Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Fatal Vision on Monday because I wanted to see if there were any similarities between CW and JMcD.

I think its well worth watching, (although I'll watch anything with Scott Foley!!!!!).

I concluded that JMcD was an alpha male with heaps of self-confidence that bordered on arrogance. A leader not a follower. I don't think he was insecure in his masculinity, just the opposite.

CW strikes me as submissive and insecure with himself, more of a follower. Its possible that his buff physical transformation made him more confident and aggressive.
MOO

Scott Foley! I've been a fan since his days on "Felicity." :)

I agree CW likely gained a lot of confidence with his physical "transformation."

IMO based on reason and professional opinion. In this case, all our experts here say no signs of abuse on the videos. Period. In fact, I believe it has been banned per page 1 rules on this thread but please correct me if I am wrong.
It is, because it's basically a parenting discussion. Everyone has a different style of parenting, what's right for some isn't okay for someone else. Would it warrant a visit from Child Protection Services? I mean, this is what's being touched on here, it's amazing, I can't believe it!

I was a much better parent with my second and third child, there ya go! TG nothing was caught of video! I'm proud to say my 3 children are healthy, well adjusted adults in spite of me not being perfect. Nothing shouts out to me that SW didn't love her children or that CW leaving would make her kill them, nothing! jmo

Wasn't it SW's idea to move to CO?

This article states that she sold her house in North Carolina in order to move to Colorado:

Shanann Watts, slain in Colorado with daughters, once lived in Belmont, N.C.

She was a Nanny for a family in North Carolina that moved to Colorado, so she may have moved when they did or soon after to continue as their Nanny.

SW has an Instagram post about flying back to NC for her wedding on November 3, 2012.

Does anyone know if CW moved at the same time, before or after she moved?

Last edited:
I understand and again I'm sorry. This case is so heartbreaking.
Whats even more heartbreaking is some people are trying to believe CW's lies to the point of ignoring or rationalizing the facts of what he did. This only downplays and dismisses the tragic deaths of SW, his unborn son and his daughters . Whom he murdered all by himself.

If I was the defendant, I'd want my defense to shout nothing from the rooftops prior to trial because it would give the prosecution a big hint as to my defense strategy. Instead, I'd want them doing exactly what they have been doing.
JMO
If I were the defendant, I'd want my defense attorneys to file a motion requesting my bail as soon as they could, right?

I don't understand why SW felt the need to post them at all. Were her "people" really needing to interrupt their own family time on Christmas Eve just to see the scared, crying Watts children? CeCe was crying in the other room nearly the entire time and Bella made it clear she didn't want to be on camera after Santa left. It was difficult to watch and it left me wondering what kinds of demands her employer was imposing on SW.

JMO

That video had Shanann's dad up in the corner of the screen so that he could talk to the girls and sort of be there with them while they opened their Santa presents, so I got the feeling that one was more about family stuff than Thrive stuff. Being a dad himself he's probably seen tearful over-tired children before, but I'd also think he was happy to be able to be with them from a distance.

I thought Shanann took it totally in her stride that not everything went perfectly in that video. It's so easy for people to get upset over things like that, especially at Christmas when you can have such big hopes of 'perfection' and stresses can end up magnified, but Shanann just seemed to shrug her shoulders and say 'oh well, we tried'. It seemed a healthy attitude to me.

I'm just sad those little girls won't have a Christmas this year or in all the years to come :( They're not going to look back on that video and laugh at themselves for being scared of daddy in a Santa costume.

I don't understand why SW felt the need to post them at all. Were her "people" really needing to interrupt their own family time on Christmas Eve just to see the scared, crying Watts children? CeCe was crying in the other room nearly the entire time and Bella made it clear she didn't want to be on camera after Santa left. It was difficult to watch and it left me wondering what kinds of demands her employer was imposing on SW.

JMO

I feel like the live videos were just a norm in her circle. My guess is her "people" are all posting the exact same kind of videos on any given day, regardless of content. I think it just became the norm. I'm not a big fan of that kind of sharing, but I don't read any meaning or agenda into it. I think it's over the top, but "going live" is something she and her friends/customers/upline/downline people seemed to just be in the habit of doing.

Ocam's Razor, always one of my favorites.

However, I will state that that is not always true, 99% of the time, it is correct.
True. It’s always good to keep an open mind, but it is just as important to follow the facts where they lead.

You may have to make assumptions, but they should be based on facts and nothing else.

Whats even more heartbreaking is some people are trying to believe CW's lies to the point of ignoring or rationalizing the facts of what he did. This only downplays and dismisses the tragic deaths of SW, his unborn son and his daughters . Whom he murdered all by himself.

I understand it's uncomfortable to discuss the possibility that his story is true. However, nobody here is "trying" to believe him nor rationalizing his actions.

Offended? I never referenced anyone on this site. But studies and statistics show this to be the case. It's also common sense in our society IMO. It's not perfect, and it is hopefully changing, but being aware of implicit bias that cultural norms influence is helpful for us all IMO. In fact, had CW and SW looked different and been from a different neighborhood, they might not even have had a high profile case, and resulting best prosecution and defense the State likely has in that area.
This is true, it can't be denied. Any similar videos wouldn't be glanced at let alone analysed to nth degree.
SW needs to be taken down a peg even after death and imo, this will hold even when CW is found guilty without a doubt. jmo

True. It’s always good to keep an open mind, but it is just as important to follow the facts where they lead.

You may have to make assumptions, but they should be based on facts and nothing else.

Yes, as I wrote this, it reminded me of a case, that LEO was convinced that the Mother's BF had killed the child. And, 99% of the time, when a child disappears, it is a person close to the child. Sadly, because of those "statistics", I don't think that LEO really did a comprehensive investigation. Eventually the killer was caught.
Nathaniel Bar-Jonah - Wikipedia

Sometimes, statistics are not correct. Very true.

I understand it's uncomfortable to discuss the possibility that his story is true. However, nobody here is "trying" to believe him nor rationalizing his actions.
I think that you have to make a conscious effort to believe him.

He has lied multiple times, in the worst possible way that a human can lie.

His scenario, as he would have us believe, is beyond improbable, especially when coupled with his postoffense behavior.

It’s far more easy to believe in his guilt, than in his (partial) innocence.

In order to believe him, you have to see past these incredibly incriminating things, and focus on something else.

That takes work.

I’m not a lawyer, but I’ve seen enough Law and Order that I consider myself an expert. Incidentally, I am also a qualified medical professional based on the fact that I have seen every episode of House.

The mitigation expert comes in during the penalty phase. The purpose is to provide evidence that may sway the jury into opting for a lesser punishment (life vs death penalty).

Mass Guy, thank you for you succinct reply. So, if CW is found guilty, then a mitigation expert would come in at that phase but would not if the defense negotiates a plea? TIA

Oh gosh, no you sure didn't. I didn't read back and was still thinking about the snow video. My bad!

I remember them in the pool, not sure about the photo mashup. I may go investigate now, lol. :oops:
MOO
We both slipped up! Just found it...it is from a year ago so probably a Mexico trip...

Shanann Watts

Mass Guy, thank you for you succinct reply. So, if CW is found guilty, then a mitigation expert would come in at that phase but would not if the defense negotiates a plea? TIA
Correct. He exists to convince a jury to go with a lighter punishment. If a plea deal is struck, he wouldn’t be necessary. The plea would likely be for a life sentence in lieu of the DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993