TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently watched a TV program about the disappearance of a young woman from St. Louis. They bring in a team of PI's to look back over the case & interview folks, etc, etc. A mere 6 years into her unsolved disappearance, they noted a couple of discrepancies in the story being told by the parents and media. When the PI's asked the parents where a certain nugget of un-truth originated from, they couldn't remember...Someone may have told them that at one point, but they weren't sure.

Now imagine 44 years of 3 disappeared girls. Who knows where these things cross the line from rumor to fact.

I recently watched a TV program about the disappearance of a young woman from St. Louis. They bring in a team of PI's to look back over the case & interview folks, etc, etc. A mere 6 years into her unsolved disappearance, they noted a couple of discrepancies in the story being told by the parents and media. When the PI's asked the parents where a certain nugget of un-truth originated from, they couldn't remember...Someone may have told them that at one point, but they weren't sure.

Now imagine 44 years of 3 disappeared girls. Who knows where these things cross the line from rumor to fact.

Or creating a completely false narrative

None of us had either until Raven dug up on old advertisement from the newspaper. She posted it here previously.
Ok here's a thought---they stop by shop. Oh what's this? This? A lift drops and there's a horrible accident, covered up by whoever was around. Could've been employee or friend or who knows.
Ok. I know. Dumb idea. Just a thought.

It was a transission shop, so of course it had a jack to get the car high enough to drop the transmission. How else would they pull the transmission? A manual cherry picker & roll around and take it to a bench to be worked on. Lots of work on your back on the roller dollies. :)

It was a transission shop, so of course it had a jack to get the car high enough to drop the transmission. How else would they pull the transmission? A manual cherry picker & roll around and take it to a bench to be worked on. Lots of work on your back on the roller dollies. :)
Thank you....I had forgot all about manual cherry pickers existing..... I do wonder if that building is still there ?

If you had a street address and put it in Google Earth you could see how old the building looked. If it burned down maybe replaced?

If you had a street address and put it in Google Earth you could see how old the building looked. If it burned down maybe replaced?
It would be interesting to find out... I do not remember ever seeing the proper address though..... Maybe I can turn it up....... " A sleuthing I will goooooo......"

March, 1973 ad from Fort Worth Star Telegram for transmission shop. 2 locations are listed on this ad. There were 2 others. The 4 locations were not in operation at the same time.

Attachments

• 20181126_160822.jpg
    20181126_160822.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 64
Found where it was and Rachel lived...110 N. Sylvania Ave....There is a new brick office building and parking lot there now.... Right across the street from it on 1st St. is Ace's Tire Service. The Ace buildings look like they were there in 1974 or earlier, especially the back sheds, buildings from an aerial view.

Collins location is now a combo auto stereo/window tint/wheels shop.

Sylvania location is now an accountant's office.

Neither of the current buildings would have been there in 74.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kforbes862