GUILTY ME - Marissa Kennedy, 10, Stockton Springs, killed by mother & stepfather, 25 Feb 2018

Sorry, niner, not sure what you mean by too late? What am I missing?

Well they said the week of Sept 3rd to the 7th. The 7th is tomorrow Friday. So if you look over the weekend, we might miss the hearing on the 7th IF it's scheduled.

Well they said the week of Sept 3rd to the 7th. The 7th is tomorrow Friday. So if you look over the weekend, we might miss the hearing on the 7th IF it's scheduled.

If we aren’t going to follow it live I don’t see the harm in finding out a day or two later. Unless I am missing something. You are the pro at posting the updates in so many case and I appreciate that a lot

If we aren’t going to follow it live I don’t see the harm in finding out a day or two later. Unless I am missing something. You are the pro at posting the updates in so many case and I appreciate that a lot

True - totally agree with ya bears10 - just like to keep my list updated!
computer-man-smiley.gif

Hope I didn't sound too.... rude? Didn't mean it that way. English is my 3rd language, but what I mostly use. :D I got a "D" in high school English! :rolleyes:

Anyway - if anyone DOES hear of the next court date - please "tag" me! TIA!

and you are quite welcome! ;)

Oh! Now I see what you mean. I don't think we have live trial coverage here, but I've never noticed. I've seen news coverage of people being in court, but don't recall live broadcasts. For the longest time, we didn't allow cameras in the court room except for the Maine Supreme court. OT: the father of one of my HS friends was on the MSC in the 80s, and I asked him why. He said they didn't allow it in trial court because they thought it might deter witnesses but they allowed them in the supreme court because they were just a bunch of boring old men sitting around deciding cases, not trying them, LOL. He was a great guy.

Finally an article!

Prosecutors seek joint trial for Carrillos, with separate juries for each

BELFAST — Prosecutors in the case of the State against Sharon Carrillo and Julio Carrillo are requesting the two to be tried together, albeit with separate juries, for the depraved indifference murder of 10-year-old Marissa Kennedy.

In a Revised Notice of Joinder received by Waldo County Superior Court Oct. 9, Assistant Attorney General Leane Zainea gave notice to the Court that she and fellow case prosecutor Assistant Attorney General Donald Macomber that the State has joined for trial Sharon Carrillo and Julio Carrillo.
[.....]
Following an Oct. 1 status conference where counsel for all parties were present, Justice Robert Murray ordered a timeline for the case, including multiple significant dates. Jury selection for the trial is scheduled to take place beginning Aug. 8, 2019, while the trial itself is scheduled to begin Aug. 12, 2019, with an expected conclusion date of Aug. 28, or before.

Well, looks like they were in court on 10/1. Wish they had listed those "multiple significant dates" in the paper! Gaah!! At least we have trial date.... way next year!!

Finally an article!

Prosecutors seek joint trial for Carrillos, with separate juries for each

BELFAST — Prosecutors in the case of the State against Sharon Carrillo and Julio Carrillo are requesting the two to be tried together, albeit with separate juries, for the depraved indifference murder of 10-year-old Marissa Kennedy.

In a Revised Notice of Joinder received by Waldo County Superior Court Oct. 9, Assistant Attorney General Leane Zainea gave notice to the Court that she and fellow case prosecutor Assistant Attorney General Donald Macomber that the State has joined for trial Sharon Carrillo and Julio Carrillo.
[.....]
Following an Oct. 1 status conference where counsel for all parties were present, Justice Robert Murray ordered a timeline for the case, including multiple significant dates. Jury selection for the trial is scheduled to take place beginning Aug. 8, 2019, while the trial itself is scheduled to begin Aug. 12, 2019, with an expected conclusion date of Aug. 28, or before.

Well, looks like they were in court on 10/1. Wish they had listed those "multiple significant dates" in the paper! Gaah!! At least we have trial date.... way next year!!

I'm in the next county over, so I won't be called for jury duty. I would be excused, anyway, I couldn't be impartial.
The trial dates are pretty quick, comparatively speaking. My ex bf's mother was murdered in 2014 and we're still waiting for a trial date.

@mistivon - do you have access to Maine court sites? TIA if you do! Looking for court dates for these two....

bumpitupbump_zpslfblvcp8.gif

for Marissa!

Hey me again!

I'm going to be going through all my "oldie" cases that I haven't heard anything about in quite some time.
I hope someone can help me with these.
I'm going to call on
@JerseyGirl, @cybervampira, @SeesSeas, @MsMarple, @mistivon, @Eleven_11

No access to this court site. Any of you get into Maine court sites?
Hope you all don't mind me tagging you! I need HELP!!

Here's what I got:

Monday, Oct. 1st:
*Status Hearing for both (@ ET) – ME – Marissa Kennedy (10) (Feb. 25, 2018, Stockton Springs. Suffered months of abuse (Oct. ‘1-Feb. ’18) – *Sharon Carrillo (33) “mom” arrested (2/26/18) & charged (2/28/18) with depraved indifference murder. $500K bail. Plead not guilty on 4/2/18.
*Julio Carrillo (51) step-dad arrested (2-26-18) & charged (2/28/18) with depraved indifference murder. $500K bail. Plead not guilty on 4/2/18.
3/16/18 update: A Judge has ordered a mental health evaluation for Sharon. Will be examined on 4/20 at Riverview Psychiatric Facility, results will be sealed by the courts.
Superior Court Justice Robert Murray ruled 3/18/18 that pros hadn’t followed proper procedures when they subpoenaed Sharon’s former school & former employer in New York. Murray ordered that paper records the State received as a result of that subpoena be sealed & turned over to the court. He also ordered that digital records be destroyed. The court hasn’t yet set a hearing date to decide whether any members of the pros team should be removed from the case.
4/13/18 Judge denies Defense motion to remove prosecutors from case.
4/20/18: Sharon Carrillo’s forensic mental examination is scheduled for May 4. The exam takes place at the Offices of the State Forensic Service in Augusta, and can take up to three hours to complete; according to court documents, the Court had also planned to address a pending Motion for Joinder previously filed by the State. Other matters that were to be discussed included a Motion for Forensic Evaluation of Julio Carrillo.
5/2/18: Defense appeals decision to keep pros on case.
5/16/18 Update: A motion to disqualify prosecutors in the Sharon Carrillo murder trial will now be heard by the Maine Supreme Court. An oral argument is scheduled at the Maine Supreme Court in Portland for June 12th.
7/3/18 Update: ME Supreme Court rules that Prosecutors can stay on case. Next court hearing in August 8. State wants Julio to have mental evaluation, judge has yet to approve.
9/1/18 Update: Both plead not guilty. Julio retained new attorney last week. Mental health of both defendants in question. Hearing on removing prosecutors from the AG’s office could be as soon as next week (9/3 to 9/7). Trial being 8 to 12 months out.
10/1/18 Update: Status hearing held. No hearing dates given, but jury selection will start 8/8/19, with trial starting 8/12/19 & expected to conclude by 8/28/19 or before.
10/16/18 Update: Jury selection for the trial is scheduled to take place beginning Aug. 8, 2019, while the trial itself is scheduled to begin Aug. 12, 2019, with an expected conclusion date of Aug. 28, or before.

TIA! All!

I'm hoping this is a step forward toward better protection for Maine's children.
Family reunification law takes effect
Republican Gov. Paul LePage and lawmakers pressed for the bills after the deaths of two girls, 4-year-old Kendall Chick in December in Wiscasset and 10-year-old Marissa Kennedy in Stockton Springs in February.

I was coming to post that :) And no, can't access Maine and don't see any other news articles.

Maine woman charged in 2018 beating death of daughter seeks to annul marriage

Sharon Carrillo is expected to ask a District Court judge to end her marriage to Julio Carrillo, who also is charged with murder in Marissa Kennedy's slaying, alleging he already was married at the time they wed.

Sharon Carrillo, 34, is expected to ask a District Court judge in Wiscasset on Thursday to void her marriage to Julio Carrillo, 52, because he had at least one wife at the time the couple wed and may still be married to a third woman, said Christopher MacLean, Sharon Carrillo’s attorney.
[.....]
Sharon Carrillo is expected to testify at the hearing Thursday, MacLean said, which will be her first public statements since she was arrested in February 2018.

A little bit more "on case"

Defense team for Sharon Carrillo plans to petition for annulment of marriage

Julio Carrillo is also charged with murder for the death of Marissa Kennedy.

It has not been determined if the couple will be tried together or separately.

According to the defense, the case will be tried in Waldo County unless a fair and impartial jury cannot be selected, then the judge may consider changing the venue.

and.... of course neither article gives a court date for the murder. Should I put Sharon on Thursday? Or leave them on Oct. 1st for their last Status hearing? Decisions, decisions....

A little bit more "on case"

Defense team for Sharon Carrillo plans to petition for annulment of marriage

Julio Carrillo is also charged with murder for the death of Marissa Kennedy.

It has not been determined if the couple will be tried together or separately.

According to the defense, the case will be tried in Waldo County unless a fair and impartial jury cannot be selected, then the judge may consider changing the venue.

and.... of course neither article gives a court date for the murder. Should I put Sharon on Thursday? Or leave them on Oct. 1st for their last Status hearing? Decisions, decisions....

Waldo county is very small and rural.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500