Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

Today is the anniversary of her death. For 39 years people have speculated over her ID. With this DNA I do hope we know before it's 40 years unidentified.

I grew up in Texas in the 80s. Stranger Danger was a big part of my childhood, and this case was one that my mom often referenced. My mom was sure she was a hitchhiker, and even was sure HLL did it before he confessed (and later recanted).

Honestly Webseuthing is VERY new tome. Had not even heard of it until recently. Research and true crime are two big interests of mine, so once I heard about this I jumped in, and started by finding everything I could on this case. Most of my theories have already been posted in this thread, so no need to go over that, since they have been sent in already.

I honestly hope we get a name. I live near, may stop by her grave today if the weather is not horrible. If anyone else is in the Austin/George town area here is the grave: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/8520673

I have left flowers before and have family in the same cemetery and always make a point to stop and see her when I go see them.

Today is the anniversary of her death. For 39 years people have speculated over her ID. With this DNA I do hope we know before it's 40 years unidentified.

I grew up in Texas in the 80s. Stranger Danger was a big part of my childhood, and this case was one that my mom often referenced. My mom was sure she was a hitchhiker, and even was sure HLL did it before he confessed (and later recanted).

Honestly Webseuthing is VERY new tome. Had not even heard of it until recently. Research and true crime are two big interests of mine, so once I heard about this I jumped in, and started by finding everything I could on this case. Most of my theories have already been posted in this thread, so no need to go over that, since they have been sent in already.

I honestly hope we get a name. I live near, may stop by her grave today if the weather is not horrible. If anyone else is in the Austin/George town area here is the grave: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/8520673

I have left flowers before and have family in the same cemetery and always make a point to stop and see her when I go see them.
Welcome to Ws Llama_Rights, the flowers are a beautiful gesture, thanks!

Katherine Barnum
Height: 64 in.
Weight: 210 lbs
Hair colour: Red/auburn
Eye colour: Hazel
Circumstances: Katherine Barnum was reported missing by her sister, Bonnie Buckley, originally in 1979. Katherine Barnum resided at in Aurora, Colorado. Randal Francis Arnold (now deceased) was residing with Barnum for approximately two months at the time she went missing. Arnold speculated that Katherine Barnum went to California with an unidentified male and joined the Hare Krishna. A DEA informant provided information that the body of Barnum was in a mineshaft somewhere near Central City, Colorado.

The height and weight are a bit off but I think it's worth a shot, she resembles the UID very closely.
normal
33UFTX5_LARGE.jpg

So many ups and down here. First no. Then yes then no again. I wonder what happened cause it looked so good.

I'm guessing here, but it sounds like they may have had better luck at extracting the unknown DNA than from the remains?

This is a guess but I think they took it from evidence collected. She has been buried for a long time and I do not think they want to exhume her. The cost alone would be hard for any organization to afford.

Just wondering if anyone ever submitted Marla Jean Thomas? I just came across her and came here to see if she'd been mentioned and I see that she is but I can't figure out if she was ever submitted. Stunning resemblance.

Just wondering if anyone ever submitted Marla Jean Thomas? I just came across her and came here to see if she'd been mentioned and I see that she is but I can't figure out if she was ever submitted. Stunning resemblance.

Orange Socks is mentioned on Marla Jean Thomas's websleuths page. Apparently she is automatically ruled out as they both have DNA.

I was the one that suggested her as a match due to the newest NCMEC recon. However, they both have DNA and dentals as well as Marla had given birth and OS had not and heights were off.

If you look into Marla's disappearance a little, it looks likely that she never left the state of WA alive. Seems it was speculated she was killed to cover up a crime and was likely dumped in one of the many waterways of the Sea-Tac area. Her sister is still looking for her...

Cindy Cheree Kent was added to the Charley Project today, and the year of her disappearance reminded me of this case. Cindy Cheree Kent – The Charley Project

The MP was reported missing 7 months before Orange Socks was found. She was last seen at a bus station in Arkansas. Her height (5'8) and age when missing (17) fit the estimations reasonably.
NamUs link: Missing Person Case

Cindy Cheree Kent was added to the Charley Project today, and the year of her disappearance reminded me of this case. Cindy Cheree Kent – The Charley Project

The MP was reported missing 7 months before Orange Socks was found. She was last seen at a bus station in Arkansas. Her height (5'8) and age when missing (17) fit the estimations reasonably.

A thread for Cindy: AR - AR - Cindy Cheree Kent, 17, North Little Rock, Mar 1979

What was the name HLL said he thought she told him? I thought it was something like Cheryl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back