UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Altough when I first saw both videos, for some strange reason I thought they were the same footage

Or he could have been just checking if she was home, if he was planning something untoward, more people would have noticed him looking in the front window, so he may have checked the back for lights on. Maybe he was considering doing something to her that evening and thought the morning while its quieter is a better window of opportunity.

Or he could have been just checking if she was home, if he was planning something untoward, more people would have noticed him looking in the front window, so he may have checked the back for lights on. Maybe he was considering doing something to her that evening and thought the morning while its quieter is a better window of opportunity.

Could be. Don't get why he would have gone round the back in the morning. I think I am confusing stalking with an opportunist striker maybe. Do you think this person knew Claudia (the percentages obv say yes)

Yeah I for sure thinks he knows her, its just hard to believe someone who was already acting shifty behind her house one evening (the stopping when he saw another person, you seriously dont do that unless you dont want anyone to see you) and for him to go back again at 10 past 5 in the morning is baffling, I mean who does that.. she then disappears into thin air the next day.

So my two theories are the one I mentioned previous about her being collected by a lover (guy who breaks outside her house) and he did away with her when he was driving her after an argument.

Or this guy behind the house, he is also a lover, or someone who one of her lovers has sent to do away with her and hes been stalking her movements. Maybe the evening time didn't sit right with him, the fact he seemed edge when that person walked past, and then thought first thing in the morning when she is headed to work is a better opportunity with no people around, he does the same again and checks the back again for lights, bingo shes getting ready.. he lays in wait for her to leave and drags her into a car.

Something I also just thought about this mystery guy, 7.15pm in very late March, I would say its light enough outside to not have your house lights on inside. I know the video looks like its darker but I think that is the street lights making it appear as if its darker than it is. So if she was home, yet didnt have her lights on it could have appeared to the guy that she wasnt at home and thats why he came back in the morning when he knew for sure she would be there because she was going to work.

Does anyone else think Dad was pretty quick off the mark reporting her missing? Also l wondered about him dismissing the potential sighting of her arguing with someone near the uni that morning - l thought police officers were supposed to do the ruling out.

Can anyone pinpoint me to the evidence she had brushed her teeth that morning?

IMO, she picked the wrong husband to have an affair with. These were older men, well off, and reportedly up to 40 of them over the years. At some point, she would have come up against a Mrs who wasn't going to let her get away with it. They would have had a nice life,comfy house, may not have worked...people have definitely killed for less.

How recently had she dyed her hair, l wonder, and how long had she been blonde? I'm wondering if she dyed it to try and disguise herself.

Something I also just thought about this mystery guy, 7.15pm in very late March, I would say its light enough outside to not have your house lights on inside. I know the video looks like its darker but I think that is the street lights making it appear as if its darker than it is. So if she was home, yet didnt have her lights on it could have appeared to the guy that she wasnt at home and thats why he came back in the morning when he knew for sure she would be there because she was going to work.
I wonder, where he did come from? Out of a parked car or by foot from a neighbor home?
And he believes a man pictured by a CCTV camera walking near to Claudia’s house at the time of her disappearance “remains the most important person to trace”.
“We don’t know if that man was in the area as a matter of daily routine, or whether his appearance is of critical significance. I believe he must be local to the area, and despite extensive appeals, he hasn’t come forward. I can only speculate why he hasn’t done so, and whether someone is protecting him.”
Unsolved Claudia Lawrence investigation

I haven't forgotten the man, who owned some properties/homes (built or renovated by himself) in the area and who suddenly died 3 weeks (?) after CL's disappearing (his name I don't remember at the moment) ........

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, she picked the wrong husband to have an affair with. These were older men, well off, and reportedly up to 40 of them over the years. At some point, she would have come up against a Mrs who wasn't going to let her get away with it.

"One day" it might have been the husband or future husband of a girlfriend even, "by mistake".

The Search for missing British woman Claudia Lawrence has been scaled down following police review : UnresolvedMysteries

Very interesting Reddit thread with some comments from a journalist and a person who claims Claudia wrecked her friends' parents marriage. If any if that is true, it's no longer a mystery.

I wonder why they didn't bring a sniffer dog in, they can detect cadaver through concrete.

I read that thread at the time.

There's no smoke without fire as they say.

On the face of it the DVD comments seem credible.

It's also plausible that the man in the CCTV footage is known locally and to the police, but nothing can be proven. I suspect he was checking for a light to see if she was at home. Her naivety has been mentioned by her sister and her only long term relationship ex. She thought she could stay in good terms with the men she had affairs with; she still spoke to the man who lost his marriage just January that year as a result of their affair. This certainly does seem naive imo and quite clearly, she was wrong to make that assumption.

As Claudias moral character has been portrayed in a somewhat less than flattering light, this has contributed to people not wanting to help by providing information that they may have done in other circumstances. If it happened now, people might think differently, as attitudes towards women have certainly changed in the last few years.

As Claudias moral character has been portrayed in a somewhat less than flattering light, this has contributed to people not wanting to help by providing information that they may have done in other circumstances. If it happened now, people might think differently, as attitudes towards women have certainly changed in the last few years.

I don't think attitudes towards women who have affairs with multiple married men have changed, though.

the brushing teeth came from the fact they reported her electric toothbrush was found by the sink in the kitchen.They think she dyed her hair as they found hair dye kit in the bathroom that had recently been used,they think recently.It was a suggestion that maybe as she was brushing her teeth in the bathroom she had to answer the door or phone or something similar so took the toothbrush down stairs..it was just an odd place to leave it as its charger was in the bathroom..could be she was just in a rush in the morning and was multitasking having breakfast and brushing teeth in the kitchen.
the guy in the cctv didnt have long at the back of the house as i walked it and with the time given he was down to 15/20 seconds at the rear of the house before he reappeared back in view.it doesnt give much time to do anything,like as said maybe just checking to see if anyone in or if she was in then a quick conversation and then he was away.he would have had just enough time to walk into the house ,grab something then leave,the time he had was short.

i still am suspicious that something happened to her in the pub..the police had a more than fleeting interest in 2 public houses..the cctv of the car approaching her house and breaking is still a mystery.i calculated its speed and it was around 28 mph whne it got to the 20mph zone and the brake lights came on but then as i belive,with the reflected light in the house window opposite ,pulled across the road to outside her house..could of course just been overtaking something ie parked car.
the dna the police got from the cigarette proved to be of no use so far...its odd she didnt reply to the last text she got

Altough when I first saw both videos, for some strange reason I thought they were the same footage
i thought that at first,that the car was the same one caught on 2 cctv cameras..shame the cctv cameras arnt higher resolution...

cant they just survey the areas that have a possibility of hiding a body.to me theres not many in the area having driven round it..most areas have too much people/houses round them to be practical burial areas...if the ide she is under concrete then now that time has passed decomposition will have caused a bigger target to see on gpr

Does anyone else think Dad was pretty quick off the mark reporting her missing? Also l wondered about him dismissing the potential sighting of her arguing with someone near the uni that morning - l thought police officers were supposed to do the ruling out.

Can anyone pinpoint me to the evidence she had brushed her teeth that morning?

IMO, she picked the wrong husband to have an affair with. These were older men, well off, and reportedly up to 40 of them over the years. At some point, she would have come up against a Mrs who wasn't going to let her get away with it. They would have had a nice life,comfy house, may not have worked...people have definitely killed for less.

How recently had she dyed her hair, l wonder, and how long had she been blonde? I'm wondering if she dyed it to try and disguise herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus