CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think telling people not to try and solve this, is going to have any effect at all.

It’s not like anyone is going to listen.
I think she means to not muck upLE's chance to solve,or make erronous assumptions accusations about KB. As has happened in other cases.
Her strength,and trust in the FBI,CBI is admirable.

You’re assuming that he’s telling the truth though, and that he really only had an hour.

He never spoke to a reporter before that press conference, hasn’t spoken since, never reported her missing, and has now lawyered up.

This doesn’t jibe with a guy who was ever going to speak at a press conference, advanced notice or not.

I get that you think he's guilty and that I'm not going to change your mind.

Human behavior is a very intricate and complicated thing. We have the "norm," the fringes of the norm, cultural norm, local norms, etc. We here are baffled, because a lot of this situation is outside of our "norm." This does not take into consideration personalities. familial norms, religious/spiritual custom. We recognize that getting together for a Thanksgiving Holiday with friends and family is customary. Concern about a loved one being out of communication is normal. Why the people involved in this, including LE are not responding with the same amount of angst as we are makes no sense to us. We're plugged in to these crimes and disappearances more than most, so our radar starts buzzing. And then, down the road, we have a sense of how this will end after this amount of time. I'm not sure what I'm really trying to say, except we are frustrated and puzzled about what is NOT HAPPENING here. MOO of course.

Last edited:
The family is requesting it....which honestly doesn't make sense to me. You can't ask the media for help only when you want it. If your child is missing you should be begging for media to show up and help bring attention to your cause, no?

I bet media shows up regardless. shrugs.
Perhaps they can film it from afar and not pressure the family and guests for interviews?
MOO

His attorney said that he only had an hour notice about the press conference. That he would have attended with more notice. I have no idea if that’s accurate but that’s what was reported by the attorney.
which is a laughably absurd excuse in such a small community. The national media made it there. Her mom made it there from Idaho. PF didn't show up because he didn't want to be asked questions. JMO

Something bothers me about the report that KB texted her workplace to tell them she would be off for a week. Who does that? Anywhere I have worked, you better give them a direct call or you are out of a job. I do not believe she personally texted anyone.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Before my family got cut off, I frequently told them one thing even if it wasn't accurate. Doesn't mean much.

KB could have told PF one thing, told CB another thing, and who knows what the right answer was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if she drove back and forth to work in Pueblo or is there a commuter train? Her mother said she worked long shifts. I just can't get over her comment 'she commutes to Pueblo, which means many people must have seen her'. When? The day she disappeared?

I get that you think he's guilty and that I'm not going to change your mind.
I’m not even positive a crime has been committed.

But you’re right, you’re not going to convince me that his behavior is normal, or that LE wasn’t telling us that they were looking closely at him, at that press conference.

Last edited:
You know....it would scare me to death to have to stand up in front of a bunch of cameras and make some sort statement knowing good and well that nothing I could say would be good enough for all of the people looking for a reason to suspect that am somehow responsible for the disappearance. You don't want to say the wrong thing or say the right thing in the wrong way. Police have told you that they want to withhold some information so they can corroborate any confession they might receive. You are probably emotional. I think it takes more than an hour to prepare for that.

On the other hand, there have been plenty of cases where LE made sure that a suspect attended and spoke at a press conference so that they could use his/her words against him and watch his/her demeanor. (CW being the ultimate example.) . That leads me to believe that they really don't consider PF to be a POI, because if they did they would have given him as much time as he needed (certainly more than an hour) to be present and to get in front of the microphones and cameras.

MOO
How does LE "make sure" a POI attends a press conference? In the Watts case, the press showed up at the Watts home. In this case, the media didn't know PF didn't live with KB. Her mother blurted it out at the press conference.

The Chief was asked why PF wasn't there and the Chief didn't know the reason. If there was a legit reason PF wasn't there--such as not enough time to get there--he would have told LE. I sure don't take his non-attendance to be a sign that LE doesn't consider him a POI. I think it is just the opposite. JMO

My personal opinion is that KB's family is absolutely terrified that whoever may have "disappeared" KB can easily do something to the baby. The family is very instant that everyone stop trying to solve or speculate on anything regarding the disappearance ... they are seemingly asking for the public to share her picture but not really "help" in any way. I feel they are walking on egg shells and probably paralyzed by the fear that a certain someone might get backed into a corner by the Media/Public before LE is able to act and that baby could disappear just as easily as KB.
Well if anything happens to the baby now, we know who to go to.

I wonder if she drove back and forth to work in Pueblo or is there a commuter train? Her mother said she worked long shifts. I just can't get over her comment 'she commutes to Pueblo, which means many people must have seen her'. When? The day she disappeared?
I didn't really understand that statement either. There is no train to Pueblo so she would have had to drive. It would be just over an hour each way depending on traffic in Colorado Springs.

There is no commuter rail from Woodland Park to Pueblo, and KB most likely drives the 150 miles round trip daily. Agree with CB that there's plenty of opportunity to see KB during her commute. Also, I think this explains why KB had a second vehicle that may have been used exclusively for the commute. MOO

"Asked whether Frazee was being cooperative, the chief responded, “Yes, at this time, yes.”"

What's with the "at this time"? Was he not cooperating before? Do they anticipate he won't be in the future?

MOO - I think PF hired council early on and had them present during any questioning. Cooperating? Yes, but not as forthcoming as LE hoped.

Something bothers me about the report that KB texted her workplace to tell them she would be off for a week. Who does that? Anywhere I have worked, you better give them a direct call or you are out of a job. I do not believe she personally texted anyone.

Yup, but who ever has her phone can do all kinds of nefarious things I guess. ( I'm NOT tech savvy enough to even know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley