Meet & Greet for New Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am looking for any opportunity to assist in investigating a cold case or missing persons case. My desire is to assist in providing closure for families who have lost loved ones and at the very least be willing to actively work towards answers. I would love any suggestions you may have for how to begin assisting.

Sincerely,
gls79473

Do we know for sure he wasn't at any point up in the northern New England area? There are a number of unsolved murders in the Tri-State area of Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts, that I feel are similar enough to his MO and worth at least looking into.

Hi everyone, I am just renewing my membership so I guess I'm a newbie. I read and watch just about every crime I find interesting and cannot let go until the case is solved. This should be fascinating! Hope to meet some new people who are as interested in these cases as I am. Looking forward to meeting new people with the same interests!

I just joined the forum again, trying to find information about a certain case. Her name was Amy (?) and she went missing in Colorado, left her car unlocked by the road and was never seen again. I think they found some pieces of bones from the area after a couple of years and they were hers. I wonder if I could find more information here?

Hi All!
I am a retired sheriff who worked as an investigator and later was elected sheriff for many years. Am curious about cases and don't know if my history will benefit at all but perhaps it will benefit somewhere.

J
Hi JustJohn123- welcome! Sounds like you will have some useful experience to add to our discussions here. We do have a verification process for posters who want to post as experts in a particular field; so please keep in mind if you want to give a formal/professional opinion in any threads we will need to verify your background. Feel free to message me for more explanation/info.

Thanks!
Whiskers

I just joined the forum again, trying to find information about a certain case. Her name was Amy (?) and she went missing in Colorado, left her car unlocked by the road and was never seen again. I think they found some pieces of bones from the area after a couple of years and they were hers. I wonder if I could find more information here?
Hi amethystsun,
Is Amy Ahonen the woman you're talking about?
CO - CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 8 July 2011
Identified! - CO - Wheat Ridge, Fem Skeletal UP11828, in Clear Creek, Oct'13 - Amy Ahonen

Welcome / welcome back,
Whiskers

Hello my name is Robin, 35 years old from Fall City, WA. It's close to Snoqualmie, Issaquah and Redmond. I am completely new to web sleuthing.

I live about 30 to 35 miles away from Ted Bundy's home.

Ted Bundy wasn't the only serial killer Seattle or around the Seattle area it has had. There was Washington State's first Serial Killer James Dwight Canady, James Elledge, Nurse Hazzard, and "Green River Killer" Gary A. Ridgeway.

I am interested Ted Bundy, James Dwight Canady, Ed Gein, Bender Family, Mary Bell, and The Cecil Hotel. Listen to the Podcasts The First Degree, Criminal, Someone Knows Something, The Serial Killer Podcast, and Cold Case Files.

I read books about Criminal Psychology, Female Serial Killers, Ed Gein, James Dwight Canady, The Cecil Hotel, and Mary Bell. I watch crime tv shows on my iPad A Crime to Remember, Blood Lies & Alibis, Codes and Conspiracies, Deadly Women, and Horror at the Cecil Hotel.

Last edited:
I'm from from Virginia and 45. I think most all efforts to put heads together and discuss the missing or unsolved cases are worthy of the time. Different perspectives and experiences can help once Law Enforcement leads run dry.

Thank you for allowing me to join. I have read the rules and agree to them.

Hi everyone! I posted a thread on this site and I am a little new to investigations into cold cases and unsolved murders. any tips would be awesome! (sorry for the noobiness)

Hey everyone! I'm Jen–a pseudonym I've chosen to use online–and I've been pointed to WebSleuths by a friend. I actually discovered this website months ago through multiple Wiki clicks, landing on the Connie Converse page. A link on that page directed me here. :)

Hi everyone! I have been a lurker for quite some time now...not sure why it took me so long to sign up and step into the conversation, instead of just watching.

I grew up in Arlington, Texas, and was a year younger than Amber Hagerman, who was abducted & murdered. My best friend was in the same Girl Scout Troop as Amber and the entire case really rocked my little 10-year-old world and made a lasting impact on me. Her case was the spark that got me interested in criminal justice - finding what little justice and resolution could be found in these horrendous situations - and had me considering a career in criminal psychology or law for a long, long time.

Justice has never been served in Amber's case, as her killer has never been found, but I have never lost my hope (and I don't think I ever will.) I continue to be invested in new cases, and hoping for justice for each and every victim and the loved ones they leave behind.

I'm excited to be a more interactive part of the WebSleuths community now.

Hello everyone!

I first heard of WS from crime podcast series, Serial Killers, of Parcast Network. I think I'll be a lurker for some time to get used to forum format, which I last used, like nine years ago.

I have chemistry master degree and now I do my PhD studies in biology, on ancient DNA which became a game changing technique in forensic science (although my research focus is animal domestication and the samples I work on are generaly 10.000-5.000 years old). At this point I have no intention about being regarded as an expert in WS (I'm very inexperienced right now in this field) but I'm eager to help if any need arises.

I've been interested in serial killers since high school; what motivates them, how they act and how they think. I think crime is an integral part of human nature, whether small or not, and we need to better understand criminal behavior in order to build a society that no one feel urge to commit crime (though I'm fully aware that we're far from that society).

I'm glad to be a part of this community. I hope I'll have time to be a regular member.

Merry Christmas WebSlueths!

I've just joined today, and want to make sure I pop in and say hi. I've loved True Crime since I was very young. Starting with Major TV drama shows, and transitioning into more "true" crime as I grew old enough to stomach it.

Now, I always find myself gravitating towards crime related podcasts, TV shows, movies, etc. Maybe even to the dismay of my mental health at times. Let's solve some crime, or at least talk about it and keep the investigation alive.

Hey, I'm gumshoesboy, and while I've always been into true crime shows and topics (my grandmother and mom were always into it), I never really thought about discussing or putting in my own time to help solve or keep the word going, but I decided to step forward and talk about my interests and hope to see cases solved and justice to be served, especially in my own area. I'm new to these type of forums, but I hope to stick around and discuss things.

Hi all, I'm ToasterOverlord. I'm an anthropology and religion student looking to explore a different part of the internet. I'm here to learn, primarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa