Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got in the vehicle and locked the doors. He started banging on the glass, demanding I get out of the vehicle, hard enough I thought the glass would break. Based on his pupils I'm pretty sure he was high. I drew my firearm where he could see it and he immediately ran off. The gas station owner had already called the police. They didn't catch him, but it made me glad I'm overly aware of what is going on around me.

That would have been one of the most frightening experiences I would've her had but like you I would have been well prepared as well. I am armed every time I leave home, regardless of who I am with or where I am going.

Good for you for being prepared and confident enough to pull your weapon! :)

IMO, it's unfortunate that too many women don't, for whatever reasons, prepare themselves for the potential dangers most face throughout every single day. If more women did, perhaps we wouldn't even need a WS forum. :D

Why though? For real, honest question. Maybe I cant fathom just leaving your car unlocked. To me thats like walking around holding out 100 dollar bills in your hands. Common sense says dont do that.

This seems way too personal to be a rare carjacking with her in the car

Many do still leave their car unlocked if they are going to be right back. I've even seen them leave the engine running while they quickly go inside of a store to buy maybe a soft drink.

No longer do these type of horrid crimes have to be personal, and imo, when and if the suspect or suspects are caught, they will have no personal connection to this poor victim. They are occurring at all times of day even in broad daylight like in this case.

I do think she most likely did lock her doors, but the suspects were watching her, and when she either got out or returned to her vehicle they were close by, and immediately forced entry which would make her completely caught off guard. Forcing entry doesn't take but seconds.

I think it will become like many other cases we are seeing recently where total strangers are doing unbelievable overkills, and going to extreme demonic measures in order to destroy all of the evidence including destroying the evidence they knew they had left on the victim.

This is one of the most heartbreaking cases I've seen lately.

This woman was so loved by her entire family and friends. She had such a beautiful happy life, and such a great future ahead of her.

Another very good person who had the worst happen to them when they crossed paths with pure evil.

I continue to pray for all who's lives have been shattered forever from their tremendous loss.

Imo

Rest peacefully, Mrs. Ryan. My condolences to her family, friends, associates, and current/former students. This woman throughout her life undoubtedly influenced hundreds and hundreds of lives by dedicating her knowledge, talents, and passion to educating others. She certainly did not deserve to leave this world in that manner regardless of what this investigation will reveal.

My prayers to all.

Rest peacefully, Mrs. Ryan. My condolences to her family, friends, associates, and current/former students. This woman throughout her life undoubtedly influenced hundreds and hundreds of lives by dedicating her knowledge, talents, and passion to educating others. She certainly did not deserve to leave this world in that manner regardless of what this investigation will reveal.

My prayers to all.

Thank you, YaYa for your lovely heartfelt post.

It expresses how I feel as well ,and I'm sure it does for others.

Such a beautiful bright light gone way too soon, but she will never be forgotten.

She made her positive mark on so many, and those will remain.

These horrid murderer/s will never able to take all of the wonderful memories, and all the positive impact she has made.

It does make me furious knowing taking her life wasn't enough for them. They also inflicted such unimaginable trauma on all of her loving family, and friends by burning her body.

The one thing I don't want to ever believe is she may have been alive when the fire was set. I pray she wasn't. I really do.

Imo

Well obviously she was far away from her destination so somebody got her! I think it was a gang member. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Could it not have been some type of accident? I don;t think we know enough right to say.

I would entertain this idea more if her car had been found on the highway, alongside her regular route. How could there have been an accident/explosion & somehow, she drove off her regular route & happened to find an isolated driveway hidden amongst forest to pull into, hours after she was supposed to meet family? It doesn’t seem very plausible.

It also depends on where in the car her body was found. Was her body in the driver’s seat? Passenger seat? Back seat? Trunk? Was she restrained in any way? Were there injuries to the remains not due to fire? Her cause & manner of death haven’t been released.

Where in the car did the fire originate? Was accelerant used? This would clearly indicate the fire had been deliberately set. I’m sure the fire department has a hunch from working on the scene of the fire.

I am so supremely saddened & disturbed by this case. Not only was Ms. Ryan a longtime teacher, but at least two of her three sons, as well as a daughter in law, are teachers & sports coaches. The devastation extends beyond her family, beyond her students, to the students & athletes of her children, many of whom may not have even met her. They are all well-loved, positive forces in the lives of many, & the community feels (only 1/10000000th, I’m sure, as I can’t even begin to imagine) their pain. And, what of her little grandkids, who were excited to give her a birthday cake for her birthday that would have been Monday, two days after the crime? What of the people whose driveway it was, total strangers whose land is now stained with the trauma that happened there? My heart hurts for everyone.

I have faith the police know more than we do & are working hard to bring earthly justice, assuming justice is a factor here. And, I’m convinced it is.

Wild wild speculation here- was there anyone that got kicked off the team recently for whatever reason- bad grades, trouble in school, etc. Or was someone cut from the team who felt that they should be on the team?

You mean the teams her adult children coached? She wasn’t a coach herself (that we know of).

Could it not have been some type of accident? I don;t think we know enough right to say.

BBM

Yes, it absolutely could have been an accident, suicide, murder, or some other phenomenon that we on Earth have never encountered until now, and, quite frankly we may never know. My point is that IMO...MY opinion this will not be an accident or a suicide or an unknown, and most likely impossible, new phenomenon. Too many things just don't make sense for it to be anything except murder.

Your point is valid and possible that it was an accident. I rather hope it's an accident. All the other scenarios are too sad, scary, and gruesome. But, I don't think that'll be the case here.

In terms of what we know vs. what we don't, unless you have some inside information that I'm unaware of, it's unessecary to question speculation in the way you seem to have done here. I am making assumptions and speculations on about the same info as you are. So, replacing a word in your quote, I ask you...

Could it not have been some type of murder? I don;t think we know enough right to say.
;)

I would entertain this idea more if her car had been found on the highway, alongside her regular route. How could there have been an accident/explosion & somehow, she drove off her regular route & happened to find an isolated driveway hidden amongst forest to pull into, hours after she was supposed to meet family? It doesn’t seem very plausible.

It also depends on where in the car her body was found. Was her body in the driver’s seat? Passenger seat? Back seat? Trunk? Was she restrained in any way? Were there injuries to the remains not due to fire? Her cause & manner of death haven’t been released.

Where in the car did the fire originate? Was accelerant used? This would clearly indicate the fire had been deliberately set. I’m sure the fire department has a hunch from working on the scene of the fire.

I am so supremely saddened & disturbed by this case. Not only was Ms. Ryan a longtime teacher, but at least two of her three sons, as well as a daughter in law, are teachers & sports coaches. The devastation extends beyond her family, beyond her students, to the students & athletes of her children, many of whom may not have even met her. They are all well-loved, positive forces in the lives of many, & the community feels (only 1/10000000th, I’m sure, as I can’t even begin to imagine) their pain. And, what of her little grandkids, who were excited to give her a birthday cake for her birthday that would have been Monday, two days after the crime? What of the people whose driveway it was, total strangers whose land is now stained with the trauma that happened there? My heart hurts for everyone.

I have faith the police know more than we do & are working hard to bring earthly justice, assuming justice is a factor here. And, I’m convinced it is.
I once watched an incident like this: a car shorted while a woman was driving. It lost power and she pulled over next to the convenience store where I was. The interior started to fill with smoke and she got out. Within <5 minutes the car was engulfed with flames. She would be dead if she had not existed the car when she did. I don't think that is what happened here but it is also not far-fetched.

I once watched an incident like this: a car shorted while a woman was driving. It lost power and she pulled over next to the convenience store where I was. The interior started to fill with smoke and she got out. Within <5 minutes the car was engulfed with flames. She would be dead if she had not existed the car when she did. I don't think that is what happened here but it is also not far-fetched.

Right, but any person in their right mind would exit the car, like the woman you saw. Nobody, unless unconscious or incapacitated, is going to just sit there & deliberately become engulfed by flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard