Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to catch up on everything I missed and now I wish I wouldn't have. I am so sad to know she left the horror of being with one child predator only to be picked-up by another predator. Makes me sick. I was so hoping he was just trying to be a good human being and save her. Poor girl has had so many horrible things happen to her in her young life. I pray she can find some sort of happiness later on in her life. I'm getting ready to eat crow since I was WRONG about him being a good person trying to remove her from a bad situation. I guess I need to stop trying to see the good in people because my judgement is terrible.
There is no shame in believing innocent until proven guilty - or shouldn’t be, anyway.

So this is what I am taking away from this; that if I were a rape victim and went to a hospital and had a rape kit done, information from that exam could be made public both in court verbally and in MSM in writing? If that is a fact, I am not sure I would report it.
I wouldn't care if some stranger in Seattle read the article and saw initials that were not mine but I would surely care if that information came out in my home town because some made up initials would not protect me.

And she is a minor who apparently can't give her consent for anything at all.

The legal community is interested in following this case because of a fear of the possibility of a legal precedent being won using gray areas of the law. Defense lawyers would not, of course, see the "fear" in this, but prosecutors most certainly do.

I have believed from the moment I learned of the powerful law firm who are representing B.D.R. that this was their intent. Their subsequent court filings confirmed this.

The information and facts finally presenting themselves have lessened the possibility to zero but still there is always a great concern in cases such as these.

We have faith that there will not be a legal precedent concerning the issues in this case.

Can you imagine how detrimental that would be to future victims - perpetators receiving lesser sentences because of new case law in this area? Horrific to even consider.

This is why there is so much interest in this case, especially from a legal perspective!

Last edited:
Maybe she and her legal guardian gave permission? I have no idea, but it is disturbing the way things like that find their way into the media.
She couldn't give consent, she is a minor child and her parents are her legal guardians at least, until last notice. Maybe that is why the DA was there, maybe she is a ward of the state, but I would have thought that would be Tennessee not Wisconsin.

So this is what I am taking away from this; that if I were a rape victim and went to a hospital and had a rape kit done, information from that exam could be made public both in court verbally and in MSM in writing? If that is a fact, I am not sure I would report it.
I wouldn't care if some stranger in Seattle read the article and saw initials that were not mine but I would surely care if that information came out in my home town because some made up initials would not protect me.

And she is a minor who apparently can't give her consent for anything at all.

Was it a rush to paint BR as just another bad guy?

That Judge should have stopped proceedings, and held a private conference.

IMO this was a mistake. This should not have been in the public realm. IMO MHO

ETA: I thought minors, whether labeled with initials or not, are not identified in any manner? Not even with initials. Not even family members identified? Or is that only when the perp is a minor? Color me angrily confused :(

Absolutely 100% agree with you after reading back over the conversations. Even with the snipped parts, I can see where he had her convinced he was going to 'help' her. He would be the king, she his queen (vomit).... IMO BR was a predator all the way.

It is revolting, and makes me hope that FBI is reaching out to his other 'Friends' over there.
They just started talking around Christmastime! 3 weeks from 'How you doin' to her likely having romantic feelings towards him and him convincing her to record her own rape and driving hundreds of miles to 'rescue' her. Gah, three friggin weeks!

I have little doubt that she was not the first girl he attempted to woo on that site.

It is revolting, and makes me hope that FBI is reaching out to his other 'Friends' over there.
They just started talking around Christmastime! 3 weeks from 'How you doin' to her likely having romantic feelings towards him and him convincing her to record her own rape and driving hundreds of miles to 'rescue' her. Gah, three friggin weeks!

I have little doubt that she was not the first girl he attempted to woo on that site.

I agree, completely. He had experience and knew what he was doing.

Was it a rush to paint BR as just another bad guy?

That Judge should have stopped proceedings, and held a private conference.

IMO this was a mistake. This should not have been in the public realm. IMO MHO

ETA: I thought minors, whether labeled with initials or not, are not identified in any manner? Not even with initials. Not even family members identified? Or is that only when the perp is a minor? Color me angrily confused :(

Yeah, it looks like a big eff up. Carelessness and people who don't know what they're doing.

It really could have become a far worse situation! If BR had covered his digital tracks, pretended to mail SP's evidence, and never let SP ride up front in the car? (IMO based on her (SP) being placed in the trunk.) Was that for all trips? Did SP even make the trip to St. Louis?

BR's mom never even knew SP was in that home. Could BR have become another JP? Another 88 days type situation? Or even worse? Is BR that capable of this evil? Yeah, I think further details will paint that picture. And I apologize if that is too much 'opinion'. I'm still recovering from the original CC. Now this.

Dear SP, we all want only the best for you from now on. Stay strong young lady. Love, the World :) All MHO

I would hope not and I do not think he would have become another JP. However, we really know nothing at this point so who can say? He at the very least let/allowed her to send in her evidence, she clearly was not stopped from doing so and that says a lot to me... No one wishing to never have her found nor the adoptive dad arrested would have wanted that nor helped with it imo. I do however, have my mind open to revise that opinion depending on what we learn with further facts...

I would hope not and I do not think he would have become another JP. However, we really know nothing at this point so who can say? He at the very least let/allowed her to send in her evidence, she clearly was not stopped from doing so and that says a lot to me... No one wishing to never have her found nor the adoptive dad arrested would have wanted that nor helped with it imo. I do however, have my mind open to revise that opinion depending on what we learn with further facts...
I have not read yet that the FBI acknowledged receipt of anything from anyone - I hope this wasn't a ploy to mislead her and keep her in line IMO - I wonder if they will acknowledge it at some point? I would think they have to disclose their evidence which should include the mailing if they indeed received it? If she was in the trunk during this long drive she would not know, just his word IMO.

Regarding the hearing and testimony - at what point is a victim entitled to privacy in the judicial process? I do believe Judges have the discretion to seal hearings and evidence. I wonder why they did not in this case and I wonder if there are regrets on the side of the prosecution? JMO.

She couldn't give consent, she is a minor child and her parents are her legal guardians at least, until last notice. Maybe that is why the DA was there, maybe she is a ward of the state, but I would have thought that would be Tennessee not Wisconsin.
I do think SP and the other children are wards of the state at this time. Certainly they have been removed from their mother's care, for lack of a better word.

Dear JenniferTx,

We didn't have this information earlier so how could we judge one way or another? We could guess or speculate but that's about it.

It's not your judgment at all! Your judgment is good! The information was so scarce at the beginning but now it's a different story. We did not have any of this information before but now we do.

Yeah, you have whatever information is available to you at a point in time, and make a judgement if you feel confident in your analysis.

People are innocent until proven guilty in the court of law. But WebSleuths is not the court of law, our standards are lower because we are just discussing a case. So we are only accountable to each other.

I tend to shy away from condemning or exonerating a suspect until I am comfortable with my analysis. I don't want to falsely accuse anyone, even if it is just here on WS. There are no trophies for being first and no demerits for not taking a stand.

Personally, I was not comfortable with condemning BDR from what I knew yesterday morning. Not defending, just stating that I could not make the conflicting information on the "rescue" line up. The issue of whether there was SA after picking up SLP was what I needed to know.

It seems one of the keys for gitana (and others) was analyzing the messages between BDR and SLP. gitana was pointing out things in her posts that I didn't see, and there were some things that I wasn't sure I agreed with upon first read.

But I get it now and can learn from it. Well done gitana.

Sounds like it was sent and they have it.

According to court documents, the girl spent her time in the basement of Rogers’ home writing a six-page letter that she addressed to the FBI, in which “she described the years of abuse.” Rogers and the girl sent the letter and an SD card containing an audio recording of an assault, the video recording in question taken of another assault and photos of the girl’s adoptive father in a package to the FBI’s St. Louis office at the end of January. During court Tuesday, the federal judge sealed this letter from the public.

In court Tuesday, Rogers’ defense attorney questioned the special agent in charge of this investigation, James Pertzbon. The attorney asked Pertzbon if the letter supports the claim that Rogers coerced the girl into making the video. Pertzbon said no. He also said the girl referred to the video as “evidence” during interviews with law enforcement.

https://www.channel3000.com/news/cr...ed*-in-missing-tennessee-girl-case/1015193427
I have not read yet that the FBI acknowledged receipt of anything from anyone - I hope this wasn't a ploy to mislead her and keep her in line IMO - I wonder if they will acknowledge it at some point? I would think they have to disclose their evidence which should include the mailing if they indeed received it? If she was in the trunk during this long drive she would not know, just his word IMO.

Regarding the hearing and testimony - at what point is a victim entitled to privacy in the judicial process? I do believe Judges have the discretion to seal hearings and evidence. I wonder why they did not in this case and I wonder if there are regrets on the side of the prosecution? JMO.

Could a missing piece of the puzzle be that “because it was blurry” they felt it didn’t totally speak for itself, and that’s why she wrote that six-page document describing what her life has been like? And perhaps the time it took for her to force herself to write that accounted for some of the two week delay?

That is what I think and he also worked so to take her out of state would have to wait until there was time and they could get past his mother as well... I have a feeling that six page letter would not be easy to write as well... Not an excuse, I just think it is likely. We will likely find out more...

Sounds like it was sent and they have it.

According to court documents, the girl spent her time in the basement of BRs’ home writing a six-page letter that she addressed to the FBI, in which “she described the years of abuse.” BR and the girl sent the letter and an SD card containing an audio recording of an assault, the video recording in question taken of another assault and photos of the girl’s adoptive father in a package to the FBI’s St. Louis office at the end of January. During court Tuesday, the federal judge sealed this letter from the public.

In court Tuesday,BRs’ defense attorney questioned the special agent in charge of this investigation, James Pertzbon. The attorney asked Pertzbon if the letter supports the claim that BR coerced the girl into making the video. Pertzbon said no. He also said the girl referred to the video as “evidence” during interviews with law enforcement.

Madison man heads to trial for production of child *advertiser censored* in missing Tennessee girl case
This is new to me - I'm glad he followed through with that part at least. And clearly, the Judge knows he can seal documents so let's hope on a go forward basis some of this is kept out of the media. JMO and thank you for finding this - it has bothered me a lot that this was a ruse.

I had posted a few days back about what was wrong with BDRs actions - what he did or did not do that led me to believe this wasn't just some nice guy helping a nice girl. I stated that if he hadn't assaulted her, that it was my opinion that he was probably grooming her.

Then the defense doc came out, and there were numerous unsettling things within it, as gitana1 has so eloquently detailed.

One thing really jumped out to me though.
KV: So what's happens between us now bryan

This, coupled with my suspicion that he has a friend on Roblox with the female equivalent of his exact screen name leads me to believe the grooming was pretty much solidified by the time he got to TN. I would be shocked to learn that his 'Queen' was anyone other than 'KV'. She wasn't going to run away with just a savior man, she was running away with her boyfriend. (IMO)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. She couldn't have been more vulnerable. And he couldn't have been more predatory.

Side note - I hope the FBI contacts his other friends on Roblox.

Yes. It's really disturbing that child abuse victims are the exact people at high risk of further victimization. The abuse makes them so vulnerable and nasty predators seek them out.

It's like a lion seeking out the weak for easy prey.

"Numerous studies have noted that child sexual abuse victims are vulnerable to later sexual revictimization".
https://www.researchgate.net/public...ual_Behavior_and_PreventionTreatment_Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann