Still Missing CA - Aranda Briones, 16, missing after a night out with friends, Moreno Valley, 13 Jan 2019 *arrest*

If this is the same "Owen" that dropped her off at the park, then it doesn't look good. So heartbreaking for her and her family.

Search Continues For Missing Moreno Valley Teen

"The family says a male named Owen told them he dropped Aranda off at the community park around 5 or 6 p.m. last Sunday.

“That is a name that has come up in this investigation. We are currently looking into that, as well as many others,” Willison said.

According to the family, Owen said after he dropped the teen off, she got into someone else’s car.

“It was a friend. I wanna say a bad choice of friends – Owen was that,” Horstkotte said."

deleted as question already answered. Thank you!

Last edited:
“Numerous things are currently in the works as we speak,” Riverside County Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Chris Willison told CBS LA. He identified the friend who said he dropped off Briones as Owen, no last name given, and said the male is part of the investigation but that officers are pursuing other leads as well.

Owen said that after he dropped Briones off, she got into another vehicle, family members said.
==========================================================================

So they arrested the 'friend' that had said he dropped her off????????????
Oh wow, as many suspected, that friend's story was very suspicious.

I wonder if he's the same friend that texted her uncle?

This is making my stomach turn and burn....

Oh no! I wonder if she knew them? Poor girl, I hope she's found soon, preferably alive!

Yes, sadly, she knew them. Mutual friends of the family, according to what her brother had said earlier. He said in an earlier interview, that the guy who reportedly dropped her off at the park, was a mutual friend.

I think he may have been a 'friend' of the brother or uncle, so she probably thought she could accept a ride with them, poor girl. :mad:

Yes, sadly, she knew them. Mutual friends of the family, according to what her brother had said earlier. He said in an earlier interview, that the guy who reportedly dropped her off at the park, was a mutual friend.

I think he may have been a 'friend' of the brother or uncle, so she probably thought she could accept a ride with them, poor girl. :mad:
Oh that is just heartbreaking. I can't imagine going somewhere with a brother's or uncle's friend and not feeling safe, you know what I mean? She obviously trusted them and had no reason to not feel safe with them. Especially if they were a brother's or uncle's friend. My heart goes out to her family right now- they must be on pins and needles right now, with this latest development!

Oh wow, as many suspected, that friend's story was very suspicious.

I wonder if he's the same friend that texted her uncle?

This is making my stomach turn and burn....

I am not sure if he was the one who texted, as a way to deflect suspicion?

I thought that the uncle referred to the texter as 'she' ....but I could be mistaken.

“Numerous things are currently in the works as we speak,” Riverside County Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Chris Willison told CBS LA. He identified the friend who said he dropped off Briones as Owen, no last name given, and said the male is part of the investigation but that officers are pursuing other leads as well.

Owen said that after he dropped Briones off, she got into another vehicle, family members said.
==========================================================================

So they arrested the 'friend' that had said he dropped her off????????????

It's usually the last person to see her. So sad. And for murder. So they know she's not alive. Darn :-(

Feb 12, 2019 News7/ABC

MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) --
Two brothers have been arrested in connection with missing Moreno Valley teenager Aranda Briones, booking records show.

The Riverside County Sheriff's Department booking information shows that Owen Skyler Shover, 18, was arrested on suspicion of murder, and Gary Anthony Shover, 21, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder and conspiracy to commit a crime. bbm

There was no bail information listed for the two men, who were both arrested on Monday. According to Aranda's family, Aranda and the two suspects are friends.

Aranda Briones missing case: 2 arrested on suspicion of murder

https://www.vvng.com/police-arrest-2-men-in-hesperia-for-the-murder-of-missing-teen-aranda-briones/

Owen Skyler Shover, 18, was arrested on suspicion of murder and Gary Anthony Shover, 21, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder and conspiracy to commit a crime.

The brothers were arrested at about 10:30 pm, on Monday, February 11, 2019, in the 16200 block of Grevillea Street in Hesperia.

Authorities said Aranda was last seen on January 13, 2019, after she was seen exiting from a gray four-door car near a park in Moreno Valley.

According to family, murder suspect Owen Shover was her ex-boyfriend and considered him to be a suspect. It was also reported that Owen’s was the person who dropped Aranda off at the park and the last person to see her.

Both men are being held without bail, according to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department booking logs. Both suspects are set to appear in court at the Riverside Hall of Justice on February 15th at 8:00 am. bbm

ABC 7 is reporting 2 arrests being made in connection to this case:

Aranda Briones missing case: 2 arrested on suspicion of murder

"Two people have been arrested in connection with a missing Moreno Valley teenager, booking records show.

The Riverside County Sheriff's Department booking information shows that Owen Skyler Shover was arrested on suspicion of murder, and Gary Anthony Shover was arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder and conspiracy to commit a crime."
Thank you. How weird, I just popped in here today and arrests. How awful. I just knew he was lying about dropping her off at the park. :mad::(

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/aranda-briones-missing/

49376437_2146923205368045_8186194171388755968_n-e1548201221174.jpg

29543024_109414076573730_1991378016558233996_n.jpg

1. Briones Was Last Seen January 13

2. A Friend Who Dropped Her Off Said She Got Into a Gray, Four-Door Sedan, But Surveillance Cameras Don’t Show Briones in the Area at that Time

3. Snapchat Indicated Showed She Was in a Different Location, But Her Location Was Turned Off When a Friend Asked Her Why She Was There

4. She Was About To Get a Promotion at Work & Her Family Had Just Dealt with Her Grandmother’s Death

5. She’s 5’4″, Has Brown Hair, Hazel/Green Eyes, & a Nose Piercing

Briones’ brother, Daniel, 18, said she’s the type of person who’s friends with everyone. She was graduating as a junior, he said, and is really smart. “She always made room for other people even though she was a really busy person in real life,” he said in an interview. (You can watch the full interview in the first section of this story.) [...]
“She did have a bad choice of friends, I’ll be honest, you know everybody does. Everybody makes mistakes, but you know one thing I want? I just want her home safe.”

ETA: Ex-boyfriend and his brother have been arrested and charged with 2nd degree murder.

A beautiful, vulnerable girl. RIP. :(

Last edited:
Oh that is just heartbreaking. I can't imagine going somewhere with a brother's or uncle's friend and not feeling safe, you know what I mean? She obviously trusted them and had no reason to not feel safe with them. Especially if they were a brother's or uncle's friend. My heart goes out to her family right now- they must be on pins and needles right now, with this latest development!
Now identified as her Owen Shover (18) ex-boyfriend, and his brother Gary Shover (21). Sad.

Now identified as her Owen Shover (18) ex-boyfriend, and his brother Gary Shover (21). Sad.
Oh good grief, what is with all of these exes killing those poor women like this? Why, just why? She was only 16! He's 18, his brother 20 or 21. One life completely gone, while two others will be behind bars, hopefully for life, and for what?

This just makes me sick to my stomach. I just pray that if he or they murdered her, that it was fast and she didn't suffer any torture before. Poor girl-16 years old. Ugh!

2 Hesperia brothers arrested on suspicion of murder in disappearance of Moreno Valley teen – Press Enterprise

Two Hesperia brothers were arrested late Monday, Feb. 11, on suspicion of murder in connection with the disappearance of Moreno Valley teenager Aranda Briones, Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco said Tuesday.

He said in a phone interview that Briones’ location is not known. “Obviously, we still have to locate her,” and that while the case is being treated as a homicide, “my ultimate hope is that we will find her alive and well.” bbm??

Bianco said the search for Briones includes areas of both Riverside and San Bernardino counties, but declined to be more specific. He asked for the public’s help in finding her, “so that in one way or another, we can return her to her family.”

ETA: Interesting comment by Sheriff. Appears somebody's been talking since update news reports now include 2nd degree murder.

Oh good grief, what is with all of these exes killing those poor women like this? Why, just why? She was only 16! He's 18, his brother 20 or 21. One life completely gone, while two others will be behind bars, hopefully for life, and for what?

This just makes me sick to my stomach. I just pray that if he or they murdered her, that it was fast and she didn't suffer any torture before. Poor girl-16 years old. Ugh!
I just had the same reaction as you! It seems like it's happening more and more. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back