Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent. Thanks!

I wasn't aware of this, and that is why I asked- I though it might be some subjective skin tissue tearing analysis.

The test sounds foolproof for evidence of recent sexual activity. I don't like the three week reference though, as it could be a legal loophole. Hopefully they can identify the source of the cells as well.

In a prospective blinded controlled study, the efficacy of fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) to detect non-sperm male cells verifying sexual contact was examined. Cervicovaginal smears (CVS) from 40 women with reported post-coital intervals were examined for sperm by cytology and for sperm and non-sperm male cells by FISH using X and Y chromosome specific DNA probes.

Fluorescence in situ hybridization identified sperm and/or nonsperm male cells in all specimens from women with positive coital histories, including when the partner had a vasectomy. Male cells were also detectable by FISH in CVS up to 3 weeks after coitus. In comparison, cytology identified sperm in 41% of the positive coital history cases, and none beyond 2 weeks.

Fluorescence in situ hybridization is highly sensitive and specific in detecting male cells, and can be performed rapidly on routine CVS. Application of this technique can provide new and additional evidence of sexual contact when current tests are inconclusive.

Identification of Male Epithelial Cells in Routine Postcoital Cervicovaginal Smears Using Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization: Application in Sexual Assault and Molestation
I'm thinking that is what the defense is referring to.
However DNA can be run, so if BR & or RP are found, that ends that!
I'm sad to say, as much as I had hoped it not to be true, BR crossed that line.
He knew better, but did it anyway, which I believe, if this is the case, he should get the MAX sentence!
Moo

I think they are going to charge him. In the JC case they have JP committing 2 murders and kidnapping. They don't need more to put him away for life.
In this case they need to show his intent for his crimes so he doesn't spin it to look like a hero instead.

I agree. I think they might have delayed releasing that info about sexual assault while in BR's house in order to try to put some distance between the media coverage of the missing case that included SP's name, but I think they will ultimately charge him with more sexual crimes against her. I have noticed LE often does this-- delays some charges to protect the victim's privacy a little longer if it is a high profile case where the victim is alive. I think they put in the criminal complaint enough in order to charge BR and hold him.

MOO.

I appreciate that. You know on occasion I am very certain about a case. Casey Anthony. Scott Peterson. Chris Watts. Etc. But more often I have a sense of which way it leans but can't be sure.

When I'm pretty certain I don't think I've been wrong yet (except some might say with casey anthony, ha ha! "Not guilty, ya' know. Ugh" ) When I'm not certain I've been wrong about my suspicions several times. Like the little Texas girl from a polyamourous family who was killed by a 17 year old. I suspected her parents. Or little Jessica Ridgeway killed and dismembered. Again by a 17 year old. Some suspected a teen. I couldn't grasp that. It still shocks me.

But I had no certainty in those cases.

It actually takes a lot for me to make a definitive statement about a person's guilt.

And me when I'm certain it comes down to clear human nature. How do people (as far as I understand the world), typically act in a given situation? What is plausible? Do grieving moms party and dance wildly and smile when their child has just died, but exhibit no actual psychosis? Do innocent, expectant husbands with super pregnant wives go fishing for an out of season fish in a boat no one has seen, on Christmas Day, alone? Do "loving", innocent fathers stand dry-eyed and smiling as they lie about knowing the whereabouts of the babies they just stuffed in oil drums to rot? Do well-intentioned, concerned adults who encounter suicidal, severely abused children on-line, coldly pressure them to record their own abuse and send it to them, and then drive hundreds of miles to "rescue" them and hide them, instead of simply calling the authorities?

What's logical?

When there have to be too many machinations, when you have to keep stretching in order to find that the prosecuting body is wrong, too many exceptions to the general rule, and no clear reasons for such exceptions (like obvious psychosis or brain damage), it starts to become implausible for me.

From the beginning it seemed to me this kid was revictimized. None of what he did made any sense to me under the circumstances and given who he is.

No well-intentioned adult would say and do what he said and did to this kid, IMO

BBM.

Yes, exactly. To me the video was the red flag I couldn't look past. Asking her to make the video in the first place and then having her send it to him to view-- those actions re-victimized her IMO (and will continue to re-victimize her if he shared the video with anyone or put it online someplace). There were other ways to get evidence of what RP was doing to her and BR proved in his chat messages that he knew many of those other ways without subjecting her to videoing her rape. He wanted that video to exist. He didn't care what that would do to SLP in the creation of it and the continued existence of the video that others will now be viewing as evidence. I hope she realized quickly after leaving home that BR was not some hero because if she at all thought of him as a rescuer during her time in Wisconsin, then her life is going to be fraught with more trouble and heartache. It's going to take a ton of counseling and time to know who to trust after that ultimate betrayal. I hope she has some very patient and wise adults helping her now.

MOO.

Last edited:
I believe CP knew RP was SA SP. What I'm not sure of is her feelings about it. Did she try to stop her husband? Did she feel he was cheating on her? Was she resentful of SP? I just can't understand keeping him in the home. Was she horrified but didn't know what to do about because he was the breadwinner? Was she abused herself?
Not trying to sleuth her, but I'm curious her reaction to all of this.
She may have been too terrified to fight back. You read what he did to the dog, right?

Personally I like to think I would have killed (well, let’s say “incapacitate”) my spouse in his sleep if that was the only way to escape, if he were harming my child. But I am very fortunate to never have been involved with a monster so I don’t really know what I would do. I don’t mean to sound like I’m defending the mom if she did know.

Oh dear the trunk ? The closet ? Maybe she was restrained after all

The trunk really bothers me because he could have been grooming her to be comfortable in the trunk. In other words, if he needed to later on she would trust getting into the trunk again? This could have had a very different ending.

I'm not very far into the current thread, but have seen references to bruises on SLP and would appreciate the link. tia

I'm not very far into the current thread, but have seen references to bruises on SLP and would appreciate the link. tia

I have not seen a reference to bruises specifically, only a reference to injuries:

"Pfluger also says medical testing on the girl found injuries related to sexual activity not involving her father. The prosecutor says Rogers may also be charged with transporting the girl across state lines for sex."

Judge finds probable cause in case of Madison man accused of child exploitation

Some posters might have been speculating the injuries could be bruises because that is a common type of injury a victim of sexual assault might have.

MOO.

I think they are going to charge him. In the JC case they have JP committing 2 murders and kidnapping. They don't need more to put him away for life.
In this case they need to show his intent for his crimes so he doesn't spin it to look like a hero instead.

Yes he should def be charged...the other charges may not keep him locked up long enough. I don’t like any child rapists not to be charged...they need to be plastered with as big a scarlet letter as possible, for life. Of course I know it is terrible for the victim...but the idea of any child rapist not being charged with this most awful of crimes is too sickening. And victims have nothing to be ashamed of. Jmo

BBM.

Yes, exactly. To me the video was the red flag I couldn't look past. Asking her to make the video in the first place and then having her send it to him to view-- those actions re-victimized her IMO (and will continue to re-victimize her if he shared the video with anyone or put it online someplace). There were other ways to get evidence of what RP was doing to her and BR proved in his chat messages that he knew many of those other ways without subjecting her to videoing her rape. He wanted that video to exist. He didn't care what that would do to SLP in the creation of it and the continued existence of the video that others will now be viewing as evidence. I hope she realized quickly after leaving home that BR was not some hero because if she at all thought of him as a rescuer during her time in Wisconsin, then her life is going to be fraught with more trouble and heartache. It's going to take a ton of counseling and time to know who to trust after that ultimate betrayal. I hope she has some very patient and wise adults helping her now.

MOO.
All of this Gardener.

What blew my mind was that people were defending BR even after he admitted demanding the video in exchange for help, taking her back to WI instead of directly to LE. I hope when he is sentenced, any "if he hadn't kidnapped her she'd still be home getting raped" "at least her got her out of there" will be squashed all over MSM, SM and even here. I worry that this acceptance will bring a new boldness to other online predators, of which there are millions. That SP fell victim to 2 monsters is unfathomable!

I worry about SP's future, how CP could have 'missed' the signs if indeed the abuse had been going on for years and if SP did in fact tell CP as stated by BR's defense. Where will she go? How will she ever hold up under the trials?

I saw SP's photos, her sweet little chores poster, and her love of animals and saw an innocent, loving child. How could this all have gone so wrong? Sending SP much love, strength, courage and peace.

Earlier today I found that initial MSM article on BR being held. No bail. No chance of taking flight. The additional details, of which many have been horrified about, I missed during the hours I was away. More thoughts as there are too many to respond to, too many to share the pain we have collectively experienced. IMO I can only hope that SLP can find the way to make her life one of joy.

This is why I struggle - it’s just so horrible and I believe I may feel different if he engaged his Mom on Christmas Eve when it began - like “hey Mom you know the computer internet game I play in my room in the basement there is this girl who claims she’s being raped- what should we do?” But he never did - I’m not going to rehash the points made so eloquently by @gitana1 and others - this seals it for me - he was not looking out for her best interest IMO - we will see when all the evidence comes out but the strict interpretation of the crime he is charged with leaves little doubt for guilt IMO - if intent is allowed -? That’s a whole other can of worms IMO the legal aspects will be argued but I can’t forget this is a child who was kept by BR from health care professionals and mental health professionals after the brutalization of her by a family member (no evidence he took her to any professionals other than to mail a package) and for that I cannot ever understand or condone his behavior - which really doesn’t matter I’m not anyone important to her so my opinion is really meaningless - sorry for the long post

IMO your views are highly relevant. And I completely agree.

BBM - Did you guys miss this part?

Madison man heads to trial for production of child *advertiser censored* in missing Tennessee girl case
A Madison man is set to go to trial after a federal judge said Tuesday there is probable cause to charge him with production of child *advertiser censored* in connection to a missing Tennessee girl who was found in Wisconsin. The judge also ruled to detain the defendant until trial.

In court Tuesday, assistant U.S. attorney Julie Pfluger said this proves what the charges allege: Rogers asked the girl to make a video, and the video was transported across state lines. Pfluger also said she was present for a sexual assault exam in Madison, where the nurse said there was recent sexual activity and it was "not possible these are from the father."

However, Rogers’ attorney said the “intent is highly relevant.”

They updated the articles after the initial post. I did a screen shot and none of those details were in the article. If they had been?! I'd have been first to throw stones at BR. Okay, not really, but you might get my drift :)

yes i would have to think it would and I know none of us are good with this outcome - right or wrong we all wanted to think she was not re-victimized IMO
Predator is such a basic word for the actions BR took. Heartbreaking IMO.

We all come to these threads for different reasons bringing various backgrounds, experiences, and unique perspectives to the table. IMO, everyone plays an important part. No one can say these threads are lacking in passion or wisdom.

Thanks PommyMommy for always swooping in with the links bringing detailed information to the forefront.

I think we are all collectively grieving this. MOO
Absolutely 100% agree. This went from horrifying to downright repulsive. BR should, and hopefully will, spend a long time behind bars.

Authorities say there’s evidence a Madison man who brought a missing 14-year-old Tennesee girl to Madison, may have sexually assaulted her.

Rogers sat quietly in court in jail clothes as Assistant U.S. Attorney Julie Pfluger conceded he may have initially had pure motives of helping the girl get away from danger. But Pfluger says Rogers lied to the FBI about the girl’s whereabouts and kept her in a closet of his mother’s Madison basement or in the trunk of his car.

Pfluger also says medical testing on the girl found injuries related to sexual activity not involving her father. The prosecutor says Rogers may also be charged with transporting the girl across state lines for sex.

A federal magistrate ruled there is probable cause to believe Rogers produced child *advertiser censored* and decided the 31-year-old Madison man remain jailed.

Tuesday’s court appearance was attended by Rogers’ mother and other loved ones.

Bednarek says Rogers has no criminal history and is a recent college graduate with two jobs. Authorities say Rogers’s mother was unaware of the teen’s presence in her home over the two weeks she stayed there, until investigators found her and Rogers was arrested.

"kept her in a closet of his mother’s Madison basement or in the trunk of his car."

I am supposing this was in any/all trips they made in his car. His awareness of CCTV/Traffic photo possibilities made him a sly kidnapper. I wonder if he Google searched the various roads he was traveling on?

I thought that Roger's sexually assaulted SP, but decided to wait, until reports were clear.
Now that this is being suspected, I feel that poor SP's thoughts, at the time, may have been shattered.
This man did not have her interests in rescuing her, to provide a safe passage towards LE.
He benefited now, that SP was at his home.
I hope, his computer records, SP's examinations and interviews, provide justice for this poor girl.
What a life, amongst these creeps.
She has a long journey ahead of her, and with professional help, and contact with other survivors, her life will surely improve.
MOO.

We all hope that your views will be fulfilled. SP deserves so much happiness and joy, for the remainder of her life. Sigh.

Ugh. I've been away for a few hours, just catching up. This is SO disappointing.

So So agree. Heartbreaking. Catching up and shattered by BR's inability to keep his hands off of a distressed 14 year old child. Ugh.

I'm not even saying I have the "need to think he wanted to save her". He may have been all predatory. I'm just saying that it may not be that clear cut.
Take driving to MO to mail the letter and evidence to the FBI. He may have done that out of a genuine need to help her. Or, he may have done that in an effort to appease her and get her to stay with him. Or, more than likely, a little of both.
He may have been misguided. But what he did with her once in WI was not in her best interests.

I can imagine that SLP was definitely wanting HER evidence to be sent. I wonder, have they actually confirmed that the 6 page letter was received by the FBI? Hmmm.

This was kind of what I was alluding to but I didn’t want it to be misinterpreted as victim blaming. I think given the background of SP she most likely felt she was in a relationship with BR and IMO BR was able to use this to his advantage.
No restraints needed. He got to play the hero and she got the closest thing to “safety” as she could. Now whether he deliberately researched and applied grooming methods or if he just naturally fell into the role play ( ROBLOX anyone?) is yet to be determined. Obviously he made the step over the line between good and evil several times. I think there is some mental illness at play here.

Now don't be giving that defense team any ideas! :) I would think that further information will show this was grooming, terrorizing, and a predator at his worst. All MHO

I appreciate all those who kept a clear 'eye' on the developments. I was a flopped fish. That fish is now fried. IMO these trials will be shattering. Now, really, back to lurking :)

I have not seen a reference to bruises specifically, only a reference to injuries:

"Pfluger also says medical testing on the girl found injuries related to sexual activity not involving her father. The prosecutor says Rogers may also be charged with transporting the girl across state lines for sex."

Some posters might have been speculating the injuries could be bruises because that is a common type of injury a victim of sexual assault might have.

MOO.

Well, thanks. If that's the case, he's really not so bright after all. Poor, poor little girl. How could he do that to her? What an awful life she's had and I hope she can recover fully from all of this. I think we know a lot more about her than we should, everyone does, not just us, and she is going to know for the rest of her life that people know what happened to her. Is she going to be strong enough for that?

Think I"ll go sleep on this. Thanks for the info.

Well, thanks. If that's the case, he's really not so bright after all. Poor, poor little girl. How could he do that to her? What an awful life she's had and I hope she can recover fully from all of this. I think we know a lot more about her than we should, everyone does, not just us, and she is going to know for the rest of her life that people know what happened to her. Is she going to be strong enough for that?

Think I"ll go sleep on this. Thanks for the info.

I think she could change her name and then nobody would know who she is? I hope she will also get advice on that and will be given the chance to talk about doing this and to find out if she wants that.

I was just lurking because I really didn't know what to think, well, I thought it points more in the direction of a predator, talking to minors online, getting her trust within days plus, of course, getting her to film the rape and have her send it to him. But then after the defense told their side of the story I was, like many here, hoping he actually helped her and just did it in all the wrong ways. And I was also hoping that he didn't assault her. But I knew in my heart of hearts that he is a predator and probably did assault her. And now we are even reading about injuries, that means it was either violent or with force (and rape isn't always), which makes it even worse (if that is even possible) what happened to this poor girl.

I had this happen to me several times in my life (very different situations though) that I needed help and people who were supposed to help me and that I trusted betrayed this trust. I am what you would probably call "middle-aged" and just had this happen for a couple of years with a health professional who made my life hell. I basically lost all hope now and I don't trust anyone anymore and I was an adult when this happened. I think I can understand a little bit how she must be feeling, she is young and if she gets the right help she could start trusting people again after a couple of years, she has her whole life ahead of her (for me it is more or less game over) and might be able to leave this behind her at least to the extent that it won't take over every day of her life. That's at least what I am hoping for her.

And I hope both men get life in prison.

Guilty here! I’ve been a flip flopper and had flipped after I read the defense memo only to flip again after reading your breakdown.
Ugh, I had that glimmer of hope that BR had good intentions and bad execution for half a day.
In the gray area ( not law) I think BR got to play out a fantasy of being a hero and poor SP fell back on survival tactics.
I am in that same ship. At the beginning I thought how in the world could he be doing this with good intentions while driving backroads and hiding her, especially when I heard/read that he lied to FBI and said she wasn’t in the house. Then when I read the defense documents I became convinced that regardless of anything else he wanted to get her away from stepped in it. And did. Then when I read yesterday that she was further sexually assaulted, well hells bells.....not good at all. As is so often the case unfortunately. All I can say and have been saying for quite a while is that I am prayerful about her siblings being OUT of that house!

Extending the Time to Collect DNA in Sexual Assault Cases | National Institute of Justice
"We know that sperm cells are found in the female reproductive tract for seven days after ejaculation or longer. Researchers are testing a hypothesis that may extend the length of time in which DNA profiling is possible in sexual assault cases."

I'm not sure how long it takes to process DNA. but this is a great article.
It is a good article, thanks for the posting. It seems to me that whatever was found in that examination could be tested for positive identification as to who put it there. That seems like one of the easiest answers to find in this complicated case. How often is an assistant federal DA present at rape examinations? Isn't that odd also?

Once in a while, you just want to believe that there are good people out there.
Yep, and look how upset and betrayed and uncertain and angry and sad we all are over these past couple of days and we are home safe just reading about it. Imagine for a few minutes how TWELVE YEARS of this has affected and formed SP who has and is living it 24/7.

I think she could change her name and then nobody would know who she is? I hope she will also get advice on that and will be given the chance to talk about doing this and to find out if she wants that.

I was just lurking because I really didn't know what to think, well, I thought it points more in the direction of a predator, talking to minors online, getting her trust within days plus, of course, getting her to film the rape and have her send it to him. But then after the defense told their side of the story I was, like many here, hoping he actually helped her and just did it in all the wrong ways. And I was also hoping that he didn't assault her. But I knew in my heart of hearts that he is a predator and probably did assault her. And now we are even reading about injuries, that means it was either violent or with force (and rape isn't always), which makes it even worse (if that is even possible) what happened to this poor girl.

I had this happen to me several times in my life (very different situations though) that I needed help and people who were supposed to help me and that I trusted betrayed this trust. I am what you would probably call "middle-aged" and just had this happen for a couple of years with a health professional who made my life hell. I basically lost all hope now and I don't trust anyone anymore and I was an adult when this happened. I think I can understand a little bit how she must be feeling, she is young and if she gets the right help she could start trusting people again after a couple of years, she has her whole life ahead of her (for me it is more or less game over) and might be able to leave this behind her at least to the extent that it won't take over every day of her life. That's at least what I am hoping for her.

And I hope both men get life in prison.

This is one of those times that we need a 'love' / or 'Heart', button on here. 'Like', just doesn't seem to be enough when I read a post like yours. Trust. We all build a life starting with love. The love a mother shares with her newborn child. The trust comes along in the nurturing, the learning, the putting one foot in front of the other.

To send warmest wishes to this young woman, I give you this heartwarming link. If only SLP had found someone like this teacher.

Teacher jumps into action after seeing student riding bike on highway, learns he's trying to save his father's life

Was it any fair for SP to be subjected to TWO rotten apples? Most certainly not! She now deserves to re capture love. Rebuild trust with actual responsible human beings. I deeply pray she succeeds in living a "Lifetime Movie Themed", life! IMO both she, and JC, could have ended up.... Well, too many cases where murder took place. Too too many. Okay, I said I was gonna lurk. Your post made me go looking for something positive. That became this post :)

ETA: Too much cut/paste. I also had this at the top. I hope that you, Miya, can find a good normal for you. I am sad to hear of your experiences :)

It is a good article, thanks for the posting. It seems to me that whatever was found in that examination could be tested for positive identification as to who put it there. That seems like one of the easiest answers to find in this complicated case. How often is an assistant federal DA present at rape examinations? Isn't that odd also?

I'm going to guess that they were covering all the bases, looking at those conversations between the two. I'll bet she has the background for assault cases. I'm sure our lawyers in here can elaborate much more.

It was reading the convo that made it so clear for me. It was so emotionally manipulative and illogical and predatory to me. I felt BR was no good guy the moment I heard he'd been communicating online with a child, encouraged her to record and then send HIM a video of her being raped, and then travelled miles to pick her up and hide her.

But the conversation made it very certain. Because the defense presented the best of what they had and it didn't show a misguided man or a caring one. He was a jerk. He was mean. This poor kid was horrified by the thought of doing what he wanted her to do. She literally said she would lose her mind. And his responses were so callous and cold.

A caring hero would never have responded to a frightened child that way, IMO. No way. E.g. "Just have the camera ready. I mean he's going to rape the hell out of you anyhow so no big deal!"

Geez.

I am trying to lurk, but you and gardner1850 and pommymommy have made so many good posts, provided so much valuable insight & information. Hah IMO! Another 'Love/Heart button' moment to all of you. We knew, or at least suspected. After that CC release, I (and I'm sure many others) was inconsolable. That RP had stolen trust from this child. Most of her formative years subjected to this animal. Can I use that? I'm trying not to allow anger at BR, for how rotten he turned out to be.

You warned us, gitana1, and pointed out the blatantly obvious. Yet, my hopes were for SLP to have been rescued. Not trafficked! Not subjected to more horror. Yeah, that conversation, "KV: So what’s happens between us now bryan" (From Court Doc), I understand completely what this animal is. His cell will be the cage that he deserves. Sorry, if not okay just delete this.

Better days ahead for another survivor. May she find enjoyment in the life that she is starting.

ETA: Correct quote, Court Doc Link

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/court-doc-pdf.168746/

Last edited:

I do recall they were just a few pages back. I do believe they were accompanied by IMO. As in trying to be nice (Hickies) or trying not to become graphic (bruises/bruising). And that's all I'm going to say about that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeEss91