CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I'm frustrated by the cousin willingness to talk to the media, especially the DM of all outlets.

Yes, I know grief makes people do strange things. I've been there actually.

I used to to work in media AND I was a close to a victim of murder (the daughter of a close friend was murdered by a stranger). So high profile case. I knew things from the FBI from my poor friend venting to me, the direction of the investigation, key evidence, etc. Everything they told her, she told me. We were two steps ahead of the media.

So my two worlds collided, as they say.

On the one side, I obviously knew the media. Scoop, get the scoop. If it bleeds, it leads. ABC scooped PF getting handcuffed. Would love to see their newsroom on getting that. High fives, all around. Everyone goes full throttle competitive and, I don't need to tell you, they aren't always sensitive as they get wrapped up on being "the first" interview, the first footage, the first FILL IN THE BLANK.

Not surprisingly, my colleagues discovered my connection and, gently, approached me. Repeatedly. I resorted to sending out an email blast stating, very clearly, "Not happening. I'm not speaking about it, period, thank you."

So why do families/cousins talk to strangers, the media, about it? Well, a grave injustice has been done to the innocent. You are not yourself or thinking straight and the right reporter can be convincing..."Get your side out. Help them find her body. Let the world know about what a great person she was." Well, okay, great but let's be honest...

Things can slip out during raw emotions that either investigators don't want known or that could, inadvertently, help the defense at the trial or even shape public opinion. It is a dangerous road to travel that can lead to a lot of regret after the fact.

While missing, yes, the media can be a great help. At this stage, though, with an arrest and a trial looming? Absolutely not. Get a family spokesperson who says, nothing more than, "Thank you for all the prayers and those who have contacted us. We are forever grateful and now will wait for justice to be served."

BTW, I now work at Hospice. It's a beautiful job, I'm very blessed, but we have a phrase called "compassion exhaustion". It literally is when you need to take a break from work because you are so depleted from dealing with the strong, raw emotions the end of life brings.

Sometimes I feel it on this board. We are just barely over the terrifying Watts murders and here is another murder, to pour over, to ponder, to try to make sense of.

So I pray for swift justice for KB and peace to her loved ones. If I feel depleted, I can't imagine the hell they feel. Well, actually, I can. It's something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

We don't know for sure, but I think Kelsey made more money than he did. MOO.

This makes me so upset. Young, good-looking, a pilot, a mom, managing at all, achieving. Isn't it the type of a woman we want to have, and see, more in our society? And everyone says she was a nice person it top of it.

All ended because of some stupid, aggressive loser.

I am very sad, but angry, too.

If he is cooperating with law officials, maybe nothing. PF might have told him some sort of lie about why to send the two texts and the individual might not have known it was to throw off the police, although this is doubtful.

I’ve had that same thought as well. Maybe this person didn’t know the reason behind why although it would be super suspicious to me personally. Perhaps this person finally came forward to LE and that got the ball rolling for LE. It makes sense someone has the phone in their physical possession for LE to know it’s location, there is no possible way it would still hold a charge and be able to be located remotely.

Also, the messages were sent 3 days have her last verified sighting. Maybe PF mailed phone out Friday and it arrived in Idaho Sat?

Someone mentioned KB’s Pinterest board. I took a look.

One month ago she created two new boards; Holidays & Hair and Makeup. The holiday board was full of pretty Christmas trees and decorations. To me, it appears like she was happy about the upcoming holidays and decorating.

She also has a Quotes board that was created a year ago. The majority of it is spiritual/ religious quotes.

The last pin on that board is haunting, but it’s unknown when she pinned it.

“Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives puts us directly on the path of the best things that will ever happen to us”

I don't know if that place has an attic. But the home has a loft like second floor, so the first floor is open to the second floor. Someone had wondered if they were taking out cabinet doors from the kitchen, but with fresh baked rolls on the counter, it doesn't seem likely that's the room that something happened in.
edited to add-somewhere back on the last page someone had posted pics of the interior of the home. If I find the link I'll post it.

My daughter rented a condo in Colorado that was extremely similar to the layout of Keleys townhome and the same size.
Up in the loft was her main clothes closet and when she first moved it well you know how that is you are just throwing things everywhere to get them out of the way.
One day she decided to empty out that closet to finally re-arrange and took everything out as in what was going to Goodwill and what would be going back in. She noticed what looked like a little door panel up again the wall and started playing with it and it popped open. When she looked in she was amazed, it was a small storage room that she did not even know was there, you had to bend over to get in the opening but could actually stand up once inside. I wonder if her place had something like that and things were thrown in there?
But you would not need a ladder and I am going with the thought that LE found splatter and needed to get high up to make a good cut because it did look like they were carrying out a large square.

PommyMommy, thank you and all the other posters for keeping us updated with news/facts/links as they become available. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

I'm so very sorry this happened to KB. If any of her family/friends are reading here, my deepest sympathy goes out to you. There are many posters here supporting you (IMO) as the efforts of justice for Kelsey continue.

I couldn’t agree more with your post. I’ve relied exclusively on the posters here at WS because they’re right on top of the latest information!

Also, I extend my sincerest condolences to the Kelsey family as they continue to struggle through this nightmare. I can’t imagine what they are feeling, but in some small way I hope they know how many people are behind the scenes praying for them and sending lots of love and support.

Honestly, I'm frustrated by the cousin willingness to talk to the media, especially the DM of all outlets.

I used to to work in media AND I was a close to a victim of murder (the daughter of a close friend was murdered by a stranger). So high profile case. I knew things from the FBI from my poor friend venting to me, the direction of the investigation, key evidence, etc. Everything they told her, she told me. We were two steps ahead of the media.

On the one side, I obviously knew the media. Scoop, get the scoop. If it bleeds, it leads. ABC scooped PF getting handcuffed. Would love to see their newsroom on getting that. High fives, all around. Everyone goes full throttle competitive and, I don't need to tell you, they aren't always sensitive as they get wrapped up on being "the first" interview, the first footage, the first FILL IN THE BLANK.

Not surprisingly, my colleagues discovered my connection and, gently, approached me. Repeatedly. I resorted to sending out an email blast stating, very clearly, "Not happening. I'm not speaking about it, period, thank you."

So why do families/cousins talk to strangers, the media, about it? Well, a grave injustice has been done to the innocent. You are not yourself or thinking straight and the right reporter can be convincing..."Get your side out. Help them find her body. Let the world know about what a great person she was." Well, okay, great but let's be honest...

Things can slip out during raw emotions that either investigators don't want known or that could, inadvertently, help the defense at the trial or even shape public opinion. It is a dangerous road to travel that can lead to a lot of regret after the fact.

While missing, yes, the media can be a great help. At this stage, though, with an arrest and a trial looming? Absolutely not. Get a family spokesperson who says, nothing more than, "Thank you for all the prayers and those who have contacted us. We are forever grateful and now will wait for justice to be served."

BTW, I now work at Hospice. It's a beautiful job, I'm very blessed, but we have a phrase called "compassion exhaustion". It literally is when you need to take a break from work because you are so depleted from dealing with the strong, raw emotions the end of life brings.

Sometimes I feel it on this board. We are just barely over the terrifying Watts murders and here is another murder, to pour over, to ponder, to try to make sense of.

So I pray for swift justice for KB and peace to her loved ones. If I feel depleted, I can't imagine the hell they feel. Well, actually, I can. It's something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

It is called burnout syndrome, and there are several good books written on it by Christina Maslach.

Possibly, but after they brought in the ladder they were seen carrying out large flat objects, possibly drywall pieces or cupboards. So it was surmised that the ladder was used to remove these. But it could have been for something else, darn police won't tell us anything, lol.
They could’ve just as easily been carrying sections of floor boarding they cut out from the attic, so I suppose that’s possible.

7537196-6505647-image-a-52_1545086276707.jpg

JoDee refused to say whether or not she had suspected Frazee saying: 'At this point I can't say anything, I've been having to bite my tongue for a while so I should probably continue.'

She added: 'My first concern is Kelsey's very immediate family, I worry so much for Kaylee, for Cheryl, her dad Darell and her brother.

"That's where my first thoughts go, but definitely secondary to that absolutely I hope that all the answers come out so the family can have all the questions answered and justice is done. Right now where my heart is just with her family.'

Kelsey's parents are in Woodland Park, Colorado, and her brother has been there for a large part of the search for his sister.

Kelsey Berreth's cousin speaks out for the first time since fiance's arrest | Daily Mail Online

Kelsey' cousin seems like a really smart lady.

That's what I'm thinking. I had also wondered if there's any space to stuff things in around where the flue to the fireplace is, it does go up to the ceiling. I had wondered if he pulled a few boards away and shoved evidence in there to hide it.

All good points and ideas. I would have never thought of the fireplace fluke to hide stuff. Great spot.

There's nothing I can add to this. You have said it all so eloquently.. And kudos to you for your professionalism AND loyalty to your friend. My condolences as well on that.

I believe many professions cause a "burn out" so to speak. Your current one especially. Even mine (teacher) and hubby's (psychologist). The good outweighs the negative I'd say for reaping rewards somewhere. But do take care of yourself too. It's important to keep on going.

<modsnipped against TOS>If she was strangled, blood possibly wouldn't be found. The last high profile case from CO was Chris Watts Its disturbing that women are killed at such a high rate by their partners.

Last edited by a moderator:
For clarity, in case this has not been answered yet:

No. This case was filed today.

It lists KB as a party because she has not been legally declared dead at this point, and both parents have to be listed as parties. If and when she is officially declared deceased, then she will be dropped as a party.

The court has discretion to allow additional parties to join the case. So far none are listed. I would expect this to change, but not before 12/27.

Poor Bill. I think you have said this ten times now. Bill is correct. Question answered. Let's move on. If anyone would like to pay Lexis for their own satisfaction, that can be done through the Colorado court site link.

And something that has always stuck out to me at that presser where her mother was at.

She wasn't going to say a word, but she stepped forward unexpectedly and interrupted the speaker to answer a question by the media and said that her daughter had never lived with him.

I thought that was very interesting and couldn't figure out why.

Perhaps there is some law as far as the baby's custody that is entwined with whether they lived together at any point?

This is why I think KB may have decided to no more sex before marriage and she probably didn't want to live with him because she thought it was a bad example for K. JMO.

I’ve had that same thought as well. Maybe this person didn’t know the reason behind why although it would be super suspicious to me personally. Perhaps this person finally came forward to LE and that got the ball rolling for LE. It makes sense someone has the phone in their physical possession for LE to know it’s location, there is no possible way it would still hold a charge and be able to be located remotely.

Also, the messages were sent 3 days have her last verified sighting. Maybe PF mailed phone out Friday and it arrived in Idaho Sat?
That'a s thought about his mailing the phone to someone in Idaho. Packages always have tracking numbers and receipts to follow delivery so it wouldn't be an unrecoverable discovery for LE. However, if anyone acted to assist him after the fact, I believe the charge would be accessory not solicitation. Solicitation implies pre involvement, as in he asked someone to take part in or to actually murder her for him. jmo

According to this news report from Fox 31 Denver, they located the phone in Twin Falls, ID. That statement is located near the 6 minute mark on video.

That seems to be the only report that they found the phone. No other stations are saying that yet. Since the statement was made by a reporter speaking live on the air, I think it was a poorly worded statement. At the presser I got the impression they knew her phone was located in Idaho but have not found it yet. I think they will be searching for the phone where it last pinged. JMO.

Good suggestion earlier to read through Kelsey's Pinterest
Board which is still open.
By reading between the lines of her memes, it seems she was
involved with someone who:
Didn't have the 'character' she wished he did
Treated her like she was an 'option' not the most important
He was controlling in the relationship and she wasn't comfortable with that
Always tried to talk his way out of bad behavior with her
She was making plans to move forward without him.
It's obvious in her writing. He's not turning out to be what
she thought he was and what she could live with in a man.
Sounds like he was a scoundrel to her, and she was wising up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993