GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is unpopular. But, if Mr. Elvis approached the lawyer wherever in the courthouse and he wasn't supposed to do so, then he is guilty. I can not imagine walking in this family's shoes. This has been an awful path. But, that said people can't approach and do anything that could be seen as threatening even in grief.

I guess it makes sense the way that Mr. Elvis was blocked from the restroom if the lawyer had gone out to use it. There must have been some notice given after the lawyer reported the action to the court. And, there must have been some attempt at protection for the lawyer. JMHO.
Protection for the lawyer? Mr. Elvis called him a lowlife, why would that warrant protection?

I'm not sure name-calling is a threat, but if Terry Elvis had been perceived as a threat, he would have been taken into custody at the time.

I'm sorry to see a grown man, whose witnesses were let off the hook after violating a sequestration rule and engaging in contempt themselves, haul the real victim's father to court to answer, essentially, a "nana nana boo boo" charge.

If he had to be a big baby because he was spoken to or called a name, I would have hoped that the judge could have been creative and sentenced Terry Elvis to community service on behalf of Heather Elvis, with time served.

I'm butting in on this one! :)
I was coming around to it actually being about coupons, until I saw the screen shot of the phone records. TM texted the 'got he ad' to the same person she texted asking for OJ and potstickers. Which she says was Sidney. So presumably it was actually Sidney that she texted 'got he ad' to.

So what I would want to know is... why not only lie and say she sent that to AC, but also why get AC to lie about it?
Or did she text AC for the potstickers, and is saying she texted it to Sidney to cover that he wasn't home?

Either way - the stated recipient of one of those texts is a LIE. Why?

The 'got he ad' text was not to Sidney. Here is what was testified about it:

Timestamp on video below 2:48:55

Tammy Moorer Trial Day 6 Part 1 - from Live Stream 1 - Wild About Trial

1:47 am You all gonna go to the store. We don’t need the ad it’s online now. (from number communicated with before- not Sidney)

3:10 am Tammy says – Got he ad – Home (timestamp 2:50:50 on video the witness states it was not to Sidney)

(Note on December 16th through the 18th Tammy was sending messages to guys (Caleb) from Sidney’s phone.)

4:20 am appears Sidney has his phone now

4:37 am Tammy sends to Sidney's phone- Can you please bring me an orange juice with the pot stickers?

Sidney – yes mam

Tammy- thank you

Protection for the lawyer? Mr. Elvis called him a lowlife, why would that warrant protection?
If he had been told not to approach him and he did, then it is an issue. As an officer of the court the lawyer warrants protection.

Look, I absolutely feel for the Elvis family. If it had been me, I would have had the bailiff warn him and not gone any further. But, if it was perceived as a threat, then Mr. Elvis was in the wrong and the lawyer exercised his right to have protection.

I'm not sure name-calling is a threat, but if Terry Elvis had been perceived as a threat, he would have been taken into custody at the time.

I'm sorry to see a grown man, whose witnesses were let off the hook after violating a sequestration rule and engaging in contempt themselves, haul the real victim's father to court to answer, essentially, a "nana nana boo boo" charge.

If he had to be a big baby because he was spoken to or called a name, I would have hoped that the judge could have been creative and sentenced Terry Elvis to community service on behalf of Heather Elvis, with time served.

He may have been given a summons and may have been spoken to by the court. He might have been told that he would be arrested if it happened again or even banned from the court room. We don't know.

Look, I said my opinion was unpopular. I have relatives that work in courts as LE. The situations are tense in some cases and downright dangerous in others. People have to comport themselves in non-threatening ways. I would not have looked for charges to be brought but I didn't hear what the situation was and the impact that his words or behavior had on the lawyer. However, the lawyer has every right to feel safe in court, in the parking lot, in a restaurant or wherever he/she goes.

I just read the gag order has been lifted. Come on out and talk to us!!

Gag order lifted in Tammy Moorer case

What does this mean? How will this help?

But SM's gag order has not been lifted, and doesn't it involve all of the same parties, except for TM's defense team?

http://ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wmbf/pdf/SidneyMoorerGagOrder.pdf

http://ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wmbf/pdf/TammyMoorerGagOrder.pdf

Source: Judge signs gag orders in Heather Elvis case

Just caught up on today's shenanigans. There's nothing left for me to say that hasn't already been said by all of you, so thank you!

I do wonder if CB's boss (GM) was in agreement with this maneuver. It seems petty, particularly in comparison to TM suggesting (from the witness stand) that Ms. Livestay slept with married men. She should have been fined as well.

If he had been told not to approach him and he did, then it is an issue.

I think this is what made the judge decide as he did. Yes, it sure was petty of the young defense attorney. At the same time technically there was an issue (legally-speaking) in doing that and the judge decided based on the rules in place. I'm *not* saying I agree with young attorney doing this, but Kaen's right.

What does this mean? How will this help?

I have the same question, why such a hurry to lift the gag order? Only thing I can think of is Dateline was hanging around. Which leads me to my next question. Can Tammy be paid for a book deal, or otherwise make money on this case?

So who wants to bet we'll hear from Polly soon?

He may have been given a summons and may have been spoken to by the court. He might have been told that he would be arrested if it happened again or even banned from the court room. We don't know.

Look, I said my opinion was unpopular. I have relatives that work in courts as LE. The situations are tense in some cases and downright dangerous in others. People have to comport themselves in non-threatening ways. I would not have looked for charges to be brought but I didn't hear what the situation was and the impact that his words or behavior had on the lawyer. However, the lawyer has every right to feel safe in court, in the parking lot, in a restaurant or wherever he/she goes.
I haven't seen anyone claim that TE is blameless in his speech or approach. But most people likely believe some grace would make sense here, and to instead seek a punitive remedy is petty and self-aggrandizing. I just don't believe the Elvis family has more responsibility to behave with greater grace than an officer of the court.

I think an ego was at stake here, not a life. Ironically, punishing Heather's dad for name calling only resulted in more disgust and negative characterizations of Attorney Brown, and possibly a real threat by some random crackpot with an axe to grind, so I don't see what his point was. JMO

I know this is unpopular. But, if Mr. Elvis approached the lawyer wherever in the courthouse and he wasn't supposed to do so, then he is guilty. I can not imagine walking in this family's shoes. This has been an awful path. But, that said people can't approach and do anything that could be seen as threatening even in grief.

I guess it makes sense the way that Mr. Elvis was blocked from the restroom if the lawyer had gone out to use it. There must have been some notice given after the lawyer reported the action to the court. And, there must have been some attempt at protection for the lawyer. JMHO.

Mr Elvis was not blocked from the restroom because the lawyer was out there to use it. This past Friday I witnessed Mr Elvis unable to leave the courtroom to use ANY restroom because Casey brown wouldn’t get up and move. He was sitting in the back row of the court near the door chatting it up with his friends. Mr Elvis couldn’t leave the room because he wouldn’t move- he (Casey Brown) was not allowed around Mr Elvis not the other way around. Him, his co council , and the moorer family were told to stay away from the Elvis family. They were not allowed to be anywhere near them. That includes blocking doorways so they are trapped in the courtroom. It took three bailiffs to get him to move. THREE. He was being a jerk and he knew it. Every single
Bailiff in that room was disgusted with the defense team and the moorer family. I (not even part of the family) was sitting with them during the verdict and I was unable to leave the courtroom until the moorer family was down to their car and driving away.

The day in question of this charge today (day one of the trial) Casey Brown decides he could use whatever restroom he chooses despite knowing that each side had a completely opposite side of the hall. There were many other options for a restroom for him to choose from- he chose the one that is directly next door to the family’s “room” for breaks. What Mr Elvis did was not okay- I agree with that, but I certainly wouldn’t expect to run into anyone from the other side when it was very clear who is supposed to be where. My run ins with Polly and Christian were crazy- and my only offense to them was sitting on the other side.

Because websleuths is reloading and losing my posts I want it clear my tone is not being read as argumentative- I just wanted to clear up who was told what and why. The moorer family and their defense were told from day one to stay away from the Elvis family because of the harassment they’ve endured over the last 5 years.

Also, since I can barely post today. I forgot to tel you all that that blogger Chelsea something? Was at the trial Friday and was sent to sit on the Elvis side as some sort of spy. When it was found out she was magically sitting on the other side...it was pretty creepy

Edit- I wish the judge had made it some sort of rule who goes to the bathroom where. But you can’t blame him for not knowing how crazy the moorers are.

I have the same question, why such a hurry to lift the gag order? Only thing I can think of is Dateline was hanging around. Which leads me to my next question. Can Tammy be paid for a book deal, or otherwise make money on this case?

So who wants to bet we'll hear from Polly soon?

I believe it has everything to do with dateline. I did see them there in the courtroom.

Just caught up on today's shenanigans. There's nothing left for me to say that hasn't already been said by all of you, so thank you!

I do wonder if CB's boss (GM) was in agreement with this maneuver. It seems petty, particularly in comparison to TM suggesting (from the witness stand) that Ms. Livestay slept with married men. She should have been fined as well.
He was in the courtroom today watching it all. So I would say he was in agreement!

Mr Elvis was not blocked from the restroom because the lawyer was out there to use it. This past Friday I witnessed Mr Elvis unable to leave the courtroom to use ANY restroom because Casey brown wouldn’t get up and move. He was sitting in the back row of the court near the door chatting it up with his friends. Mr Elvis couldn’t leave the room because he wouldn’t move- he (Casey Brown) was not allowed around Mr Elvis not the other way around. Him, his co council , and the moorer family were told to stay away from the Elvis family. They were not allowed to be anywhere near them. That includes blocking doorways so they are trapped in the courtroom. It took three bailiffs to get him to move. THREE. He was being a jerk and he knew it. Every single
Bailiff in that room was disgusted with the defense team and the moorer family. I (not even part of the family) was sitting with them during the verdict and I was unable to leave the courtroom until the moorer family was down to their car and driving away.

The day in question of this charge today (day one of the trial) Casey Brown decides he could use whatever restroom he chooses despite knowing that each side had a completely opposite side of the hall. There were many other options for a restroom for him to choose from- he chose the one that is directly next door to the family’s “room” for breaks. What Mr Elvis did was not okay- I agree with that, but I certainly wouldn’t expect to run into anyone from the other side when it was very clear who is supposed to be where. My run ins with Polly and Christian were crazy- and my only offense to them was sitting on the other side.

Because websleuths is reloading and losing my posts I want it clear my tone is not being read as argumentative- I just wanted to clear up who was told what and why. The moorer family and their defense were told from day one to stay away from the Elvis family because of the harassment they’ve endured over the last 5 years.

Also, since I can barely post today. I forgot to tel you all that that blogger Chelsea something? Was at the trial Friday and was sent to sit on the Elvis side as some sort of spy. When it was found out she was magically sitting on the other side...it was pretty creepy

Edit- I wish the judge had made it some sort of rule who goes to the bathroom where. But you can’t blame him for not knowing how crazy the moorers are.
WOW! What powerful information. Thank you helping us to understand the "situation" the Elvis family endures!!!

I can barely post as well. I don't see your account as argumentative. It seems like crappy behavior to me on the part of the defense. It is horrible to be so rude. I wonder if the previous incident was part of the impetus to not move.

I feel for the Elvis family. But, I can't imagine the judge found him guilty if there was a chance that he could get off.

WOW! What powerful information. Thank you helping us to understand the "situation" the Elvis family ensures!!!
I wasn’t there the day everyone was told to stay away from who etc. I do know that because I sat with them at times I was told by the victim advocate what the rules were. There definitely wasn’t specific bathrooms for specific people (except the soliciters), but it was assumed each side would use the side they are assigned “waiting rooms”. But like any other attorney out there since he wasnt technically breaking a rule....he did whatever he wanted.

I definitely agree that he shouldn’t have lost his cool when he saw him- but I can’t say what I would do. I was called a “*advertiser censored*”and a “rich ” by PC and CM- out on the sidewalk going to my car. They are batshit crazy and I’m not family or even friends. I helped search years ago- I’m not even on a first name basis with anyone in the family and that’s how they treated me. I can’t even imagine how it would feel to be in the same room as them if I were closer to the situation!

After the verdict - I was legit scared for people walking to their cars. The court felt the same I’m sure- there were several LE in the parking lot rows walking up
And down making sure everyone got to their car.

Edit- I guess websleuths starred out my bad word- oops! It rymes with witch LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members