GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting and waiting to see and hear Tammy's testify. I'm still puzzled as to why Sidney isn't testifying. It was stated early in this trial that he was on the witness list. I thought on the Prosecution's list. Any ideas as to what happened? Did he get scared of Tammy and change his mind? Is he going to be a witness for the Defense?
Usually if a defendant testifies it is at the very end of the trial. A bit surprised it is this morning.

Both the State and the defense would have included SM on their witness lists, just in case. Judges usually enforce deadlines for those lists, and neither side would have liked to have to take their chances of a judge refusing to allow them to add him at a late date, should something come up and information that he would be willing to divulge come to light.

It would be unusual for SM to testify or speak about the facts of this case, as he's got outstanding charges against him, and anything he says could later be used against him down the road.

I had to leave yesterday evening around 2 pm and checked back in last night very startled that the State rested its case and that Sidney was not brought in to testify. I though he was on the witness list for the state, what happened? That's what I get for having to leave during the trial.

No one has said why SM hasn't testified yet. We're all wondering what's going on.

Justice for Heather!

Overslept by almost 1.5 hours this morning. That means I don't have to wait as long for this show to get on the road!

Hope she has not changed her mind.

So I have Crime & Law site open - will it start automatically or do I have click on something??

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino
Noticing a lot more people in this courtroom today. Some told me on the way in they came just to see Tammy Moorer testify. The jury should be seated soon. We’ll be live streaming on Facebook when it begins.

DpyyAEXXoAE4E2l.jpg

DpyyAEXW0AASLLz.jpg

I was afraid this was going to turn into a circus. A lot of people being in the courtroom is just feeding her fire. She will want to show off because that’s the kind of person she is. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if the judge said no live feed today. Don’t get me wrong. I WANT the live feed but I just wouldn’t be surprised.

This has turned into something that is no longer about Heather and that’s exactly what TM is trying to accomplish.

Sitting and waiting to see and hear Tammy's testify. I'm still puzzled as to why Sidney isn't testifying. It was stated early in this trial that he was on the witness list. I thought on the Prosecution's list. Any ideas as to what happened? Did he get scared of Tammy and change his mind? Is he going to be a witness for the Defense?
Usually if a defendant testifies it is at the very end of the trial. A bit surprised it is this morning.
I don't know if anybody has already responded to this, but from what I was told by those in the courtroom, SM planned on pleading the 5th to every single question, and the State decided not to waste the court's time on it.

So I have Crime & Law site open - will it start automatically or do I have click on something??

I get the replay of yesterday on that stream, but it should start automatically once the stream goes live, you'll have to refresh once it is live.

Both the State and the defense would have included SM on their witness lists, just in case. Judges usually enforce deadlines for those lists, and neither side would have liked to have to take their chances of a judge refusing to allow them to add him at a late date, should something come up and information that he would be willing to divulge come to light.

It would be unusual for SM to testify or speak about the facts of this case, as he's got outstanding charges against him, and anything he says could later be used against him down the road.
I was hoping that he was scared enough to make a deal and tell the truth.

I was afraid this was going to turn into a circus. A lot of people being in the courtroom is just feeding her fire. She will want to show off because that’s the kind of person she is. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if the judge said no live feed today. Don’t get me wrong. I WANT the live feed but I just wouldn’t be surprised.

This has turned into something that is no longer about Heather and that’s exactly what TM is trying to accomplish.

I thought the same thing when I saw the posts. She will "get off" on the attention. SIGH I can only hope she puts her hoof foot in her mouth on the stand.

IMO

ETA: I can't quote in editing but I thought maybe for a second he made a deal and that is why he didn't take the stand b/c I would assume he can't get a deal in the middle of trial. Could they add murder charges for her if he took a deal then testified against her in a murder trial? One can only hope.

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino
Noticing a lot more people in this courtroom today. Some told me on the way in they came just to see Tammy Moorer testify. The jury should be seated soon. We’ll be live streaming on Facebook when it begins.

DpyyAEXXoAE4E2l.jpg

DpyyAEXW0AASLLz.jpg
I had planned on going, but I started coughing my head off again last night and didn't sleep much. I was almost over my dumb cold, but I think the plane ride and the change in pressure caused a setback. I've been coughing and sneezing all morning and didn't want to get others sick or be a distraction. :(

Can someone post the link they are watching from? I tried the previous links a few pages back, but they are inactive.

I don't know if anybody has already responded to this, but from what I was told by those in the courtroom, SM planned on pleading the 5th to every single question, and the State decided not to waste the court's time on it.

And that would be noteworthy, IMO. If there's nothing to hide, why not testify and answer questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB