Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM
I highly value what all of our VI's and all of our V Professionals have shared with us. I guess we all have different perspectives on what constitutes verbal abuse.

I wonder if my husband's family and friends think I'm abusive because I made fun of his furniture when we first met. He only had a preowned couch, a dining table (with a tv and computer on it), a bed frame and a coffee table with a missing corner from practicing his golf swing. He had boxes everywhere and basically lived out of them. I've even called him Captain Obvious in front of his friends a couple times. I meant it in more of an ironic way than a belittling way because he could well afford decent furniture and he is highly intelligent.

I think when a woman is serious about a man, it is very common for her to want the best for him, like nice clothes, healthy food, etc. Imo, Shanann went out of her way to please him and show him that he was appreciated.
I understand that. Many have stated they do the same in their relationships. I do think however people are confusing verbal abuse to what most of us consider as 'banter', what I see in the videos is not what I consider banter. Banter takes two people going back and forth with each other and laughing and I just don't see that between the pair.

I suspect SW would turn her phone on as soon as she was allowed. Even possibly texting or calling CW when she landed at airport with an eta of her arrival home.
Adding to my post:
Would it be possible that SW told NU to text her when she got home safe that morning. I know I would ask my friend to text me when they arrived home to know they were safe. Not sure how far NU had to drive from SW's home but something that may come out in trial. Maybe NU did text SW when she arrived home that morning and maybe SW texted her back or maybe she didn't text her back and NU just thought SW went to sleep and just maybe that was in the back of NU's mind when she arrived at Watts home at 12pm that day.

Good Evening WS's! It's been a busy day here with 33 pages so far. I always try to read back through the thread but if there any particular developments I shouldn't miss, if someone would catch me up I'd love it. :) #BlessTheNewsSharers

Layla123's excellent summation post (Post #607 on page 30) is good to read. It speaks about Livor Mortis, and there was some discussion about what it means for the case.

I think the motion to seal the autopsies could mean the COD is different than strangulation or maybe CW is telling the truth.
jmo
I wonder the timing and how the request to seal the autopsies correlates with the request for CW finger and palm prints and foot ink print? Any ideas anyone? If the autopsies determined COD different then strangulation or suggesting that maybe CW is telling the truth then why would they need CW's finger and palms prints and ink foot print? Just confused.

I understand that. Many have stated they do the same in their relationships. I do think however people are confusing verbal abuse to what most of us consider as 'banter', what I see in the videos is not what I consider banter. Banter takes two people going back and forth with each other and laughing and I just don't see that between the pair.
Why are those videos relevant? What is the connection between either “banter” or “verbal abuse?” It’s impossible to determine what was actually going on in their minds at the time. There is no context.

Either it was “banter” or it was “verbal abuse.” Regardless of what it was, it is simply a snapshot in time, viewed from a distance.

This doesn’t change anything, from my point of view.

I’ll play devils advocate, and say that it was mean spirited. Does this mean that this is the reason the marriage broke down? Is it merely a symptom of it?

Does it get us any closer to figuring out why he killed his family?

I say no.

I've also played with the theory, whilst not completely 'catatonic' (I'm not a psychologist and but can't come up with a better metaphor), events happened which were not controllable out of his normal mental state.
Whilst he maintains, when presented evidence, he 'only' committed one (technically two) acts of death by strangulation, is it implausible that he simply doesn't remember the complete horrific acts to his daughters at the time, or of his wife and baby boy? He simply switched off?
Is there a 'revelation' moment when all of a sudden you realise you are the perpetrator of these horrfic acts against your own family?
Could you lie so well because that's what you believe yourself?
If so, the moment of truth would hit you like a brick to understand the enormity of your actions, at some point.

Rambling, just a thought....
Not necessarily my final theory but a thought in my head. Late, tired and foggy. Zzzzzz
My thought behind questioning a fugue state earlier! You explained in a better way what I was wondering about.

Anything is possible, but to be honest, it’s highly unlikely. I discussed this over on Mollie’s thread (because he is actually trying to use the “I blocked it out” defense). While people do have amnesiac or dissociative episodes, I don’t think that is the case here. He’s giving a detailed description of what he says happened. If he said, I don’t remember what happened, it would make more sense than him fabricating (IMO) a memory. Our memories are fallible but it’s not likely you’d get such a big thing like who killed who wrong.
But isn't it also possible if he's given the general scenario, he could fill in his version of the details? In some cases, actually unknowingly fabricating a memory to suit his own cause in order to deny culpability or guilt.
I'm really not implying it's the case here and I respect your better judgement.
Not unlike drunk, hungover colleagues in work the morning after the Christmas party the night before, for example, going through all possible scenarios of what may or may not have happened, convincing themselves of 'reality' even though it may be far from the truth.
Although I agree, I probably (hopefully) would remember whether I had taken someone's life. This may not be the case with everyone.
JMO

Why are those videos relevant? What is the connection between either “banter” or “verbal abuse?” It’s impossible to determine what was actually going on in their minds at the time. There is no context.

Either it was “banter” or it was “verbal abuse.” Regardless of what it was, it is simply a snapshot in time, viewed from a distance.

I’ll play devils advocate, and say that it was mean spirited. Does this mean that this is the reason the marriage broke down? Is it merely a symptom of it?

I say no.
We have different opinions and that's fine. Even though you put plenty of question marks in your response I take it you don't really want an answer?

I suspect SW would turn her phone on as soon as she was allowed. Even possibly texting or calling CW when she landed at airport with an eta of her arrival home. Maybe even telling CW to unlock the front door for her??

Yes, every time we land, myself and everyone around me, is usually turning on their cells, as we are taxi-ing to the gate. Most people need to communicate with family etc, at that time.

My thought behind questioning a fugue state earlier! You explained in a better way what I was wondering about.
I'm sorry, I didn't see your post earlier. I'm trying to catch up, just from today and last night. Could you post a copy if it's possible? Thank you.

I say no.

Exactly right! I have said this before but SW is not the answer to why he did this. He is. To think otherwise assumes that he was a completely hapless passenger in this family without any agency of his own.
IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members