Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madison man heads to trial for production of child *advertiser censored* in missing Tennessee girl case
The relating of the nurse's comments by the Assistant DA appear to be part of her presentation at his hearing. I guess her privacy is co-opted by a public hearing. I am amazed at this.

I am surprised that the assistant DA prosecuting this case put that piece of information of probable recent sexual activity out in the public domain, based on the opinion of the nurse doing the exam. Where in the world is HIPPA and SP's rights to privacy as a victim and a minor.

The info is evidence in a court case. Her name is not in the court documents. She is identified as KV1 in documents regarding this case. If we were not following this case from the beginning, we would never know her name or her real initials. They even delayed putting that info out, which IMO was to give the media time to stop using her name in connection with BR.

MOO.

The info is evidence in a court case. Her name is not in the court documents. She is identified as KV1 in documents regarding this case. If we were not following this case from the beginning, we would never know her name or her real initials. They even delayed putting that info out, which IMO was to give the media time to stop using her name in connection with BR.

MOO.
Yep, I am seeing that now. Still don't think it is right.

I wonder if HIPPA is thrown out the window when a crime is committed? I will have to go look into this. This is a seasoned DA - IMO it is difficult to believe this is a mistake on their part but I just don't know. I wonder if it was part of the testimony at the hearing yesterday? Otherwise, how did they know she said it in the first place?
I will answer my own post - she argued it in open court - that's how the information got out. Madison man charged with sexually exploiting teen girl ordered to remain in jail, judge finds probable cause
it is towards the end of the article. So I don't think HIPPA was violated IMO.

Yes, she is one courageous girl IMO. I do think she realized something was up and pressed him to mail the package to the FBI after 2 weeks of being with him. We may not ever know this but I think there is going to be a lot of evidence from the computer, text messages, emails, etc. that will show the extent of what was going on IMO. I sure hope this County has a super safe, professional team of caregivers surrounding her and the other 3 children as I think there may be more to come about that new homelife after moving from GA. JMO

She went from an isolated farm, home schooled environment to a basement, closet, and trunk. And where was he taking her in the trunk? And if it isn't BR's DNA found during that exam, then whose is it? :mad: :(
I don't know what all she may have gone through or felt like she needed to go through to please BR but I think she was adamant on not returning back home and ensuring the truth was revealed about RP. MOO

The speed in which he met and groomed her online, the distance and lengths he went to in abducting her , and the duration of time that SP was under his captivity leaves me shook with what all she may have entailed. MOO

I can't get this thought out of my head.

I am still catching up here so forgive me if this has been discussed, but my thought on that is that for him to send it himself or it alone is not the same as SP sending it along with her audio recording and her six page letter detailing years of abuse. A complete package was put together and also in that package were pics of sleazeball adopted dad. Without going into detail either, we know from the complaint her dad could be seen from the back over SP in the video but as far as being able to identify him clearly as to who he was may have been the issue...? Again with SP to add to identifying him by her own words, that would change that or add to the likelihood, add in the audio, letter, etc.

My mind remains open but I will say she could have ended up in a far, far worse situation than this looks like it was with this WI man. I am not saying there may not be more to it, and I am sure more will come out from both sides, but there is so much more he could have done or would have done if his intent was pure evil imo.

It really could have become a far worse situation! If BR had covered his digital tracks, pretended to mail SP's evidence, and never let SP ride up front in the car? (IMO based on her (SP) being placed in the trunk.) Was that for all trips? Did SP even make the trip to St. Louis?

BR's mom never even knew SP was in that home. Could BR have become another JP? Another 88 days type situation? Or even worse? Is BR that capable of this evil? Yeah, I think further details will paint that picture. And I apologize if that is too much 'opinion'. I'm still recovering from the original CC. Now this.

Dear SP, we all want only the best for you from now on. Stay strong young lady. Love, the World :) All MHO

Oh goodness yes I looked and came up empty.
I did forget that the Queen account was new.
Since it has been reported that this is where they met, and assuming that reporting is accurate, there must be another profile that either

Has been deleted
Is on his friends list right now
Is out there somewhere, but removed from his friends list

I really really really want to see the full history of their conversations, because I am fairly convinced that she considered herself in a relationship with this (*&*#!$.

Absolutely 100% agree with you after reading back over the conversations. Even with the snipped parts, I can see where he had her convinced he was going to 'help' her. He would be the king, she his queen (vomit).... IMO BR was a predator all the way.

I had not seen that part. I think more will come out both ways. If he did engage in sexual activity with a 14 year old, he knew what he was doing no matter the situation. I have a wait and see attitude as to what comes out on both sides. In no way if there was sex between the two is that okay relevant to her age and his. I do not have the right words but I still am glad she got away, she stayed away until adopted dad was arrested and that she did not end up in a worse situation than what this was, which was not ideal for sure. In no way do I mean to excuse anything that was done wrong, I simply mean she was not with a Jake Patterson when it comes to degrees of danger imo. It is looking to me like she maybe fancied this man her savior but he is the adult, not she, by twice her age. Wrong is wrong, I am just happy she is safe--as I said, I do not have the right words but hope that comes across as how i mean it...

BBM.

Yes, exactly. To me the video was the red flag I couldn't look past. Asking her to make the video in the first place and then having her send it to him to view-- those actions re-victimized her IMO (and will continue to re-victimize her if he shared the video with anyone or put it online someplace). There were other ways to get evidence of what RP was doing to her and BR proved in his chat messages that he knew many of those other ways without subjecting her to videoing her rape. He wanted that video to exist. He didn't care what that would do to SLP in the creation of it and the continued existence of the video that others will now be viewing as evidence. I hope she realized quickly after leaving home that BR was not some hero because if she at all thought of him as a rescuer during her time in Wisconsin, then her life is going to be fraught with more trouble and heartache. It's going to take a ton of counseling and time to know who to trust after that ultimate betrayal. I hope she has some very patient and wise adults helping her now.

MOO.

I don't know that she can ever really recover. This seems like so much damage.

However, ET had incredible in-patient care in TN and she came out a different person. She had a firm and unapologetic understanding of what happened to her and why it did and that she was not at fault.

She also suffered years of abuse and then betrayal by an adult she trusted. On top of that she had ruthless scrutiny and criticism from thousands around the nation for "willingly" being a victim of her predator.

Hopefully SP can get a similar level of care. I was so impressed.

I had not seen that part. I think more will come out both ways. If he did engage in sexual activity with a 14 year old, he knew what he was doing no matter the situation. I have a wait and see attitude as to what comes out on both sides. In no way if there was sex between the two is that okay relevant to her age and his. I do not have the right words but I still am glad she got away, she stayed away until adopted dad was arrested and that she did not end up in a worse situation than what this was, which was not ideal for sure. In no way do I mean to excuse anything that was done wrong, I simply mean she was not with a Jake Patterson when it comes to degrees of danger imo. It is looking to me like she maybe fancied this man her savior but he is the adult, not she, by twice her age. Wrong is wrong, I am just happy she is safe--as I said, I do not have the right words but hope that comes across as how i mean it...

I understand your words perfectly. There are degrees of evil. She wasn't being terrorized by this guy as far as we know, and didn't see him kill anyone.

Sadly, that was happening at home!

I think she could change her name and then nobody would know who she is? I hope she will also get advice on that and will be given the chance to talk about doing this and to find out if she wants that.

I was just lurking because I really didn't know what to think, well, I thought it points more in the direction of a predator, talking to minors online, getting her trust within days plus, of course, getting her to film the rape and have her send it to him. But then after the defense told their side of the story I was, like many here, hoping he actually helped her and just did it in all the wrong ways. And I was also hoping that he didn't assault her. But I knew in my heart of hearts that he is a predator and probably did assault her. And now we are even reading about injuries, that means it was either violent or with force (and rape isn't always), which makes it even worse (if that is even possible) what happened to this poor girl.

I had this happen to me several times in my life (very different situations though) that I needed help and people who were supposed to help me and that I trusted betrayed this trust. I am what you would probably call "middle-aged" and just had this happen for a couple of years with a health professional who made my life hell. I basically lost all hope now and I don't trust anyone anymore and I was an adult when this happened. I think I can understand a little bit how she must be feeling, she is young and if she gets the right help she could start trusting people again after a couple of years, she has her whole life ahead of her (for me it is more or less game over) and might be able to leave this behind her at least to the extent that it won't take over every day of her life. That's at least what I am hoping for her.

And I hope both men get life in prison.

Oh no! So sorry to hear that you went through that. We have lots of survivors on this site and you're among friends!

Ultimately this has been such a sad case to me for some reason (lack of family support maybe is the main thing) and I know others feel the same way. It's probably normal for us to want so badly for there not to be one more trauma heaped upon this child that we overlook things in order to hold out hope?

I understand your words perfectly. There are degrees of evil. She wasn't being terrorized by this guy as far as we know, and didn't see him kill anyone.

Sadly, that was happening at home!

Thank you, I hoped I worded it for understanding. I agree with everything you have said as well and can see why there are differing opinions. While this man may have had an intent and it may have been a wrong one, he still helped save her apparently from daddy dearest and may have convinced himself (wrongly) that his intentions were 100 percent good and I do believe some or most of them were. I try to take a wait and see in most cases. I still if I had to choose am happy she was with him RATHER than dad but that does not mean it is the ideal. I think we are going to find that she did not trust LE in her own area or people--and that may be because she tried to get help before, it may be because daddy dearest convinced her he was "connected" or knew everyone, or it may just be that the need to be as far away and hidden as possible was her goal because she was scared to death of him finding her and what he would do to her... And that would take someone who could drive, had the funds to do so, had a place she could stay and more--and one she could convince to help. I think many factors play in here in my speculation...

I am trying to lurk, but you and gardner1850 and pommymommy have made so many good posts, provided so much valuable insight & information. Hah IMO! Another 'Love/Heart button' moment to all of you. We knew, or at least suspected. After that CC release, I (and I'm sure many others) was inconsolable. That RP had stolen trust from this child. Most of her formative years subjected to this animal. Can I use that? I'm trying not to allow anger at BR, for how rotten he turned out to be.

You warned us, gitana1, and pointed out the blatantly obvious. Yet, my hopes were for SLP to have been rescued. Not trafficked! Not subjected to more horror. Yeah, that conversation, "KV: So what’s happens between us now bryan" (From Court Doc), I understand completely what this animal is. His cell will be the cage that he deserves. Sorry, if not okay just delete this.

Better days ahead for another survivor. May she find enjoyment in the life that she is starting.

ETA: Correct quote, Court Doc Link

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/court-doc-pdf.168746/

Yeah. I just commented about that. Websleuthers are a pretty intelligent group. But also very empathetic. And I think overlooking some of the huge red flags may have had to simply do with fervent hope for this poor child.

She went from an isolated farm, home schooled environment to a basement, closet, and trunk. And where was he taking her in the trunk? And if it isn't BR's DNA found during that exam, then whose is it? :mad: :(
I don't know what all she may have gone through or felt like she needed to go through to please BR but I think she was adamant on not returning back home and ensuring the truth was revealed about RP. MOO

I can't get this thought out of my head.
I don't think they said they found DNA, just evidence that sex had taken place in the last 3-5 days. Imo

I don't think they said they found DNA, just evidence that sex had taken place in the last 3-5 days. Imo

True, it was speculation from this statement. With all of the technology available, I am hoping it is merely pending ( if that is what was referenced) at this juncture and that there will be conclusive evidence for optimal accountability. MOO

Madison man heads to trial for production of child *advertiser censored* in missing Tennessee girl case

In court Tuesday, assistant U.S. attorney Julie Pfluger said this proves what the charges allege: Rogers asked the girl to make a video, and the video was transported across state lines. Pfluger also said she was present for a sexual assault exam in Madison, where the nurse said there was recent sexual activity and it was "not possible these are from the father."

Then TXMother67 posted this gem Extending the Time to Collect DNA in Sexual Assault Cases | National Institute of Justice

"We know that sperm cells are found in the female reproductive tract for seven days after ejaculation or longer. Researchers are testing a hypothesis that may extend the length of time in which DNA profiling is possible in sexual assault cases."

Edit for better organization of post.

Last edited:
I don't think a medical professional released that information. IMO, it is likely that some type of LE personnel and or advocate was with SP when this exam was taking place and was also there for the results and privy to the information. Those persons would likely be the ones who shared those details not medical staff.

A medical professional can lose their job and or license for divulging such information and that is no secret. MOO
I agree. It was very clear that the DA attended the exam, and DA communicated the results of exam relevant to defendant, directly to the court. This information was critical to why BR should not be released on bail. The healthcare employee did not release the info or testify before the court.

I am not buying that CP knew nothing for 12 years about her daughter's molestation. But I don't believe that CP was evil, uncaring or intentionally cruel. I believe she was as terrorized, trapped and beaten down as her daughter. RP isolated her out there on that farm as effectively as he did SP. She didn't work and it isn't clear if she had a car or a means of transportation. She was totally dependent on RP . I wonder what is taken into consideration in charging her with knowing what was going on and not reporting it. I seems that charging her could have been down by now.
And I am praying her daughters don’t end up mirroring this lifestyle of being under the thumb of one man after another, ending up controlled by less than stellar individuals.

I'm trying to catch up on everything I missed and now I wish I wouldn't have. I am so sad to know she left the horror of being with one child predator only to be picked-up by another predator. Makes me sick. I was so hoping he was just trying to be a good human being and save her. Poor girl has had so many horrible things happen to her in her young life. I pray she can find some sort of happiness later on in her life. I'm getting ready to eat crow since I was WRONG about him being a good person trying to remove her from a bad situation. I guess I need to stop trying to see the good in people because my judgement is terrible.

Dear JenniferTx,

We didn't have this information earlier so how could we judge one way or another? We could guess or speculate but that's about it.

It's not your judgment at all! Your judgment is good! The information was so scarce at the beginning but now it's a different story. We did not have any of this information before but now we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz