Meet & Greet for New Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My name is Mara and I’m brand new to websleuths today. (New member-former lurker) I’m a romance author who’s currently transitioning to writing true crime. I’ve come to realize in the process that I need help—a lot of help. I have a really tough missing persons case that I’ve reached a dead end on and I’d appreciate any connections or pointers.
Happy Holidays!

Welcome to our newest members on Websleuths.

Websleuths may seem a bit daunting at first but if you jump in and start participating you will see how easy it is to become a welcomed member to Websleuths.

Glad to see so many different areas of the U.S (and I hope the world) are being represented in this thread.

Your opinions matter. You are important to Websleuths and we want to read what you have to say. Don't be shy. Please jump in when
as soon as possible.

But first, please learn our rules. We do not allow name calling, arguing with each other, rumors, any social media unless it is pre-approved first. We do not allow people to post inside information without becoming verified.

What we do allow are lively postings and great discussions, we want you to take the clues offered by mainstream media and law enforcement and think outside the box on all of the cases on Websleuths.

Thank you very much.

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Hello! (hope this ends up,in the right place)

My name is Don Casual and I am joining WebSleuths today, on December 27, 2018.

My initial coming-on-board interest is in researching Malibu Canyon m.p.'s, unidentified attacks, assaults and murders. These are of geographical interest to me because I live near the top end of Malibu Canyon where it meets the Ventura/101 Freeway. I'm looking forward to digging up some interesting, heretofore unpublished stories and information about the sinister goings-on in that area.

I hope to be a good and productive member here.

Don

Hello, everyone! I’m Ness, and got into true crime nearly 20 years ago, but dropped it when a friend said it was weird. I’m so happy that I have finally found a community interested in the same. I love puzzle solving and research, and just hoping to figure out where to start!

Hello, my name is Nater925 and just signed up today, the reason I signed up is because I follow most major cases in Canada and some in the US. After reading a book written about a case in Ontario that the author used theories that she found on Websleuths and how it actually helped the case. I decided to look into it and sign up. I hope I can learn a lot from here and also be able to provide some help along the way!!

So many new faces. Awesome!!!! Welcome all who posted here prior, current, future as our new newbies!!!!

Nater925 can I ask which Ont. case?

Hiya from NSW Australia!

I’ve finally decided to see what all of this is about after hearing about this site on almost every podcast I listen to (which is A LOT)

I look forward to navigating my way around the site and hopefully chatting with some like minded people :)

Hiya from NSW Australia!

I’ve finally decided to see what all of this is about after hearing about this site on almost every podcast I listen to (which is A LOT)

I look forward to navigating my way around the site and hopefully chatting with some like minded people :)
Welcome from another Aussie. I live in Qld and have been a member since 2012. There are many talented posters on this forum who often provide personal experience and insight into sleuthing crimes. Some cases really resonate, so feel free to participate.

Hi there my name is Anne Marie. It seems I joined up some time ago but it never went any further. I am from the UK. I would like to submit a missing persons case but not confident on how to set this up. I've searched this person's name and it hasn't come up. Is there anyone who can help? Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am an American with a background in psychological evaluation, cults, juvenile justice, behavioral analysis, effective interviewing techniques, and an unending interest in all areas of forensic psychology. I am hoping to learn something and offer assistance if I can.

I look forward to exploring the forum and engaging in discussions.

Kelly

Hi everyone,

I am an American with a background in psychological evaluation, cults, juvenile justice, behavioral analysis, effective interviewing techniques, and an unending interest in all areas of forensic psychology. I am hoping to learn something and offer assistance if I can.

I look forward to exploring the forum and engaging in discussions.

Kelly

Welcome Kelly. I too am interested in cults and forensic psychology

Hey everyone,

Jonny from Scotland. Joined up after having the forum mentioned in a podcast and thought it would show me some crimes I wasn't aware of!
I work in music and have a tiny dog.

Looking forward to reading all of your posts.

Hi my name is David and I am new and actually hoping to find help with an actual cold case murder from 2009 of someone I knew. Sheriff's department has a lot of circumstantial evidence and i have all the details. The case is not being actively pursued.

Hello, my name is Clare, I am a 15 year old girl who lives in Tennessee, and I'm new to the site. I joined because along with being an actress/singer, I'm interested in becoming a detective, and I am currently trying to solve the mystery of a missing teenager, and I was wondering if I could find some help.

Welcome to everyone !

I have been on Websleuths since 2014. Researching a case brought me here but it's the remarkable people that keep me here!

It is enlightening and heartwarming to read the compassionate and insightful posts from people like you, who genuinely care about the victims and the search for justice.

Tricia and her staff provide a respectful, supportive and comfortable place where we can discuss cases and I am very grateful for all of their hard work!

Forensic behavior and new advances in DNA and technology interest me the most in these cases.

I look forward to reading your posts on these cases and thank you for joining us!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! My name is Christin and I live in Kansas City. I’ve always been interested in unsolved cases/missing people/murders since I can remember. I really loved watching City Confidential when I was home sick from school.

I don’t have any one particular case interest that’s of note however, in 1989 my father was murdered in Oakland, Ca and the murder was never solved. I’ve reached out to the Oakland Police Department’s Cold Case Unit because if nothing else, I want to know what they do.

I can’t find a single document online aside from the general death records that indicate he’s no longer living.

Still haven’t heard back from OPD - I called them in August and they said they needed the files from storage and would call me in a week. I’ve called and emailed to no avail but was told the Officer is on special assignment and would get back to me when he could.

Anyway, happy to be here!

Have seen this site mentioned a few times online and always been curious. Just joined up yesterday and thought I'd introduce myself as this thread exists for that purpose.

My name's Peter, and I'm a British guy of around 50. I'm originally from Manchester, England but am now a long-term resident of Russia (a long story that I won't bore you with further).

Been interested in real-life crime since the mid/late-1970s, when a serial killer known as the Yorkshire Ripper was at large in the north of England. He was eventually convicted of 13 murders and seven attempted murders: two of the killings were in my home city, while several other murders and attacks happened in Bradford, a city 35 miles away where my grandparents lived (which also turned out to be where the killer was from). Even at that young age, I was just gruesomely fascinated by the way one lone man could absolutely terrify a swathe of England with a population of 10 million or more.

Since then, I've always read a huge number of true crime books and watched as many documentaries as I can. From browsing here already I have the impression that I'm very much a dilettante compared to some of the vastly knowledgeable posters, but I'm keen to take part as much as my free time away from family and work obligations allows.

I'm also a lawyer. Though I dabbled in criminal cases when younger and have researched issues to enable me to better understand matters I've read about, I specialized in corporate law. Still, I hope I can bring to bear some non-expert knowledge and analytical skill to make a valid contribution to at least some threads on here.

Be gentle with me, people. And, as Sgt. Phil Esterhaus (which definitely dates me!) used to say on Hill Street Blues: "Hey, let's be careful out there!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes