CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #32 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching the Dateline episode tonight that was the Venus Stewart feature that reaired tonight with the updated info from this past October once she was finally found and couldn't help but think of this case throughout.

There were many reasons, but one big one was that it also had an outsider (just one in that case in Ricky Spencer) who could have prevented Venus' death by alerting LE to the plan, combined with his role in trying to create Doug's alibi - some components of which we obviously have in this case also, in at least knowing at this point that a few people knew PF wanted KB dead, plus any other roles that may have been played.

I just hope that unlike with Venus, it isn't years after a trial before PF (or whomever else was involved) decide to finally do the right thing and let KB's parents / daughter / other family and friends all have a proper goodbye.

For those unfamiliar with the case either from WS/media, etc., here's an article:
How murdered mother Venus Stewart's body was finally found, 8 years later
And the person who helped with the alibi got one year in prison, which is a similar possibility in this case. IMO

I was thinking of this case when I was watching an episode about Venus Stewart murder last night. Her husband murdered her, but conspired with someone he knew online.

While husband was "convicted of first-degree premeditated murder and conspiracy to commit first-degree premeditated murder, his co-conspirator....

", June 16, 2011: Ricky Spencer pleads no contest to a felony manslaughter charge conspiracy to commit manslaughter) his role in Venus Stewart's disappearance and slaying.

Under terms of a plea agreement, St. Joseph County Prosecutor John McDonough was to recommend Spencer serve no more than one year in the St. Joseph County Jail."

One year plea deal done for his friend covering for him in the conspiracy. Hmmmmmm. He didn't even get prison time.

Thought it was interesting in light of this case about the plea deal. He got life without parole and his accomplice got one year.

8 years of waiting: From Venus Stewart's disappearance to finding her body

It appears that a lot of us saw the show, we should have had a viewing party together LOL

Last edited:
Ha Ha, “finishing school.”

I strongly suspect his mother was domineering and put at least some pressure on him to stay with her. No woman was ever going to be good enough for her son, and she didn’t want to share him anyway. The F family dynamics were dysfunctional as hell. Unfortunately, Kelsey paid the price.

PF certainly was not thinking of wedding plans as KB was purchasing her home. It speaks volumes that he allowed this complicated lie to unfold while she was obviously trying to make a life for herself and child.

It has been one month today since PF’s arrest. Although we know more now than that day, we are still in the dark as to motive. JMO, it goes back to the child and custody.
I have much more in the way of JMO, but to express such would break TOS, so ...
I feel LE has the all the answers and are making sure all evidence is admissible and indisputable (if there is such a thing).
I am on the fence about other possible arrests (because of deals), but MOO is that there are others involved besides PF, of course, and KK.

I do not think PF did this for his mom, but for himself.
Again, MOO.

My heart goes out to her family.

ETA last sentence.

Has is been verified that PF is not on birth certificate? I find that hard to believe, especially since LE left the baby in his care until the arrest.

We do not know but we do know the child's last name is B not F. He could be listed as the father or not but she obviously listed the legal last name as B. Smart girl.

Kelsey had it made, she had her home, her baby, two vehicles,her career so maybe she didn't care if they hooked up or not. Why in the heck didn't this guy move on with his life and do what he wanted to do, why kill her?! Is he a spoiled brat or what? At worse if he didn't want to babysit he could have told her and let her deal with it.

Maybe his mother did not want him to move out. I believe she lives there alone. She is attached to that baby hence her wanting partial custody and I don't blame her, she has been helping take care of her.

I am giving PF's mom a pass as an obsessed grandmother. She has raised a good-sized family and had a career. I think she probably loves the child but is in her best of retirement years. Also, I don't make much of PF living on that large property. It is where he worked. It was convenient. He is not obsessed. I think KB did not want to live out-of-wedlock or have implied rights by him living with her. I think her religious faith had a lot to do with this if you read her social posts.

I am giving PF's mom a pass as an obsessed grandmother. She has raised a good-sized family and had a career. I think she probably loves the child but is in her best of retirement years. Also, I don't make much of PF living on that large property. It is where he worked. It was convenient. He is not obsessed. I think KB did not want to live out-of-wedlock or have implied rights by him living with her. I think her religious faith had a lot to do with this if you read her social posts.
I think you could say he shared a house with his mother but not taken care of by her.

No tomatoes, lol. None of us know what happened. Or when, where & why. All we know is she talked with her mom Thursday & P picked the baby up. Other details are “likely & “perhaps”.

I think she drove, personally. In a borrowed car.
It ain’t cheap to operate a small craft.
Plus, then she would have had to get a rental, IMO.
I do wonder about her phone between Thanksgiving & the Doss text. What time did her phone go silent, on what date, etc? Did KB use her phone after speaking with her mom? We have no idea.
I really believe she expected P around 1:00 & raced to the store for a couple of baby items, before P’s arrival.

Do you think he killed her around one, when the neighbor saw two red trucks there? Idk. He could have taken child to his the ranchette & returned. That’s why I’d like to know if she used the phone, after talking with CB. LE won’t say because we don’t need to know.

I’ve wondered IF it might be possible that this wasn’t planned on the day that it happened. I wondered if possibly KB had decided to keep the baby for the holidays and take her to go visit her grandmother - which infuriated PF.
I suppose she could have told him that earlier - and he put in a call to KK insisting they must do it that weekend - and - thinking KB would have told others she was going to visit grandmother in Idaho - PF imagined it was the “perfect” plan and time to murder her.
I still believe KB’s independence - buying her home, reducing time he got the baby, and other things are what caused PF to decide she needed to be out of the picture.
In the beginning of relationship and during pregnancy she was probably much more subservient to his directions - but slowly but surely her confidence built and PF HATED that... He expects people to do what he says and how he says to do it. Watch him training his dogs ... that’s what he EXPECTS from his dogs and the women in his life. JMO.

I don’t think PF will ever implicate himself by talking. I think, even if convicted, he will be convinced that he can win an appeal and be exonerated. He won’t give up hope until all appeals are exhausted. Perhaps, MAYBE he’d talk then. MAYBE. This is all JMO, of course.

i view PF's mom as someone who was willing to care for her grandchild in an expanded way. it appears to me that she was either the second most involved person in the care for the child and possibly the most involved. the way i see it if PF was working at all the trades and duties he was reportedly responsible for he would not of had enough time left for the physical care of the child. i see him as mostly a transportation provider, picking up-dropping off type. both PF and KB were imo fortunate to have PF's mom. many grandmothers i have known in my life are happy with caring for short visits but for continuous long-term hold a view of , "i've raised x number of children and i don't want to commit to raising grandchildren, sorry" i fully understand that viewpoint.

Kelsey had it made, she had her home, her baby, two vehicles,her career so maybe she didn't care if they hooked up or not. Why in the heck didn't this guy move on with his life and do what he wanted to do, why kill her?! Is he a spoiled brat or what? At worse if he didn't want to babysit he could have told her and let her deal with it.
I'll preface this by saying, "Yes, I know, PF has not been formally diagnosed as a narc." Neither was CW. This is MOO.

Narcs CAN'T move on. Whatever the stakes are, custody, control, money, THEY must win, AT ALL COST. Sad but true. Not all narcs will murder but they WILL try to destroy you, either financially, emotionally, physically OR all three. AND, even if you come to your senses, find the courage to break free, they are NOT finished with you. Their behaviour is pathological.

Sometimes, on the flip side, are the victims that KNOW their life in in jeopardy (I don't feel KB knew), feel they have 'no way out' and they will murder the narc out of desperation. These poor souls will end up in prison too, because the narc has created myriads of "flying monkeys" that will be only too happy to tell everyone what a wonderful person the narc is and that the killer was crazy. Why? because the narc told them he/she was insane. Oh my, who told KK that KB was crazy and he was afraid she was going to harm baby K? Stupid question :)

I'll preface this by saying, "Yes, I know, PF has not been formally diagnosed as a narc." Neither was CW. This is MOO.

Narcs CAN'T move on. Whatever the stakes are, custody, control, money, THEY must win, AT ALL COST. Sad but true. Not all narcs will murder but they WILL try to destroy you, either financially, emotionally, physically OR all three. AND, even if you come to your senses, find the courage to break free, they are NOT finished with you. Their behaviour is pathological.

Sometimes, on the flip side, are the victims that KNOW their life in in jeopardy (I don't feel KB knew), feel they have 'no way out' and they will murder the narc out of desperation. These poor souls will end up in prison too, because the narc has created myriads of "flying monkeys" that will be only too happy to tell everyone what a wonderful person the narc is and that the killer was crazy. Why? because the narc told them he/she was insane. Oh my, who told KK that KB was crazy and he was afraid she was going to harm baby K? Stupid question :)
I agree... that is IT in a nutshell!
The QUOTE, “If narcs can’t control you, they WILL control how others see you,” fits PF to a T, IMO.
I also agree with DKRYDER, I think grandmother was primary caretaker of baby ... I think PF took her with him on visits to friends for sympathy and the opportunity to spread his LIES about KB not being a good mother and her taking off ALL the time - and to those he visited - it truly appeared that way and they believed his lies.
I think PF controlled everyone around him - every female for sure - I think he’s a master manipulator. I’m not giving KK a free pass - she’s either very insecure or very evil ... I haven’t decided which, yet. JMO. Moo.

You may very well be right. Hopefully, we'll find out what PF's motive was at trial.

One thing I will say: I'd rather take up permanent residence at 112 Ocean Ave., Amityville, NY, than to spend one single night under the roof of the F's ranchette.

Somethin' ain't right there, IMO.

There's a reason the court placed Baby K with KB's parents vs. with PF's mother at the ranchette.
"GET OUUUUUUT! But the only other place I have to stay is the Ranchet. " Okaaaay You can stay"

I agree... that is IT in a nutshell!
The QUOTE, “If narcs can’t control you, they WILL control how others see you,” fits PF to a T, IMO.
I also agree with DKRYDER, I think grandmother was primary caretaker of baby ... I think PF took her with him on visits to friends for sympathy and the opportunity to spread his LIES about KB not being a good mother and her taking off ALL the time - and to those he visited - it truly appeared that way and they believed his lies.
I think PF controlled everyone around him - every female for sure - I think he’s a master manipulator. I’m not giving KK a free pass - she’s either very insecure or very evil ... I haven’t decided which, yet. JMO. Moo.
Thank you @vaporlass for completing my thoughts! Agree 100%.
ed:sp

If we think back to the early days of KB missing we didn't know if this could be a possible suicide, missing person due to an accident, homicide, etc. A very powerful video was released about the stats involving male-related incidents. I think it helps to keep these types of losses in perspective. Male deaths are more prevalent. It is just a powerful reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member