Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

I listen to NG podcast and I hear “mistakes” all the time BUT after listening to this one I’m not sure I will listen anymore ... so much wrong information - it was irritating! Doesn’t she know she should read WEBSLEUTHS before she does a podcast if she wants good information???? If any of us say anything wrong - a member or a mod will correct us quickly and delete bad info... it’s a shame these podcasters don’t have the same kind of integrity and determination to get correct information. #RantOver JMO.
With all due respect, and thanks for the bonus points for Websleuthers, the man NG interviewed, who made all those controversial statements, was the head of Cajun Search group, who had been in town for a week+ leading the search for Emily. He also was well connected and supported by family and community while in town. Hard to throw him under the bus for giving bad info. JMO

There have been a few times when I have taken a chance and driven into water I had no idea how high it was! It happens.
Look at all those flooded cars when there's a hurricane and the streets are flooded.
Btw she didn't seem to have a very good phone. I think she just texted with it. So theres that! No GPS and heck maybe she didn't even have an idea where she was to tell somebody if she could get a text off way out there.!

There have been a few times when I have taken a chance and driven into water I had no idea how high it was! It happens.
Look at all those flooded cars when there's a hurricane and the streets are flooded.
Btw she didn't seem to have a very good phone. I think she just texted with it. So theres that! No GPS and heck maybe she didn't even have an idea where she was to tell somebody if she could get a text off way out there.!

Maybe not have had any service. Might be the reason it showed it was shut off. I don't know much about flip phones. I had one many years ago and I think they still make them, but not very popular, and I don't know anybody that has one anymore.

I too have been guilty of driving into water and low water crossings, but always in a truck with 4 wheel drive. I would not do it in a car at all at night with no one else around.

I listen to NG podcast and I hear “mistakes” all the time BUT after listening to this one I’m not sure I will listen anymore ... so much wrong information - it was irritating! Doesn’t she know she should read WEBSLEUTHS before she does a podcast if she wants good information???? If any of us say anything wrong - a member or a mod will correct us quickly and delete bad info... it’s a shame these podcasters don’t have the same kind of integrity and determination to get correct information. #RantOver JMO.
So true! And what she and body language expert did to the pig farmer this summer when the young woman went missing. Infuriating. Even if she does a lot of good, that doesn’t give her free rein over everyone else to say whatever she wants.

With all due respect, and thanks for the bonus points for Websleuthers, the man NG interviewed, who made all those controversial statements, was the head of Cajun Search group, who had been in town for a week+ leading the search for Emily. He also was well connected and supported by family and community while in town. Hard to throw him under the bus for giving bad info. JMO
Oh nevermind. Delete

Maybe he saw something that he can't talk about due to an investigation?

As far as Nancy Grace goes- she's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. People love her when they agree with her, hate her when they don't. She has kept more missing people in the spot light than any other person in the media. I've seen her have guests on that she clearly didn't agree with but she gave them their say, know what I mean? It's not one sided, regardless of her opinion. She dedicates her life to this, there's a lot of good in that woman.

I totally agree with you, Steelslady, Nancy Grace is and always has been passionate in what she does, her heart is in the right place in her mission to bring justice for victims.
I’m all for calling out Twitter though, it’s like Tourette’s Syndrome on Steroids. Ban Twitter. and our world will be a better place. JMO

Did you watch Gray Hughes (I think that’s his name...) video about this? It’s back a few pages in the thread. He shows exactly what the bridge looks like both with no water on it and it completely covered in water. It has no true sides. It would be soo easy to go right over it. If the water was as high as they say, the bridge isn’t even vaguely visible. The car would be too deep in water to drive through, turn around or stop. It’s pretty creepy looking. I have no idea why she was on that road. Gray mentioned that perhaps they had a few beers or smoked a little. (There is NO EVIDENCE of that at this time, just a theory only.) She may have gotten a little turned around like that. I just don’t see it. The road is crappy and I don’t see how she’d have thought that was right, seeing as she didn’t come in on such a road. Obviously, it’s a possibility, but it seems so strange to me. This is JMO, of course.
*edit, spelling...ugh

This. Because the bridge has such little markings/ low height/ low side barriers, I believe the car could have floated into the water, and she could have gotten out somehow but still drowned due to disorientation or the swiftness of the water flow. Also, it's been cold here, and she may have experienced shock and hypothermia while trying to extricate herself and swim to safety.

I related the way many area small creeks and ponds, lakes, you name it have claimed lives in the missing forum about William " Bill" Moore, who was a neighbor of ours. It's hard to believe the water in Texas rises so fast so quickly but it can and does. People literally drive right into raging water which has no outlet.. I think at this point, that's what happened to Emily.
His truck and remains were submerged for about 5 years before it was found, so her vehicle may not be found for a while, or not found where they believe it should be. Bodies of those who drowned outside their vehicle will usually rise to the surface, but cars won't. Sad and tragic outcome all the way around.
Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends.

Body Of Missing Ennis Mother Found In Creek Bed Positively Identified
Ellis County Justice of the Peace in Precinct 1, Chris Macon, confirmed Wednesday, the body of missing Ennis mother Emily Wade has been positively identified.

Her death was ruled accident as there was no trauma or evidence of foul play. Search volunteers found a body in a creek bed.

Wade had told her mother she was going to meet a friend for food and drinks at his house that evening. But Wade, who was driving her mother’s car, never returned to their Ennis apartment.

Police said the creek bed was known to be flooding the night Wade went missing.

Police believe Wade was trying to drive home, but made an errant turn, leading her down Ensign Road. Jared Jones, the father of Wade’s daughter, said Tuesday he believes she got lost on a dark, rainy night.

“I think that’s probably what happened. She doesn’t know the roads around here. I’ve seen that road so many times, you see the water, but don’t realize how deep it is. If she tried to cross it, the current runs hard through there,” he said.

Marie Saavedra, wfaaChanel8, tweeted this picture of Chambers Road and wrote: "Keep driving down this dirt road and you’ll hit Chambers Creek, where the body believed to be missing Ennis mom Emily Wade was found. Police say water was high the night she disappeared and it still is. "

Looking at this and other photos Websleuthers have provided, I can see how easy it would be to drive into the creek on a moonless night.

I'm not sure why Emily took that route home, but she may have realized she made a wrong turn and just continued on the longer path home. I've done that many times myself (since I'm someone who fits the description of "not being able to find her way out of a paper bag.").

It had to be terrifying for Emily to suddenly find herself in all that water. :(

Attachments

• The road.JPG
    The road.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 60
Our Point of View – Tragedy Reveals Community Spirit | Ennis Daily News
It is an amazing thing to watch a city come together. Usually such fervor and energy is spent on much less important things. This time, though, it was important. We had a daughter missing, a young mother whose own daughter was asking for her to come home. It did not matter her status in the community. We had to find her.

Once reported as missing, the police department leaped into work searching for those who had seen her last – also talking to friends and co-workers who might have heard her talk about leaving. None of them believed she had just “up and left.”

Would you be able to see that in pitch dark? I seriously don’t know. VERY curious what the autopsy results will be!
I would think if I came upon a bridge with no visible sides that was covered by water ... I would be looking very intently for a turn around ... definitely backing up and terrified of crossing it - especially when I knew I had NOT crossed it on the way to my friends house.
I’m going to be surprised and upset if autopsy reveals that EW drowned ... but I’m going by what I believe I would do in similar circumstances and I’m almost twenty years older than her.

OT but yesterday I had to make a sudden turn due to a road closure for a burst water line and ended up going in a circle of confusion for a while before figuring out where I was...in broad daylight 1/4 mile from my apartment.

I just heard on our local CBS affiliate TV station that Emily's family is holding a large Appreciation and Thank You gathering and dinner for all the emergency responders and searchers for her.
I'm so sorry that I don't have the info in print yet, so I don't know, but THINK it's open to the community/ area.

This is a truly brave, upstanding family right there, and very brave to be able to do this so soon. They will hurt, and heal, together. God bless Texas!

Last edited:
OT but yesterday I had to make a sudden turn due to a road closure for a burst water line and ended up going in a circle of confusion for a while before figuring out where I was...in broad daylight 1/4 mile from my apartment.

I know early on, Cluciano63, you were quite sure this was a case of a rapidly rising river that Emily didn't realize she was driving into. More and more, it's looking like that is exactly what happened.

Would she possibly have encountered other flooded roadways or even closed roads that caused her to turn around/don't drown and find another route home?
In the attached photos from Google Earth - you can see there ARE two roads that could get you to the Chambers Creek Bridge Crossing.
In the photos - Slama Rd which is where I was told the coworker lived - leads to CR NW 0150 - and there is a bridge and a small creek that would have to be crossed to get you back to Ensign Rd.
The road looks dirt and there is standing water by this CR NW 0150 - it seems “impossible” that she took that route but if she did I think she would have had to turn around - due to muddy roads and water - which may have made her more anxious and in a hurry to get home, in other words - maybe more careless and desperate if Mom was expecting her back at a certain time?
The other route - 1183 - would lead back to Ensign Road and if she took a left rather than a right - she would have ended up at the Bridge. Ensign Road is much higher elevation it appears until you reach that bridge and it looks very steep - downhill - to cross it.

Attachments

• 51046FF4-0F04-40C9-B70D-F46E70F51FBE.jpeg
    51046FF4-0F04-40C9-B70D-F46E70F51FBE.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 42A97E80-E2B8-470E-AD59-312B87321D53.jpeg
    42A97E80-E2B8-470E-AD59-312B87321D53.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 29
  • ED430B17-842B-48A9-A59C-9007997230B7.jpeg
    ED430B17-842B-48A9-A59C-9007997230B7.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 6C7E9DAF-6D62-41B6-96E3-4CC7A5636A8C.jpeg
    6C7E9DAF-6D62-41B6-96E3-4CC7A5636A8C.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 25
BBM

The historical weather data from 3 different weather stations surrounding Ennis show no precipitation on Saturday- daytime or night, on January 5th.
Campbell-Corsicana Municipal, TX History | Weather Underground

I have also attached images of rainfall totals for the US covering that Saturday and Sunday Jan. 5 and 6th, 7AM - 7AM. The 7AM time is confusing, but the maps of the two days do span Saturday night. No measurable precipitation is seen near Ennis on either map.
Total 24-Hour Precipitation

Also 24 hr weather radar does not show precipitation in Ennis on January 5th.
Image Archive

Some of the better weather tools appear down due to the gov shutdown.

Was there really "bad weather" as noted? Were they remembering Saturday night accurately, since they probably weren't thinking of a car in a creek early on? I'm confused.

It only matters because if there really was a driving rain night, the likelihood of Emily not seeing the signs or flooded bridge go way up. It is was dry, then...
Thank you! I’ve been looking for this information... some said it was raining, others said No Rain ... and even though I know it can be raining on one side of town and not the other, I thought it was dry that evening and the day before.
I did check for the week of Jan 23 and the week of Jan 30 ... it said there was approximately 2 inches each week leading up to Jan 5.
Jan 2 and 3 had precipitation. It’s my understanding that the WATER RISE occurs much more dramatically AFTER the rainfall? Not necessarily during the rainfall. Either way, the photos I’ve seen show how high the water is NOW but I wish we had photos of that day/night specifically.

I just heard on our local CBS affiliate TV station that Emily's family is holding a large Appreciation and Thank You gathering and dinner for all the emergency responders and searchers for her.
I'm so sorry that I don't have the info in print yet, so I don't know, but THINK it's open to the community/ area.

This is a truly brave, upstanding family right there, and very brave to be able to do this so soon. They will hurt, and heal, together. God bless Texas!
This one? It doesn't mention a dinner so I don't know if they're the same event or not. It's very thoughtful of her family to do this considering what they're going through right now. Bless their hearts.
MOO
Vigil planned for missing Ennis woman found dead
Friends and community members will gather on Thursday to honor an Ennis mother whose body was finally found this week after a two-week search.

A memorial service/ vigil is planned for 38-year old Emily Wade at First Presbyterian Church in Ennis at 7 p.m. After the service, they will release sky lanterns in her honor.

I would think if I came upon a bridge with no visible sides that was covered by water ... I would be looking very intently for a turn around ... definitely backing up and terrified of crossing it - especially when I knew I had NOT crossed it on the way to my friends house.
I’m going to be surprised and upset if autopsy reveals that EW drowned ... but I’m going by what I believe I would do in similar circumstances and I’m almost twenty years older than her.

It has been said, even by her family, that she might not have been entirely alert at the time her car went into the water.
Her death has every appearance to most people at this point in time of being connected to the types of flooding and almost hidden flood waters at night that you know we see or hear about in Texas fairly often, and without foul play. This could change, but it is not being reported as a suspicious death at this time, but as a tragic accident by news reporters in N. Texas.

You seem to suspect foul play rather strongly, if I'm reading correctly. What do you think happened to her and do you have a reason for thinking it wasn't a tragic misjudgment and lack of seeing the wall of water she likely drove into? Maybe we're missing something you know or suspect.
I know we all want to know the truth and care about those left behind who love Emily and grieve for her.

Honestly, I don't see how she would have even recognized that there was a bridge there. Especially in the dark. :(
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back