Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The talk of taxis has unearthed a further thought from me.
I recently went off to a distant wedding and got the details and number of a taxi firm from the hotel that I was heading for.I did not pre-book a taxi, but when I arrived at the relevant railway station, a (signwritten) taxi of that firm was waiting, I couldn't get a phone signal to phone them so I approached the driver who was waiting for his own customer, and asked him to contact them for me, he said he would phone his brother for me, then told me the colour of his brother's car and where it would park (further back). The car was not signwritten, and I only realised later that his 'brother' was not working for the same firm, and the legitimate taxi driver had likely put me in contact with an illegal one. I then figured that to have one member working legally, would be a great scam for a group of illegal operatives to get business, because they would also see plenty of drunken people in need of a ride. I had no problem using the taxi in question because of the time of day and all other circumstances.

Hmmm. This has also made me wish we had concrete info on the exact whereabouts of Libby when P. first exits his car and then returns for a cigarette before walking to the corner again. If he was operating as an illegal taxi and there was somehow an arrangement in place for him to meet Libby, it is possible that she wandered/ got the wrong street corner/ bench. Maybe he is waiting for Libby to appear. Walks round corner. Libby has reappeared, she gets in car, and that is why her address was on his Sat Nav (according to his sister.) I suppose if you are taxi driving all night it could explain not being dressed for the weather aswell, expecting to be in a car all night.

'Twas indeed me. I'm like the Websleuths tourist board, Aberfeldy branch lol. HH & LJ will see any comments posted on there, they are both still around from time to time.

Found Deceased - UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

Sorry for derailing Libby's thread but it's at times like this, when things get quiet, that it's perfect for a bit of uplifting reading. Only 42 pages too, not a patch on what we've covered here!

Read this last night. Beautiful. I slept better than I have in a while afterwards.

The taxi thing is pure speculation.

I do not recall seeing anything resembling evidence of this idea.

See The Telegraph from 8 Feb, I recall this was speculation from the sister of PR (cannot quote as behind paywall).

Hi all. Been lurking for a while. My theory, PR was her 'taxi' driver home. He helped the police with their enquiries... They may have been alerted by something from him but wanted to keep him on side to keep under obs hence the 'he was ever so helpful' to the press.
PR therefore knew LS was drunk and vulnerable. He may have even suggested that if she can't get in to her house that she could wait for him at the bench and he'll taxi her back to her mates
The lack of updates/info released by LE says to me that they made a booboo somewhere early on in the investigation... Be this not following through on a mega lead or maybe even underestimating PR.

This has ran around my mind time and time again and would explain the Sat Nav thing if that turns out to be true. I can’t decide if this is a totally bonkers theory or not though so interested to see if anyone else has had this on their mind! Maybe what the sister is saying has more truth in it than we assume. Libby being young and very drunk could have had some sort of interaction with P. on journey from Welly, he (trying to be a good boy for sake of work) told her he has a wife, Libby becomes embarrassed/ upset, leaves taxi. Doesn’t want to be alone but doesn’t want to get back in car either. P. returns to her at bench, possibly seen her after picking up next fare or watched her from she stumbled off down the street. He approaches her says something along the lines of come on, let’s just get you home...Libby gets into car

See The Telegraph from 8 Feb, I recall this was speculation from the sister of PR (cannot quote as behind paywall).

Correct, it was part of a garbled and stressed statement from family, possibly translated from Polish. As was the bit about Satnav.

Welcome, by the way!

Hmmm. This has also made me wish we had concrete info on the exact whereabouts of Libby when P. first exits his car and then returns for a cigarette before walking to the corner again. If he was operating as an illegal taxi and there was somehow an arrangement in place for him to meet Libby, it is possible that she wandered/ got the wrong street corner/ bench. Maybe he is waiting for Libby to appear. Walks round corner. Libby has reappeared, she gets in car, and that is why her address was on his Sat Nav (according to his sister.) I suppose if you are taxi driving all night it could explain not being dressed for the weather aswell, expecting to be in a car all night.

If LS needed a taxi it is highly unlikely she would have needed to call (an illegal) one. The bench is situated on one of the busiest roads in Hull, it is more plausible that someone who needed a taxi in that location (and didn't have a phone or a number of a reputable firm) would put their arm out and attempt to flag down passing cabs/cars.

This has ran around my mind time and time again and would explain the Sat Nav thing if that turns out to be true. I can’t decide if this is a totally bonkers theory or not though so interested to see if anyone else has had this on their mind! Maybe what the sister is saying has more truth in it than we assume. Libby being young and very drunk could have had some sort of interaction with P. on journey from Welly, he (trying to be a good boy for sake of work) told her he has a wife, Libby becomes embarrassed/ upset, leaves taxi. Doesn’t want to be alone but doesn’t want to get back in car either. P. returns to her at bench, possibly seen her after picking up next fare or watched her from she stumbled off down the street. He approaches her says something along the lines of come on, let’s just get you home...Libby gets into car
He wasnt the original taxi driver the police said was very helpful. The police explicit said the man they were holding wasn't him

I have just read this in daily mail I will post link at bottom.

This is in connection with a man who went missing last June. There has already been a conviction for his murder.

"
The body of William 'Bill' Taylor was found in the River Hiz in the village of Charlton, Hertfordshire on Sunday, January 10 by a passerby.

Mr Taylor, 69, was last seen seven months ago at his home in Gosmore at around 9pm - eight days before his 70th birthday on June 11.

He was reported missing the next day.

Hertfordshire Police launched an intensive search for the missing man throughout the summer last year - but were unable to find a trace.

Officers had even searched the area where the body was found when the millionaire had been missing for three-and-a-half months.

** the police searched and failed to find this man's body and it was found in a river 7 MONTHS later**

Police confirm body found in river is millionaire farmer who vanished seven months ago | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:

Wait a minute, I'm sure the "very helpful" remark from the police was regarding beardy man who stopped to help? And if P was operating as an illegal taxi and has admitted as much, then surely the police would have added that to his charge list?

The taxi driver took her back to her house.She was seen my her neighbour Tom who was with a male friend and they see her fall over a few times and did not help but said it was strange how she was walking away from her house.

If LS needed a taxi it is highly unlikely she would have needed to call (an illegal) one. The bench is situated on one of the busiest roads in Hull, it is more plausible that someone who needed a taxi in that location (and didn't have a phone or a number of a reputable firm) would put their arm out and attempt to flag down passing cabs/cars.

Yes, I agree. I don’t think Libby would have called an illegal taxi, I’m thinking more that during taxi journey number 1, something happened, which led to an arrangement to be at that bench for a pick up or it was the same driver, or the taxi that was picking her neighbours up returning to her. Not sure if I’m making sense. Been a long week Too many cars and benches involved. It bothers me.

Yes, I agree. I don’t think Libby would have called an illegal taxi, I’m thinking more that during taxi journey number 1, something happened, which led to an arrangement to be at that bench for a pick up or it was the same driver, or the taxi that was picking her neighbours up returning to her. Not sure if I’m making sense. Been a long week Too many cars and benches involved. It bothers me.
I agree she could of walked to The Haworth pub which is 2 minutes from where she was at the bench

Wait a minute, I'm sure the "very helpful" remark from the police was regarding beardy man who stopped to help? And if P was operating as an illegal taxi and has admitted as much, then surely the police would have added that to his charge list?

LS's mum and the police have categorically stated that LS arrived home (Wellesley Ave) in a taxi from the Welly Club at (as fact) the very specific time of 11:29. This suggests the taxi most probably had time-stamped CCTV, which is also why they don't suspect the taxi driver. If they knew (as fact) that she had got into an illegal taxi you would have expected Police to have asked the public, at an early stage, if they had seen a particular type of car touting for business.

I have just read this in daily mail I will post link at bottom.

This is in connection with a man who went missing last June. There has already been a conviction for his murder.

"
The body of William 'Bill' Taylor was found in the River Hiz in the village of Charlton, Hertfordshire on Sunday, January 10 by a passerby.

Mr Taylor, 69, was last seen seven months ago at his home in Gosmore at around 9pm - eight days before his 70th birthday on June 11.

He was reported missing the next day.

Hertfordshire Police launched an intensive search for the missing man throughout the summer last year - but were unable to find a trace.

Officers had even searched the area where the body was found when the millionaire had been missing for three-and-a-half months.

** the police searched and failed to find this man's body and it was found in a river 7 MONTHS later**

Police confirm body found in river is millionaire farmer who vanished seven months ago | Daily Mail Online

Here's the thread for Bill Taylor. There hasn't been a conviction yet though ;) all ongoing.

Found Deceased - UK - William "Bill" Taylor, 70, Gosmore, Hertfordshire, 3 June 2018

I agree she could of walked to The Haworth pub which is 2 minutes from where she was at the bench

She was spotted on the bench at approximately 11:45pm. Nearby, Haworth pub and the Sainsbury's Local would have still been open. Plus, there are loads of takeaways around there. I also recall seeing on a Hull Daily Mail Facebook comment that a lady was picking up her boyfriend who worked in one of the shops at the same time...she said the place was buzzing with people leaving the pubs/takeaways. If LS needed help, there would have been public places to go just metres away.

LS's mum and the police have categorically stated that LS arrived home (Wellesley Ave) in a taxi from the Welly Club at (as fact) the very specific time of 11:29. This suggests the taxi most probably had time-stamped CCTV, which is also why they don't suspect the taxi driver. If they knew (as fact) that she had got into an illegal taxi you would have expected Police to have asked the public, at an early stage, if they had seen a particular type of car touting for business.

Also, the police have said the taxi driver is NOT a suspect. Neither is the grey haired motorist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419