Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, before this thread goes out of control...Yes, there are two young men held for murder on the jail roster. If you search for them, however, they are involved in a shooting/murder in Hibbing. Let's not get the thread closed down just as we have some actual news.

KSTP's Beth McDonough said a source reports a teenage girl is said to have walked up to a woman walking her dog in Douglas County Thursday afternoon, screaming that a man had murdered her parents.

A release from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said Closs was located in Gordon, Wisconsin at 4:43 p.m., and a suspect was taken into custody at 4:54 p.m., also in Gordon.

Jayme Closs located alive, suspect in custody

A woman walking her dog in a rural area called police when Jayme ran up to her screaming saying that she needed help and this man had killed her parents!
Per KSTP tv

Douglas County is around 60 miles north of Barron County.

KSTP's Beth McDonough said a source reports a teenage girl is said to have walked up to a woman walking her dog in Douglas County Thursday afternoon, screaming that a man had murdered her parents.

A release from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said Closs was located in Gordon, Wisconsin at 4:43 p.m., and a suspect was taken into custody at 4:54 p.m., also in Gordon.

Jayme Closs located alive, suspect in custody

So happy for Jayme, her family and the entire town of Barron. The sight of people lining up for miles to look for her will stay with me forever. I hope it gives Jayme some comfort to know how important it was to so many people that she be found.

Imagine what that dog walker felt when she realized it was Jayme. And LE in that town to get the call that Jayme had turned up on their doorstep.

Sounds like the false reports she was found earlier today was a complete coincidence. Her family must have had their hopes up then squashed earlier today. Then to get the same news again hours later. It probably wasn't until the Aunt spoke to Jayme on the phone they allowed themselves to completely believe it.

IIRC there are more than a few of us who need to go get our hat to eat. Happily!
Yes, talk about a roller coaster of emotions!

I saw the story posted by an in-law who lives in Wisconsin and had to do a double-take and check the link out to make sure it wasn’t one of those websites that isn’t really the real news and when i saw it was WEAU and read the story, I couldn’t help but cry.

My own daughter is 13, so this case has been on my mind since it all began. This poor girl has been through hell, but I am so incredibly happy that she was found alive.
My daughter is a year older, I just jumped on her bed and hugged her!

I truly didn’t believe this was possible but I am beyond happy. I thought I was pretty jaded about these cases but I literally had chills.

Now, her family can get her some serious counseling and someone needs to hook this young lady up with Elizabeth Smart ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member