GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just re-watching parts of yesterday's text message testimony. In early December, Tammy sent a message to someone saying "I should have moved to New Orleans with Pepper back in 97".

I assume this is who she is referring to: Pepper Keenan - Wikipedia

Will be interesting to see if she works her "rock star" past into her testimony. o_O

I wish Nancy had been able to get more details about the photo. I'm assuming it had been long determined what she was allowed to ask about it? My mind has been trying to figure out what it showed and I keep coming back to those missing curtains and mysteriously replaced security cameras. Maybe they were used to wrap her up? Awful, awful people.

Really, really think she still has that flip phone and maybe even Heather's phone as trophies. They're under concrete or buried under the fire pit or something, but I'm sure they're still there. I wonder if someone had the phone's number? Maybe he texted or emailed the photo, maybe to yet another burner phone?

As to why I think SM would show it to TM's cousin, I think that it was his version of how TM faux-boasted about her awesome life. He was telling someone who knew them that maybe he wasn't as whipped and emasculated as he seemed. Also a way for him to bond with someone who was also into doing criminal things, like when an old timer bonds with a grandson over his days of playing high school football. He banked on the family tie and the no-snitching code to keep it secret. Thing is, two people can keep a secret only if one is dead. So. How many other people did he show? Will they come forward if there's a guilty verdict this time? I hope so.

I'm disappointed in a few things with regard to the state:
  • Why didn't they use Heather's facebook messages? Or Instagram activity? They could have used that to show, for example, that she was sitting and posting at Longbeards indicating she was waiting for someone.
  • Maybe they couldn't do this because of laws or court conduct or whatever, but it was obvious from previous trials that the defense was going to try to say that it wasn't TM but the abusive ex-boyfriend that did it. Truslow even tried to pin it on her date from that night. Why not get their records and put them into evidence? Didn't Bri say the ex boyfriend was in another state, or something like that? They could have proven that the date didn't go back out, to leave no doubt for the jurors.
  • Why didn't they call SM to the stand? Even if he just took the 5th to every question, I think that would have made an impact on the jury. I think that was a real missed opportunity.
  • I wish they had spent some more time on the stalking prior to the disappearance date, which would have supported the conspiracy charges. And weren't there journals listed as seized with the search warrant?
Hope they get her on these charges, and then SM! Justice for Heather! <3

Just re-watching parts of yesterday's text message testimony. In early December, Tammy sent a message to someone saying "I should have moved to New Orleans with Pepper back in 97".

I assume this is who she is referring to: Pepper Keenan - Wikipedia

Will be interesting to see if she works her "rock star" past into her testimony. o_O
BBM: I reckon she will. She won't be able to help herself mentioning she was a Groupie either. I reckon the questioning will go something along these lines:

Nancy: Can you please explain to the jury what a Groupie is?
TM: A Groupie is someone who hangs with "Rock Stars"
Nancy: What do you mean by "hangs"? Do you mean, has sex
with multiple partners? Do drugs? Please elaborate
on what you mean by "someone who hangs with Rockstars" Ms Moorer.

th
Nancy will have a field day. She's going to anyway without TM even mentioning "Rockstars" and "Groupies"....

Tomorrow can't come soon enough for me!!!
bliss-smiley.gif

Thanks Hatfield. We have learned that mom (81) has pneumonia :( and she was admitted. Looks like I missed an exciting day today but hopefully I can watch on my phone tomorrow, if not I will be reading all night!! :D
Best wishes to your mom! My grandma is about the same age and just recently out of the hospital for the same thing. She started showing signs that we thought were related to stroke or dementia, and they determined pneumonia in the ER. She's got chemo this week, so she's just generally feeling pretty rotten! Get some rest for yourself, so you don't make yourself ill while taking care of her. <3

<snipped by moi for brevity>

Nancy will have a field day. She's going to anyway without TM even mentioning "Rockstars" and "Groupies"....

Tomorrow can't come soon enough for me!!!
bliss-smiley.gif

I would love it if she could bring up TM's groupie hanger-on and strip club dancer days to do her character what she had her defense attempt to do to Heather! She's not so pure and innocent as she'd like us to believe.

Last edited:
I haven’t been able to attend the trial, but I’m going to go tomorrow. I’m “excited” but I feel horrible typing that because it’s anything but exciting to the Elvis family ☹️

Anyway- no phones in the courtroom and I’m not certain about a little notebook and pen ‍♀️. I’ll need one to remember it all— my husband is going with me and knows pretty much nothing about this except the snippets he falls asleep to every night on our bedroom TV- but he’s got a pretty good memory so if I can’t have a little notebook or pen he can help me remember small details . I saw people with purses and stuff- and of course people writing in the “reserved” rows.

Anyway- every court is different and this is my first time at this one (we are about an hour away).

Edit: some of my emojis aren’t showing up- I didn’t even notice the new format it’s been so long since I’ve been here- I used my iPhone emojis. Weird.

One of the things that strikes me is that despite all her bluster and threats, TM never appears to have physically confronted HE (up to the night of the disappearance at least). She sent Heather angry, threatening texts; she phoned her workplace to harass her; she even supposedly had someone else go to her workplace to “stalk” her. But she never physically confronted her. While I don’t doubt for an instant that TM would’ve relished inflicting pain on HE, or at least witnessing it, I think down deep she’s a coward. I keep coming back to SM being the murderer (I believe the picture we've been discussing was taken to provide proof to TM that the deed was done), and for that reason I can’t see him ever testifying against TM. I guess we'll see tomorrow when TM takes the stand, but I can see her indignantly insisting she “didn’t do anything to HE,” because in her mind she can convince herself that it’s true. At the same time, she loves the fact that she was able to make Sid kill Heather, and that knowledge gives her a certain level of control over him that is intoxicating for a narcissistic control freak.

JMHO, of course.

Thanks Hatfield. We have learned that mom (81) has pneumonia :( and she was admitted. Looks like I missed an exciting day today but hopefully I can watch on my phone tomorrow, if not I will be reading all night!! :D

All the best with your Mum, BAH.:):)
Good thing you took her to hospital.
She is in the best place for treatment.

Thursday, October 18th:
*Trial Continues (Day 9) (@ 9:15am-9:30am ET) - SC - Heather Rachelle Elvis (20) (Dec. 19, 2013; never found) - Tammy Caison Moorer (41/now 45) charged & indicted (2/27/17) with kidnapping & indicted (April 27, 2018) with conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Plead not guilty.
9/17/18 Update: South Carolina’s Supreme Court rejected an effort by Horry County prosecutors to move the cases of Sidney and Tammy Moorer under one judge. The decision seemingly paves the way for Tammy Moorer’s trial related to the kidnapping of Heather Elvis to move forward next week on 10/8. Defense filed motion for change of venue, but were denied.
Skipping over Day thru Day 7....
10/17/18 Update Day 8: State witnesses: John Caulder, the Senior Investigator in HCPD's Crime Scene Unit. Irene Moorer, Sid's mother. Donald DeMarino, Tammy's cousin. Sgt. Michael Kathman with the HCPD. Jessica Adams, the missing persons information coordinator for SLED. And the State rests their case. The defense is asking the Judge Culbertson for a directed verdict. Motion denied for directed verdict. Defense askes for a mistrial. Judge denies motion. Defense will start tomorrow (10/18) at 9:15am or 9:30am. Tammy WILL be testifying!!

WOW! All this suspense waiting to find out if Tammy would testify or not!! :D Glad to hear she is - setting my alarm for 4:15pm here!!

We are all over the place.
I need to wake up at 5.30 AM.
As we are all keyed up for a great day, I hope we are not disappointed.
TM may only appear for a very short time, with few questions permitted by the State, in the Cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53