Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever buys the house buys the land.

I really think it’s too soon for people to be discussing such a thing. They need to give Jayme time to process everything before jumping to the conclusion that demolishing the home is something she would want.

True, but the suggestion is to purchase it with fundraising money.

Has it been confirmed that his father was supporting him to that extent?

Not from what I can tell, but the circumstances of dad paying off the mortgage (@kkdj, please chime in), letting his son live there, and no apparent longtime job for JP seems to me support, at the very least, circumstantial evidence someone was footing his living expenses. It’s all so strange, but for dad to be living it, that’s his reality. I am trying hard to not judge, because I also don’t see any evidence he had any knowledge or understanding of what his son was up to.

I really think the public in general has done and/or suggested some pretty over the top stuff in the name of “helping” her. I’ve never seen anything like it. It creeps me out sometimes. They need to leave this girl alone and quit trying to steer her recovery. I have a feeling someday we will hear that the well-intentioned gifts, celebrations, visits in weird Christmas cars, etc actually stressed her out.

I agree. Knowing she has support probably is helpful but every stranger in the entire US sending something to her or coming near it I would not be so sure about....

Whoever buys the house buys the land.

I really think it’s too soon for people to be discussing such a thing. They need to give Jayme time to process everything before jumping to the conclusion that demolishing the home is something she would want.
I so agree. Jayme & her family had years of good memories in that house too. I would not want to make that decision so fast if it were me. And wouldn’t you secure the family’s approval first BEFORE you go posing the idea to MSM? These people need to back off & give the family room to breathe through all that has happened.

Can I ask where we’re going with the washer/dryer discussion? I feel like I’ve missed something pertinent to the case.

I am not even sure that pic came from the Patterson Retreat. I prob missed a story.

Oh! I did see that article when it was first published, but didn’t pay attention to that particular pic, and yes, that looks like a front loading washing machine.

I also wonder about the bed with the pikachu looking fat white stuffed animal- that kind of looks like current stuffed animals for sale along side sparkly and pinky colored clothes in stores like Justice. I was at the mall a couple of days ago. :confused:

Pikachu as been around for a long time, but those new plushies seem to be a new craze. Just wondering.

Not from what I can tell, but the circumstances of dad paying off the mortgage (@kkdj, please chime in), letting his son live there, and no apparent longtime job for JP seems to me support, at the very least, circumstantial evidence someone was footing his living expenses. It’s all so strange, but for dad to be living it, that’s his reality. I am trying hard to not judge, because I also don’t see any evidence he had any knowledge or understanding of what his son was up to.
Yes, his Dd payed of the mtg just days after JP brought Jayme there.
Whilst I think his dad was probably letting him live there for free I also think he was doing odd jobs for homeowners. I have no proof of that but it's what makes sense. Otherwise I can't imagine his family not being on him all the time.

Whilst I think his dad was probably letting him live there for free I also think he was doing odd jobs for homeowners. I have no proof of that but it's what makes sense. Otherwise I can't imagine his family not being on him all the time.

I think there are some mentions of odd jobs in the media. So hard to keep track of everything.

This is the first case that I know of where all the details of what happened weren’t immediately released. I’m wondering if it’s because Jayme didn’t tell everything yet, LE purposefully is doing so to give her space to heal or possibly nothing beyond fear & physical abuse happened (I hope)?

Do any of you think withholding this info from the public is a good thing? Would releasing it be beneficial in any way to the victim? I would think this would make someone more vulnerable. I’m not sure it would help at all with their healing. They probably just want to live privately and be at peace.

I also wonder if all this “hero” and “smiling” stuff is a good thing for Jayme. Seems like a lot of pressure to put on her.

Oh! I did see that article when it was first published, but didn’t pay attention to that particular pic, and yes, that looks like a front loading washing machine.

I also wonder about the bed with the pikachu looking fat white stuffed animal- that kind of looks like current stuffed animals for sale along side sparkly and pinky colored clothes in stores like Justice. I was at the mall a couple of days ago. :confused:

Pikachu as been around for a long time, but those new plushies seem to be a new craze. Just wondering.

ETA, it’s on the dryer side where most people have the washer on the the left hand side, so... sorry! Rethinking and it’s prob a dryer. :mad: Why I am even thinking about that?

Yes, we still don't know where those pictures cane from or how old they are. Some assume they may be of the sisters room when she lived there. It obviously is not Patterson's room with the bed he made her stay under. Imo

A man is seeking to buy & demolish the Closs home to get rid of the bad memories.
Man seeks to demolish home; Site of double homicide

ETA: This link is just the words and a single picture, I didn't realize that it was hidden behind a pay wall. Sorry!
Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

I have really mixed emotions about this house being demolished. Although it certainly is a reminder of a horrible night when Jayme's parents were killed and she was taken captive it is also the place that Jayme lived with her loving parents and shared countless loving and memorable times. I think this is a guy with a knee jerk reaction, and I get where he is coming from, but I think Jayme needs a lot of time to process events and come to terms with the events of that night and it may take her years and extensive therapy to do so. I think this should be a decision Jayme should make down the road. I do believe she will heal eventually and should be the one to determine what should happen with the family home. It is not like the decision has to be made now and I also don't think that demolishing the family home at this point is going to do anything to fast forward Jayme's healing. MOO

This is the first case that I know of where all the details of what happened weren’t immediately released. I’m wondering if it’s because Jayme didn’t tell everything yet, LE purposefully is doing so to give her space to heal or possibly nothing beyond fear & physical abuse happened (I hope)?

Do any of you think withholding this info from the public is a good thing? Would releasing it be beneficial in any way to the victim? I would think this would make someone more vulnerable. I’m not sure it would help at all with their healing. They probably just want to live privately and be at peace.

I also wonder if all this “hero” and “smiling” stuff is a good thing for Jayme. Seems like a lot of pressure to put on her.

Do you mean the evidence before Jayme was found? If so, I would say it was to preserve some evidence for the killer to substantiate as evidence. And Jayme, too.

After she was found. I think that is to protect her story. As far as her smiling, who knows? She may have been responding to a cue from the photographer... maybe she is so happy to be with her aunts and cousins.

Yes, we still don't know where those pictures cane from or how old they are. Some assume they may be of the sisters room when she lived there. It obviously is not Patterson's room with the bed he made her stay under. Imo

I kind of think the pictures *may* have been taken through the windows by over zealous reporters, and I get what you are saying those items may have been relics from when JP’s sister lived there.

Re: the odd jobs JP was supposedly doing.....Have you heard a quote from a single person he worked for? Wouldn't you think the media had pretty much interviewed all of the limited number of people living in that town? Even the people who lived on the street said they didn't recognize him. I think the dude was snuggled in reading and smoking and not out hustling to clean gutters! (Maybe he was washing clothes in the plethora of machines people have identified!) MOO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member