Meet & Greet for New Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! My name is Nicole and I'm a 32 year old writer and mom of three. I heard about this website from the podcast Up and Vanished (which is excellent, by the way) and had to check it out! I've been interested in true crime for as long as I can remember. When I was younger, I swore I would one day be a sleuth like Nancy Drew... a far cry from the stay-at-home PTO mom I am today. Hahaha! I'm super happy to be here and look forward to reading your posts! : )

Hello everyone, I am a new member. My name is Grant Watson, I am from Macon, GA.

I got introduced to true crime from the podcast "My Favorite Murder", and I never realized how engulfing this world could be with cold cases

Hi everyone. Although I joined a while ago and have lurked even longer than that, I thought I would pop in and say hi. I am a true crime follower. I have read about many true crime cases, my favorite author being the late and great Ann Rule, R.I.P. However, I think the best book I have ever read is Truman Capote's masterpiece, "In Cold Blood." I also listen to a lot of podcasts. I don't really watch the shows on t.v. such as "48 Hours" because I don't particularly like the format.

There is one cold case that touched me personally that I have not seen posted about on websleuths. My former ob/gyn, Dr. Teresita Valera Costello of New York City, was murdered in 1995, her body found stuffed in the trunk of her car far from her home. The chief suspect has always been a very close family member, but apparently there has never been enough evidence to bring charges against him. I knew her to be a very good doctor and a lovely, caring person, although the NY Times article about her painted a somewhat more harsh portrait. I am new here,but I thought I might be able to start a new thread? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Hi Folks! First post here :) First heard of your site after watching Josh and Rachel in The Killing Season. I'm UK based and have a passion for 'real life' stuff - I'm intrigued by it. Enjoy watching criminal case trials on YouTube - something that isn't allowed in UK Courts (filming of the case), so to have the chance to watch online is fantastic. I probably know more about US trials than UK ones now! Can't wait to get properly into all the different case files on here - many thanks for letting me join!

Hi all. First time here. I am a new Research Committee member for the Missing & Endangered NW Missouri & Surrounding areas. I found this website as I was searching for some of our missing individuals. Glad to be a part of something bigger than me! Peace~~

Hello fellow Sleuthers. I found out about Websleuths while watching the docuseries The Killing Season. Of course I am fascinated, but mostly I wanted to see what kind of information there was about the 30 year old cold case kidnapping of Ilene Misheloff , a home town girl who disappeared in 1989. She was one of many girls that disappeared in the Bay Area during that time frame. I am hoping Websleuth will work it's magic and raise some awareness about her case. So many cold cases are being solved these days, I am hoping she will be one of them.

Hi! New to the forum. I love true crime novels, tv, docs, and podcasts. Looking forward to exploring the site, and learning how team work solves crimes and provides closure, and justice. Learning about research, working on my Library Information System studies, too.

Hello! My name is Shelby, and I am as obsessed with true crime as can be. I love true crime books, podcasts, documentaries, and really anything you can think of. I am super ready to deep dive into whatever I can. I also work at the Minneapolis City Hall, so I have regular access to the MN courts public access computers. Please hit me up if you need any particular digging for MN cases!

I've just joined today and wanted to say hello to everyone!

I'm Laura, 31 from York, North Yorkshire, England and I'm a support worker for people with learning difficulties and disabilities.

I am particularly interested in the Skylar Neese murder, Steven Avery, JonBenet Ramsey and Madeleine McCann if anyone would like to discuss these with me or share info and theories.

Hope you all have a nice day!

Hi Laura, my name is Samantha, I am 44 years old, from Birmingham and work within The Retail Industry. In your post you named all the crimes that I am interested in. I am currently watching Theories on The JonBenet Ramsey Case on Utube which is extremely interesting indeed. I watched The Avery Case on NetFlix, which is another extremely interesting case also. The Skylar Neese Murder really really touched my heart, as the 3 girls involved were so young. To be able to plan, lie and deceive people and be able to kill their supposed best friend was totally unbelievable! Both Sheila Eddy and Rachel Shoaf deserve to spend the rest of their lives behind bars. Although Rachel was sentenced to 30 years, I do believe that someone from the Neese Family will always be there to stop her getting parole. I am currently reading The Truth Behind the Savage Murder of Skylar Neese Pretty Little Killers by Daleen Berry and Geoffrey C. Fuller. I thoroughly recommend the book! I have also learned and read alot about Skylar DeLeon and his wife Jennifer who killed The Hawks Couple for money and their boat. They were eventually caught and Skylar DeLeon is currently on Death Row and his wife is serving life. I thoroughly recommend you researching abit about this case too.
Take care,
Warmest Regards,
Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone. Although I joined a while ago and have lurked even longer than that, I thought I would pop in and say hi. I am a true crime follower. I have read about many true crime cases, my favorite author being the late and great Ann Rule, R.I.P. However, I think the best book I have ever read is Truman Capote's masterpiece, "In Cold Blood." I also listen to a lot of podcasts. I don't really watch the shows on t.v. such as "48 Hours" because I don't particularly like the format.

There is one cold case that touched me personally that I have not seen posted about on websleuths. My former ob/gyn, Dr. Teresita Valera Costello of New York City, was murdered in 1995, her body found stuffed in the trunk of her car far from her home. The chief suspect has always been a very close family member, but apparently there has never been enough evidence to bring charges against him. I knew her to be a very good doctor and a lovely, caring person, although the NY Times article about her painted a somewhat more harsh portrait. I am new here,but I thought I might be able to start a new thread? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Hi. That case was very sad. But it’s not true no charges were ever brought against her Son, in fact, he Was charged in her murder, 2 years after her body was found, but acquitted after the trial. He then committed suicide by jumping in front of a train 14 years later so, unfortunately, there probably won’t ever be an official solving of this case.

Hi there! My name is Leah, from Kent over here in the rainy UK. I am currently doing my GCSEs, which most likely makes me one of the youngest here at age 15 at this very point in time. Although, for years now I have been following unsolved cases and serial killer cases.
The main cases I follow are Madeleine McCann, JonBenet Ramsey and Jack The Ripper, but many others are also in my interest.

Hi everyone. Andros here from North Carolina. I’m glad I found this site, I like what I see so far.

Hello everyone!!
My name's Pip and I've been obsessed with True Crime for a while now, and thought it was finally time to join!! I think the case that really got me into True Crime was the EARONS case. After listening to CaseFile's series on the killer, I was obsessed, always checking forums and reddit, waiting to see if there were any updates. When he was finally captured this past year, I was shocked! What made this event even more exciting was JJD was captured on my birthday! Since then, I have been kind of hopping around from case to case. I was really interested in the Jayme Closs case, and remember gasping when I saw the news she was found.
So as my True Crime interest continues to grow, I thought this would be a great place to discuss with like minded people!

Hi I'm Sandi. I heard about this website from CrimeJunkie. I love listening to podcasts on true crime and I'm looking forward to looking around websluths.

Hello, I'm new here and found out about this page from a co-worker of mine. I'm interesting in navigating this site and discuss all things true crime!

Hello. I'm Sabby from Michigan, US. 25, going on 26 on Feb. 13th. Here to share theories and check out unsolved cases. I have autism, so I feel like this would be a good way to exercise my critical thinking and analytical skills. I listen to a lot of true crime podcasts like Serial Killers and Female Criminals from Parcast. I've also been listening to Broken Harts. I'm always open to listening to more True Crime podcasts so I can possibly look up some cases and comment on this forum. Looking forward to reading about different cases! EDIT: Also very interested in the Zodiac Murderer cases!

Hello all, My name is Apollo. I have always been intrigued by cold cases and other mysteries. I remember being exposed to quite a bit of Forensic Files at a very young child, this led to me seeking out mysteries as I began to mature and understand exactly what these types of shows were talking about. I was quickly captivated by the Zodiac case and delved into the world cryptography and serial killings. As a side effect of digging through all the muck and grime the reality started to take its toll on me. I had started to live my life in fear of being kidnapped, robbed, even murdered. Every stranger was a potential threat, every night was a potential nightmare. It may not be the best thing to surround myself with my worst fears, but if there is anyway that I could help someone that has been through the things i fear most, maybe it could put me at ease.. I am here to do my part in helping investigate. I hope I get to know you all well and be some sort of assistance.

Hi. That case was very sad. But it’s not true no charges were ever brought against her Son, in fact, he Was charged in her murder, 2 years after her body was found, but acquitted after the trial. He then committed suicide by jumping in front of a train 14 years later so, unfortunately, there probably won’t ever be an official solving of this case.

Oh wow, I missed that! I have been wondering whatever happened. I met the son and his brother in the doctor's office when they were little boys. At that time he and his brother were being taken care of the doctor's sister while she was working. If I remember correctly, soon after the sister was killed by a car while crossing the street. The doctor's husband died after a long illness around the same year or so. So the boys were left without two loving caretaking adults. It's a shame that the doctor's murder hasn't been officially solved.

Thanks very much for the information. Sorry to mods for taking up the space here to address this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53