Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though the circumstances of Kathleen's death seem to me to indicate it was personal, I really do want to keep an open mind. Because so many posters are convinced Kathleen was the random victim of a gang attack, I decided to see if I could find a similar random attack. I found one in Virginia in which a young Hispanic man, who was NOT in a gang and apparently was not known to the young Hispanic gang members, was abducted in front of his house, killed, put in the trunk of his car, driven to a park, and the car set on fire. No motive is given. This story proves that a random attack by strangers can happen close to the victim's home with the body disposed of elsewhere in a burning vehicle. However, I think a very important distinction in this case is that the victim and the perps were of the same demographic--young Hispanic males. I think this could indicate either a case of mistaken identity or some type of revenge, such as the victim having a gang-affiliated family member. I don't know of any gangs of middle class, middle-aged Caucasian women, so that probably rules out mistaken identity or revenge as a motive for a gang attack when comparing Kathleen's case with that of the young man in Virginia. So, while keeping my mind open to the possibility of a random gang attack, sadly, I'm still leaning toward it being personal.

"WASHINGTON — The body found inside a burning car March 15 has been identified as a Woodbridge, Virginia, man.

But Prince William County police say Santos Arquimidis Sorto Amaya, 25, was not in any gang — nor was he even known to the suspects.

Three men and a juvenile with ties to the MS-13 gang were charged in the death less than a week after authorities found Sorto Amaya’s body amid the vehicle fire at Woodbridge’s Veterans Park.

Sorto Amaya was last seen leaving his home the morning of March 13 to go to work. Family members reported him missing a day later after he did not show up for work. At the time of that disappearance, authorities said, no signs of foul play were reported.

The victim was abducted in front of his house, fatally shot, then placed in his vehicle’s trunk, investigators found. The suspects allegedly ignited the fire on the morning of March 15 after they drove it to the park. DNA testing was needed to confirm Sorto Amaya’s identity."
Apparent MS-13 victim who was found in burning car identified as Va. man | WTOP

BBM. No one has remotely suggested that there are violent gangs of middle-aged women or that KR is a victim of such an attack or gang. No one has assigned a race to gang violence. No one, except you, has speculated her killer is another white grandmother and I think it is an absurd suggestion and an insult to the victim.

The case you cite, random as it was, took place near the victim's home. KR was traveling in another state. A state that does have a high incidence of gang violence.

JMO

BBM. No one has remotely suggested that there are violent gangs of middle-aged women or that KR is a victim of such an attack or gang. No one has assigned a race to gang violence. No one, except you, has speculated her killer is another white grandmother and I think it is an absurd suggestion and an insult to the victim.

The case you cite, random as it was, took place near the victim's home. KR was traveling in another state. A state that does have a high incidence of gang violence.
JMO

Above quote BBM.
With all due respect, you somehow completely missed my point! In your apparent confusion over my intended meaning, you also severely misrepresented what I wrote. What is absurd, IMO, is your accusing me of insulting the victim. I was IN NO WAY suggesting there were gangs of "violent middle-aged women" attacking people. My point was EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE--because there are NO KNOWN gangs fitting Kathleen's demographic, there would NOT be a possibility of mistaken identity or inter-gang rivalry as a motive, as would be possible when the victim and the accused gang members are of the same demographic. However, because there ARE known gangs of young Hispanic males, it MIGHT BE POSSIBLE that the victim in the Virginia attack--a young Hispanic male of the same demographic as the accused--was a case of mistaken identity or revenge.

Making the observation that a victim is of the same demographic as the gang members facing charges for his murder is not a racist comment, and was NOT AT ALL intended to imply anything of the sort. It is a completely valid point to mention when considering mistaken identity as a possible motive for the crime. MOO.
My mentioning that the victim in Virginia was attacked in front of his home was in regard to a series of earlier posts in which I was criticized by another poster for having an interest in checking for any reported incidents near Kathleen's home around the same time that she was last seen. That poster did not believe random attackers would transport and burn the victim's body, but in the Virginia case it happened. My interest in checking for suspicious incidents was NOT CONNECTED to gangs because I have NOT suspected that her death was gang related. I clearly have not been one of the posters pushing the gang theory. However, because you and a number of other posters have been proposing a gang theory, I decided to search for any gang-related deaths that matched the circumstances of Kathleen's death. I found one that had some startling similarities, but one glaring difference. I, now-regrettably, decided to share it in the interest of considering all possibilities.

I sincerely hope I have clarified the intended meaning of my previous post.

Above quote BBM.
With all due respect, you somehow completely missed my point! In your apparent confusion over my intended meaning, you also severely misrepresented what I wrote. What is absurd, IMO, is your accusing me of insulting the victim. I was IN NO WAY suggesting there were gangs of "violent middle-aged women" attacking people. My point was EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE--because there are NO KNOWN gangs fitting Kathleen's demographic, there would NOT be a possibility of mistaken identity or inter-gang rivalry as a motive, as would be possible when the victim and the accused gang members are of the same demographic. However, because there ARE known gangs of young Hispanic males, it MIGHT BE POSSIBLE that the victim in the Virginia attack--a young Hispanic male of the same demographic as the accused--was a case of mistaken identity or revenge.

Making the observation that a victim is of the same demographic as the gang members facing charges for his murder is not a racist comment, and was NOT AT ALL intended to imply anything of the sort. It is a completely valid point to mention when considering mistaken identity as a possible motive for the crime. MOO.
My mentioning that the victim in Virginia was attacked in front of his home was in regard to a series of earlier posts in which I was criticized by another poster for having an interest in checking for any reported incidents near Kathleen's home around the same time that she was last seen. That poster did not believe random attackers would transport and burn the victim's body, but in the Virginia case it happened. My interest in checking for suspicious incidents was NOT CONNECTED to gangs because I have NOT suspected that her death was gang related. I clearly have not been one of the posters pushing the gang theory. However, because you and a number of other posters have been proposing a gang theory, I decided to search for any gang-related deaths that matched the circumstances of Kathleen's death. I found one that had some startling similarities, but one glaring difference. I, now-regrettably, decided to share it in the interest of considering all possibilities.

BBM. I'm not aware of any poster proposing a "gang theory." All I've seen are posters proposing a member of a gang as a possibility as a perp based on gangs being in Lake County, IL and in Milwaukee, WI.

"NO KNOWN gangs fitting Kathleen's demographic, there would NOT be a possibility of mistaken identity or inter-gang rivalry as a motive," Your words, not mine. afaik, the victim, KR, does NOT meet "the same demographic" as any gang member. I think it is absurd to even suggest the victim, KR, meets "the same demographic" as a gang. There is no supporting evidence that there are "gangs" of elderly women committing crimes. GMAB.

More Than A Thousand Gang Members Live in Lake County: Sheriff's Office

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox6no...n-shot-killed-in-gas-station-parking-lot/amp/

I know you are unfamiliar with the area as is evidenced by your replies. Hopefully the many links that have been provided so far help you understand the city of Milwaukee and surrounding area. All you need to do is Google Milwaukee and you come up with many instances of these kinds of incidents. I’m not saying that any one of these situations are what happened to Kathleen but some of the theories presented are not far fetched.

Milwaukee is one of the most segregated cities in the US.

Milwaukee has miles of mansions along Lake Michigan.

It really has a small town feel to it. Lots of fun things to do there. Lots of very wealthy people there

Above quote BBM.

I am still baffled. The victim in THIS case, KR, has not been identified as known to engage in gang activity or fits any "demographic" as you claim. Again, I have not pushed some kind of "gang theory," I have only presented it as a possibility and there are gangs of all races.

I certainly do not believe a Hispanic is somehow involved in the limited information we have. At this point, it could be any race: KR was a victim.

JMO

I am still baffled. The victim in THIS case, KR, has not been identified as known to engage in gang activity or fits any "demographic" as you claim. Again, I have not pushed some kind of "gang theory," I have only presented it as a possibility and there are gangs of all races.

I certainly do not believe a Hispanic is somehow involved in the limited information we have. At this point, it could be any race: KR was a victim.

JMO

It’s best not to get hung up on any one theory. It gets frustrating when we don’t have any information and start spinning in circles. In the Closs case, there was endless debate on gravel and the layout of the house. Hopefully some news will break, soon. I can’t imagine what the family is going through. What a horrible way to end your life.

BBM. I'm not aware of any poster proposing a "gang theory." All I've seen are posters proposing a member of a gang as a possibility as a perp based on gangs being in Lake County, IL and in Milwaukee, WI.

"NO KNOWN gangs fitting Kathleen's demographic, there would NOT be a possibility of mistaken identity or inter-gang rivalry as a motive," Your words, not mine. afaik, the victim, KR, does NOT meet "the same demographic" as any gang member. I think it is absurd to even suggest the victim, KR, meets "the same demographic" as a gang. There is no supporting evidence that there are "gangs" of elderly women committing crimes. GMAB.

More Than A Thousand Gang Members Live in Lake County: Sheriff's Office
It's obvious the original poster is saying it is not gang related.

This is not personal. Noone is going to go through that to kill someone. Maybe I'm not thinking right but If she was 12 miles from her normal route could LE go back 12 miles and see where that point is? Check all gas station cameras and their receipts around the area she left from to get to this point.

Was the enthusiasm for it being a small town feeling and fun things to do, or the entire claim, including how it is one of the most segregated cities in the US?
Milwaukee has a lot of positives and there are many fun things to do. I’m not a fan of the segregation and violence. Despite its downfalls, I still love the city. We spend a lot of time downtown but we are not ignorant to the violence that does occur on a regular basis. Hopefully at some point leaders can bring the city together. Unfortunately, it has not been successful so far.

Was the enthusiasm for it being a small town feeling and fun things to do, or the entire claim, including how it is one of the most segregated cities in the US?

Milwaukee has and is surrounded by lots of wealth. It is on the shores of Lake Michigan. Lots of fun restaurants, the University, plays, gardens.The famous art museum.

Since it is so highly segregated, the neighborhoods do not mix much. Gangs are not roving the streets and neighborhoods. And if an area or shopping area has had issues, people stay away from them.

I highly recommend the Milwaukee area. Fun fun fun

View Kathleen Ryan's Obituary on fdlreporter.com and share memories

I think the obituary has been shared but I’m sharing it again for reference. Her husband was Peter Remington Ryan. She taught once at Independence School.

I’m not sure if this is ok to share as I’m still new and learning.

Husband was a broker and suspended in 2013. Had 2 large settlements against him.

Also has a restraining order from a school, a school that she taught at. I can’t confirm if he taught there. I wonder if the school filed based on something directly between him and school or if it was related to keeping him away from her at the school? One statement within the record is confusing. Very, very interesting.

Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

BrokerCheck - Find a broker, investment or financial advisor

From the WI Circuit Court Access link above: “10-17-2013 Confidential Address Info. Dom Abuse/Harass”

This is an abbreviation for Domestic Abuse/Harassment.

I think the obituary has been shared but I’m sharing it again for reference. Her husband was Peter Remington Ryan. She taught once at Independence School.

Husband was a broker and suspended in 2013. Had 2 large settlements against him.

Also has a restraining order from a school, a school that she taught at. I can’t confirm if he taught there. I wonder if the school filed based on something directly between him and school or if it was related to keeping him away from her at the school? One statement within the record is confusing. Very, very interesting.

Interesting that the schools restraining order was dated Oct 2013 and was for 4 years plus the reason states domestic abuse/ harassment.

It was a trip to visit her children and grandchildren in another state. Doesn't matter if it was one hour or three, her license plates were from out-of-state.

I think LE is likely tracing her credit card activity to see if she made any large purchases or withdrawals.

JMO
I live adjacent to both a state border and international border. Its not unusual to see out of state plates or even international plates. Its very similar in that part of the country: Michigan/Illinois/Wisconsin. I am originally from there. It wouldn’t make someone a target.

Also has a restraining order from a school, a school that she taught at. I can’t confirm if he taught there. (Edited to add) I do think he taught there. Board minutes hiring him as asst. football coach. https://www.indps.k12.wi.us/cms_files/resources/7-3-13 minutes mh (1)Paul Vine revisions.docx I wonder if the school filed based on something directly between him and school or if it was related to keeping him away from her at the school? One statement within the record is confusing. Very, very interesting.

Good find- adds a whole new dimension to this

From the WI Circuit Court Access link above: “10-17-2013 Confidential Address Info. Dom Abuse/Harass”

This is an abbreviation for Domestic Abuse/Harassment.

Interesting that the schools restraining order was dated Oct 2013 and was for 4 years plus the reason states domestic abuse/ harassment.

I’ve since edited my post after I discovered he worked there then as well. He was Asst. football coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus