Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
It reminded me of an interview Ted Bundy did before his execution. He mentions what killers and rapists would avoid confessing to, like young victims. I wonder if Patterson was looking for a girl to kidnap. He might have driven around her neighborhood, hung out by schools. I could be wrong but I don't believe you just wake up one day, see some girl getting off a bus and take her. He had to have been thinking about it. He went to her house about 2 other times and for one reason or another he changed his mind before that night. He is a predator.
I think he was planning and thinking about taking a young girl. It’s the way he said something to the effect, “I knew she was the one I was going to take”. A predator looking for just the right prey. IMO.

I think he was planning and thinking about taking a young girl. It’s the way he said something to the effect, “I knew she was the one I was going to take”. A predator looking for just the right prey. IMO.

Yes, that’s pretty much what he said.

Someone posted here earlier (I like to give the proper poster kudos but can’t remember who it was... all of you long timers here do a good job) but I want to bring it up again what that poster pointed out, in case there is any lingering confusion.

No matter which direction he was headed along that road in front of the house, when the school bus pulls down the stop sign, both lanes are required to stop.

I mention that to say if he wasn’t directly behind the bus, he would still have to stop if going the opposite direction.

I think JP’s account of where he first saw her is probably true.

Why he wanted to take a young girl is still up in the air, though.

Someone posted here earlier (I like to give the proper poster kudos but can’t remember who it was... all of you long timers here do a good job) but I want to bring it up again what that poster pointed out, in case there is any lingering confusion.

No matter which direction he was headed along that road in front of the house, when the school bus pulls down the stop sign, both lanes are required to stop.

I mention that to say if he wasn’t directly behind the bus, he would still have to stop if going the opposite direction.

I was one that thought the bus and JP were probably headed west. I know that cars are supposed to stop both ways to permit a student walking across the street. It's still exceedingly dangerous and unnecessary, which is why I don't think it happened that way.

I agree. It’s like that here too. Stopping on the other side in the opposite lane and / or stopping behind the bus. You get a view of the kids getting off and on. As a mom, I’m very aware/sensitive of the bus stop “exposure”. When I read how he chose and discovered Jamie, it was both heart-wrenching and frightening.

I agree. It’s like that here too. Stopping on the other side in the opposite lane and / or stopping behind the bus. You get a view of the kids getting off and on. As a mom, I’m very aware/sensitive of the bus stop “exposure”. When I read how he chose and discovered Jamie, it was both heart-wrenching and frightening.

I know! It took us some long time sleuthing and help from fellow posters here to understand the change in schools, and why she went to the other school before. She did catch the bus from her house, so went back to her districted school. In hindsight, it really doesn’t mean a lot, other than catching the bus was where an idea popped into the JP’s head.

Interesting idea.
Curious what LE and the Prosecutors think about this idea?
If the structure is demolished, who will own the land?
Whoever buys the house buys the land.

I really think it’s too soon for people to be discussing such a thing. They need to give Jayme time to process everything before jumping to the conclusion that demolishing the home is something she would want.

Most sources say his dad moved out after he paid off the house, or around the time Patterson went to boot camp. At least by the time he finished high school, anyway. Imo
I thought Dad paid off the house just 3-4 months ago?

ETA picture of the basement view of a washer. Sorry.
8486718-6588161-A_number_of_coats_are_seen_hanging_from_hangers_on_the_wall_on_t-a-65_1547458917713.jpg
This looks like a dryer to me, with the door sitting open. These folks don't seem like the type to have a front-loader. Is there something else I'm missing that pegs it as a washer?

I was one that thought the bus and JP were probably headed west. I know that cars are supposed to stop both ways to permit a student walking across the street. It's still exceedingly dangerous and unnecessary, which is why I don't think it happened that way.

I agree, especially on a busy road like this one. (And thanks for sharing the info about school bus stops).

A man is seeking to buy & demolish the Closs home to get rid of the bad memories.
Man seeks to demolish home; Site of double homicide

ETA: This link is just the words and a single picture, I didn't realize that it was hidden behind a pay wall. Sorry!
Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

wow. good intentions. and maybe jayme never wants to see it again. but in the same breath, who knows. she may in time want to walk through or go there. there had to be tons of good memories versus this one. no expert and who can know, i don't know, but there is no rush is there? give her time to process... not up to us, just based on when you are in the midst of grief and shock (and that is putting it lightly) maybe no one should be rushing decisions for you... jmho...

And he probably would have seen her the best if he was going in the opposite direction and she had to cross the road in front of him.

Whoever buys the house buys the land.

I really think it’s too soon for people to be discussing such a thing. They need to give Jayme time to process everything before jumping to the conclusion that demolishing the home is something she would want.

I know this guy means well. It was a horrible scene, and evidence of the crime, especially understanding the amount of blood shed and carnage would make sense to just get rid of it. On the other hand, there are plenty of keepsakes and memories that over time, Jayme may want to revisit and keep some of. That should not be hurried. IMO.

Maybe it's a half-wall. Like with a planter, or shelving above, just a slight visual separator between the living room and entranceway. Like this - very midcentury.
15a83aab4752ebbabce1fbc34fa4fbb7--half-wall-kitchen-kitchen-paint.jpg

hmm that would work and make sense. kind of what i was thinking like even a short full wall for a front closet slightly to the west of the front door, etc. partially coming out.

I know this guy means well. It was a horrible scene, and evidence of the crime, especially understanding the amount of blood shed and carnage would make sense to just get rid of it. On the other hand, there are plenty of keepsakes and memories that over time, Jayme may want to revisit and keep some of. That should not be hurried. IMO.
I really think the public in general has done and/or suggested some pretty over the top stuff in the name of “helping” her. I’ve never seen anything like it. It creeps me out sometimes. They need to leave this girl alone and quit trying to steer her recovery. I have a feeling someday we will hear that the well-intentioned gifts, celebrations, visits in weird Christmas cars, etc actually stressed her out.

I thought Dad paid off the house just 3-4 months ago?

This looks like a dryer to me, with the door sitting open. These folks don't seem like the type to have a front-loader. Is there something else I'm missing that pegs it as a washer?

In October.

Hm, you're right, it does look more like a dryer. All that pegs it as a washer is that's what it said on the MSM page where I got it, and I didn't examine the thought critically. I saw it as a glass door so washer... but you're right a dryer with an open door would work too.
So, if there's a dryer, in the basement, that may or may not work, what do we think is in the blue room?

I agree. Not our decision but they say do not rush in the midst of grief, even well meaning friends can encourage some things. What is the rush? jmho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member