Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the longer this goes on, the more diluted and twisted the evidence gets. The original report was that the computer was in Blaine's room, not Bobby's. And I'd be willing to be that SA either had a key to the Dassey's or they just left their door open so could've used the computer at any time. It would be easy to exclude SA as the user of the Dassey computer, but his cell records don't provide an alibi to the times KZ provided for computer use. Also, BoD worked until 6am and it was about a 20 minute drive home. So who was searching for *advertiser censored* @ 6am on 10/31 ? We'll never know.

I agree. But for me the more we discover, the less confidence I have that the case against Steven is reliable.

I do believe they have photo's and/or video of the computer in Bobby's room, I think it was even shown in MaM1. Blaine and Brendan shared a room IIRC. I know that Bobby and Barb have denied this and also even denied they had internet... but we know that's not true too ;-)

I'm not sure about the 6am time on the 31st? The last report I saw only had the dates and not the times I think.

I believe it was Fassbender's report that had the computer originally in Blaine's room. But with only one computer in the family, I can easily see them moving it around. If they were worried about incriminating evidence on the PC, I'm sure they could have destroyed the computer very easily living next to a salvage yard. Or reformatted the hard drive which is easy to do.

KZ mentioned 6am (actually 6:05) in this doc on pg 8 :

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...Recent-Examination-of-the-Dassey-Computer.pdf

I agree. But for me the more we discover, the less confidence I have that the case against Steven is reliable.

It's the opposite for me - after 13 years, memories fade and the new "evidence" discovered is harder to prove.

BBM

I'd agree that watching videos may not be the cause of behavior. On the other hand whatever causes BoD to have an obsession with viewing images of violence against women might also cause violent behavior against women.

Meanwhile any number of things about Steven's behavior are speculated as being related to the allegation he committed a crime against Teresa: something involving cruelty to one cat 20 years previously, his being imprisoned causing him to be bitter toward women, his being imprisoned causing him to feel society 'owed' him a free crime, his being exonerated causing him to feel untouchable, etc.

In my view, sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

I have no reason to suppose the images of TH on the computer were downloaded before she disappeared.

All MOO

BBM - true, but BoD has no criminal record or accusations by women, specifically underage women of which we are aware.

Ultimately, it's about reasonable doubt, isn't it? I think KZ has said that Bobby had the RAV4 hidden in the cul-de-sac on Kuss Rd... I get what you are saying about a witness saying it was elsewhere, but again, it's about doubt, right?

The hood latch... she is saying that it was just swapped out, the groin sample was submitted and labelled as the hood latch.

Couldn't bobby have been wearing gloves? I mean, that is the excuse used for no SA's prints, yet he bled everywhere... wouldn't it make sense that Bobby was wearing gloves, so no prints left?

I will say... KZ's theories have evolved and changed, or maybe she has more than one theory at this point. You almost have to go back to her original filing in August 2016, read all of it, and the exhibits... and then follow along as they were filed to be able to understand it all (whether you believe it or not, it shows how information has come to light that caused theories to change/evolve). Shoot, one of the filings, might have been the first one, was over 1000 pages with the exhibits!

BBM - where I come from, we call that throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. I will be the first to admit I'm wrong if she proves someone else committed the crime, but I'm not holding my breath.

I believe it was Fassbender's report that had the computer originally in Blaine's room. But with only one computer in the family, I can easily see them moving it around. If they were worried about incriminating evidence on the PC, I'm sure they could have destroyed the computer very easily living next to a salvage yard. Or reformatted the hard drive which is easy to do.

KZ mentioned 6am (actually 6:05) in this doc on pg 8 :

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...Recent-Examination-of-the-Dassey-Computer.pdf

I just checked Fassbender's report, I don't see it in there. It says they seized the computer from the residence of "Barb Janda". I did a quick google search to see if I could find the photo of it in Bobby's room, but no luck right now (may need more coffee haha)

Not sure about the 6:05am thing... I know the other times listed on the 31st, he was the only one home. But I don't recall reading any times on those searches, I will have to go back and look again sometime, there are so many different filings and soooo many pages of searches lol

Why does KZ keep publishing tweets like this if she's not interested in publicity ?

Kathleen Zellner on Twitter

Seriously ... #amateurswork and #bovineingenuity ?

If you think she is doing it for publicity, do you think she is winning? Do you think this is actually helping her reputation? Do we really believe that she needed Steven Avery to pad her credentials?
I really don't think she has anything to gain other than garnering opinions from her tweets. I can't remember if it was in an article or maybe in MaM2, she said something like the tweets are almost like having a jury, she tweets and gets reactions. Although I think she has made some mistakes, I really don't think she cares what anyone thinks, and I don't think this case is helping her reputation... unless she gets him out. I don't think she is willing to risk all her good work for Steven, but JMO.

(jesus, things are going fast.. different timezone here:)
anyway,
the whole reason i asked about THs picture was reg. motive. and i meant if somebody downloaded her picture before anything happened... of course. whoever did this, i don't think it was a "spur of the moment" thing.

I just checked Fassbender's report, I don't see it in there. It says they seized the computer from the residence of "Barb Janda". I did a quick google search to see if I could find the photo of it in Bobby's room, but no luck right now (may need more coffee haha)

Not sure about the 6:05am thing... I know the other times listed on the 31st, he was the only one home. But I don't recall reading any times on those searches, I will have to go back and look again sometime, there are so many different filings and soooo many pages of searches lol

Even if there is a pic of the computer in BoD's room, it means nothing if there is not 100% proof he made all of the searches. SA lived right next door and could have been using the computer as well. We'll never know.

If you think she is doing it for publicity, do you think she is winning? Do you think this is actually helping her reputation? Do we really believe that she needed Steven Avery to pad her credentials?
I really don't think she has anything to gain other than garnering opinions from her tweets. I can't remember if it was in an article or maybe in MaM2, she said something like the tweets are almost like having a jury, she tweets and gets reactions. Although I think she has made some mistakes, I really don't think she cares what anyone thinks, and I don't think this case is helping her reputation... unless she gets him out. I don't think she is willing to risk all her good work for Steven, but JMO.

BBM - no, if anything and IMO, it makes her look as if she's grasping at straws. She says in one tweet that the prison won't let SA watch MaM2. Really ? It's a prison and I don't think Netflix is included with R&B.
She then tweets no one has come forward with irrefutable scientific proof that she's wrong. Well, maybe they will if she wins an evidentiary hearing. And finally and in MaM2, she seems to lead Delores on in believing SA will be home soon. Really ?

I quite enjoy KZ's tweets, as do many others who follow her.
I don't think it's anything unusual these days for attorney's to tweet. Buting and others do so as well.
I liked KZ's latest tweet about guilters not being able to come forth with one piece of scientific evidence produced to refute KZ's experts claims, :)

(jesus, things are going fast.. different timezone here:)
anyway,
the whole reason i asked about THs picture was reg. motive. and i meant if somebody downloaded her picture before anything happened... of course. whoever did this, i don't think it was a "spur of the moment" thing.
In the link i posted yesterday BoD did have an interest in TH, to what extent i don't know?, and even his family had a bit of a dig about it to him. So they were aware of it.

I quite enjoy KZ's tweets, as do many others who follow her.
I don't think it's anything unusual these days for attorney's to tweet. Buting and others do so as well.
I liked KZ's latest tweet about guilters not being able to come forth with one piece of scientific evidence produced to refute KZ's experts claims, :)

BBM - how is the average guilter supposed to afford a team of experts to contradict what KZ has put forward ? We're not talking about the WI police, DOJ, or FBI here.

I used an example of her testing in a post before ... the blood by the ignition switch. She doesn't know when SA's blood ended up there - whether if was planted or it was SA fumbling around somehow in the dark putting the key in the ignition. Impossible to recreate the exact circumstances as she doesn't know them.

In the link i posted yesterday BoD did have a bit of an interest in TH, and even his family had a bit of a dig about it to him. So they were aware of it.

And which one of the always truthful Dasseys said that ? I'm sure BoD at 20 y.o. was interested in a lot of women.

And which one of the always truthful Dasseys said that ? I'm sure BoD at 20 y.o. was interested in a lot of women.
Not relevant to what KZ and her investigation has found though. The evidence speaks for itself. Or is KZ lying now as well.

Yes it is known:
(quote)
These searches have been isolated to times when only Bobby Dassey was home.
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Oct-23-2017-Motion-for-Reconsideration.pdf

BBM - that is simply not true - she has searches between 6-7 am on 10/31. Do you know what time the boys left for school ? Was Scott Tadych there in the morning ? Did SA come over ?

In Bid to Free Steven Avery, Attorney Kathleen Zellner Seems to be Omitting Some Key Facts

BBM - that is simply not true - she has searches between 6-7 am on 10/31. Do you know what time the boys left for school ? Was Scott Tadych there in the morning ? Did SA come over ?

In Bid to Free Steven Avery, Attorney Kathleen Zellner Seems to be Omitting Some Key Facts
What i linked you to is KZ's investigative findings in a motion to the court. Not an opinion piece by someone that isn't on the case for post conviction relief that is representing Steven Avery.

What i linked you to is KZ's investigative findings in a motion to the court. Not an opinion piece by someone that isn't on the case for post conviction relief that is representing Steven Avery.

IMO, what KZ presented to the court regarding BoD as an alternative suspect is an opinion piece with no facts to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get