg. I can only imagine that SW's suspicions about CW cheating were substantiated or confirmed when she was observing him play "bachelor" during the family absence. Heartbreaking to see your list though.
I thought about CW eating t-bones and Shrimp after SW prepared and froze all those meals for him to eat while she was gone. Wonder what SW thought about that.

Obviously it's just my opinion that he is a sex addict in the same vein as Ross Harris. As long as it doesn't violate TOS, I don't see a problem with it.

Chris Watts' Alleged Ex-Lover Speaks — but He's Not the Co-Worker Police Say Chris Was Seeing
A source close the investigation tells PEOPLE that Chris has had relationships with both men and women outside of his marriage.
Just assuming People Magazine (at a minimum) verified the employment of their source with LE and some documentation (hopefully) for those claims as well.

Imo, these sexual relationships (even if not verified to your standards) are highly relevant to his possible motive.

Am aware of that, and also that People often makes "mistakes". I lived in a town that was the subject of a People magazine article, and the "mistakes" were numerous. Lately journalistic credibility has gone out the window due to the "first out" need to publish.

I've seen this guys FB, Twitter, Insta...and he strikes me as "off", in more ways than one. When LE validates, I'll believe.

Edited to correct misspellings.

New court filing: the defense is accusing the prosecution or someone in their office of making prejudicial statements; not sure which statement(s) because it looks like the motion was filed under seal. Below is the Court’s Order allowing the State to provide a response by 9/5/18. The response, if any, is not available online.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...trict/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/Watts-C-2.pdf

Great find! And very telling. It indicates, IMO, that some of these stories that have been leaked may be true.

I read the filing to be more a request for assurance all in place to prevent leaks. I've seen similar if somebody other than the appointed information officer quoted in report, even though the released info is legitimate. Perhaps the response will add more...

The Defense is requesting an investigation into whether extrajudicial statements were made, and asking the State to provide, in writing, how they have excercided reasonable care when it comes to the dissemination of prejudicial info. Would love to see the motion.

Am aware of that, and also that People often makes "mistakes". I lived in a town that was the subject of a People magazine article, and the "mistakes" were numerous. Lately journalist credibility has gone out the window due to the "first out" need to publish.

I've seen this guys FB, Twitter, Insta...and he strikes me as "off", in more ways that one. When LE validates, I'll believe.

Couldn't agree more. MSM has consistently shown itself to be highly unreliable. I always urge extreme caution when speaking about cases where our only source of info is coming from MSM. Kudo's to you for being ahead of the curve!

Doesn't a gag order apply to everyone involved, at least from a law enforcement role and legal representation, and press?
The question was whether the defense could gag the jail (i.e., last to speak to media about CW). I agree with you, and believe an official gag order is blanket and can't target only one division.

The question was whether the defense could gag the jail (i.e., last to speak to media about CW). I agree with you, and don't believe an official gag order is blanket and can't target one division.

Most jails (all I've worked with) have policies in place about speaking to the media and they all require prior authorization from higher. I'm sure someone will be reprimanded for this if the authorization was not present.

I believe she said that this week; however, that was after the Court’s Order, which would also be after the Defense’s motion. So AB’s comment(s) are probably not what the Defense is questioning. I do agree that the prosecution’s office should not be speaking to AB.

The prosecution can only control leaks from its office; also, the Rules of Professional Conduct do not apply to the jail’s employees or LE. The Motion highlights a violation of CO RPC 3.6 and 3.8. These deal with duties owed by attorneys and additional duties owed by prosecutors.

I am also an unverified attorney (waiting on Tricia to verify me).
I watched the AB show when she talked about this and IIRC she said that she (or her staff) called the DA office to ask if there was any news on the cause of death, autopsy reports, and they told her they had yet to receive anything. From there they discussed what they might be waiting for - histology reports, drug testing etc that take a while. She said they were very helpful in explaining future court procedures. It didn't sound like AB was trying to extract restricted information.

Great find! And very telling. It indicates, IMO, that some of these stories that have been leaked may be true.
What stories? Nothing new has come out since the affidavit!

Doesn't a gag order apply to everyone involved, at least from a law enforcement role and legal representation, and press?

There’s no gag order. If there was one, neither party would be allowed to discuss the case in public. Both the State and Defense are currently allowed to discuss the case under very limited circumstances.

This is an interesting analysis but as you stated, it does not merit any diagnosis. Additionally, Narcissistic Personality Disorder is INDEED a recognized mental health illness in DSM5. Lastly, simply because he had an affair (though not a good choice), does not make him a narcissist and utilizing such titles should be done with extreme caution.

Yes, DSM lists NPD as a recognized disorder, fairly recently I believe? My understanding is that it's now lumped in with Antisocial Personality Disorder? My interest is due to both a family history, and relationship history with same. Eye opening learning curve for me!!

I have posted several times, that I'd love to know his family and relationship history...parental, sibling, school, etc. And any substance abuse (steroids maybe, based on his body change?). Would bet we'd have a much better understanding of his proclivities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa