TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

"Moving to new lead" means nothing was found

Sheriff Chody confirms dig related to Rachel Cooke, moving to new lead

From the article linked above, the dig was in progress. I don't see anywhere that it's said " Nothing was found, so we're moving on to new leads".

Isn't it possible that something WAS found, thus a new lead is being followed? I'm not necessarily referring to her remains but perhaps objects related to a crime against her.
If I missed a news article that said " We found nothing, so we're looking at a new lead", I'd like to read it.

After this length of time, " new leads" don't happen very often and this case has had almost NONE. Ever.
The car in Dallas was the last lead we knew about and apparently it's locked down or was non-productive in the end. Possibly DNA and other forensic testing is not complete.

Prayers for justice for Rachel. Her mother needs to know what happened to her. We all do, to a lesser extent than her parents, then her mom alone, do.

This story sites that Rachel's mother was contacted prior to the dig, but doesn't give much more detail.

Few details of Georgetown dig, but Sheriff called Rachel Cooke's mom

From the above link:
dig%20map_1545232485220.JPG_65439761_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Map of the area near the Williamson County Sheriff's Office dig Dec. 18, 2018 (KXAN Map)

“The excavation happened just south of Farm to Market Road 971, along the eastern edge or State Highway 130.”

“Sheriff Chody said the dig was initiated after his office received a tip...”

“At age 19, Cooke disappeared early in the morning on Jan. 10, 2002, when she went out for her daily four-mile run. Cooke did not return and was last seen around 200-yards away from her home, walking towards the residence.“

This sounds very similar to Mollie Tibbet’s case.
—-

Car recovered tests positive for 'presence of blood' in Rachel Cooke disappearance

The results from the car are back.

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday tests indicate the possible blood was found on an item on the passenger floorboard and on an item on the passenger door of a 1998 Pantiac Trans Am.

Also from the above link:

“Sheriff Robert Chody said in April 2017 he was creating a cold case team to work on Cooke's case to help create new leads.“

—-

RACHEL LOUISE COOKE
[video=youtube;hZiNcsuSuH0]

RACHEL LOUISE COOKE
January 10, 2002 Georgetown, Texas
Photo taken in 2002
DESCRIPTION
Photo taken in 2002
Date(s) of Birth Used: May 10, 1982
Place of Birth: Georgetown, Texas
Hair: Blonde with high/low lights
Eyes: Blue/Hazel
Height: 5'3" (At time of disappearance)
Weight: 115 pounds (At time of disappearance)
Sex: Female
Race: White
Scars and Marks: Rachel has two heart-shaped cherries tattooed on her left shoulder and a black star tattooed on her left foot near her pinky toe. Rachel also has multiple ear piercings and a naval piercing.
REWARD
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $50,000 for information leading to the location of Rachel Louise Cooke.
REMARKS
Rachel was wearing a gray running outfit, a green sports bra, and Asics running shoes. She was also wearing a yellow Walkman on her arm with sports-style headphones.
DETAILS
Rachel was visiting her parents' home in Georgetown, Texas, in early 2002. She was on winter vacation from her school at San Diego Mesa College in San Diego, California. She was last seen by her family in the early morning hours on January 10, 2002, when her mother left for work. It is believed Rachel departed her family's residence at approximately 9:30 a.m. for her daily four-mile run. Rachel was last seen approximately 200 yards away from her residence walking towards her residence.
If you have any information concerning this person, please call 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324) or submit a tip online at tips.fbi.gov.
You may also contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. Field Office: San Antonio

Last edited:
FBI Unveils Billboard of Woman Missing for 17 Years
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Texas – More than 17 years after her disappearance the Federal Bureau of Investigation has not stopped looking for Rachel Cooke.
On May 10, what would have been Cooke’s 37th birthday, the FBI unveiled a new billboard offering a reward to find her. The reward to find Cooke is now up $100,000.

Any updates on this? Rachel used to babysit my husband before her disappearance. They’re are a couple of theories but I can’t find much truth to any of them online. Do we know who owned the white Trans Am they searched? This just breaks my heart someone must know something. This is gone on too long. Search Continues: FBI places billboards of missing Rachel Cooke along I-35

Any updates on this? Rachel used to babysit my husband before her disappearance. They’re are a couple of theories but I can’t find much truth to any of them online. Do we know who owned the white Trans Am they searched? This just breaks my heart someone must know something. This is gone on too long. Search Continues: FBI places billboards of missing Rachel Cooke along I-35
When they found the car, I was hoping - even though a lot of years have passed - that LE found SOMETHING to link the car to Rachel. I'm still hoping there is forensic work being done.

This is interesting.

New sketches of persons of interest released on 18th anniversary of Rachel Cooke's disappearance

1562d231-18bc-4799-b0ad-0fccdf8930d7_750x422.jpg

Updated sketches of Persons of Interest

GEORGETOWN, Texas — On the 18th anniversary of Rachel Cooke's disappearance, the cold case unit at the Williamson County Sheriff's Office has released two sketches of persons of interest in her case.

"Several months ago, the cold case unit along with our partners with the FBI and our forensic artist, Natalie Murray, began to recreate the original drawings that were done," said Detective Jason Cox, with the Williamson County Sheriff's Office. "So she sat down, re-interviewed the original witnesses and she was able to come up with a digital--new digital sketch of the suspects from the original witnesses."

The photos were released hours after her family held a remembrance ceremony in Cooke's honor.

"Who’s ever responsible, I never want them to feel any comfort. I want them to know we’re going to work this every single day until we come up with a resolution for the family," said Cox.

The sheriff's office said there is a $100,000 reward for information leading to Cooke's body. Information and tips can be submitting by calling 1-800-CALL-FBI or 512-943-5204 or by emailing coldcasetips@wilco.org.

This is interesting.

New sketches of persons of interest released on 18th anniversary of Rachel Cooke's disappearance

1562d231-18bc-4799-b0ad-0fccdf8930d7_750x422.jpg

Updated sketches of Persons of Interest

GEORGETOWN, Texas — On the 18th anniversary of Rachel Cooke's disappearance, the cold case unit at the Williamson County Sheriff's Office has released two sketches of persons of interest in her case.

"Several months ago, the cold case unit along with our partners with the FBI and our forensic artist, Natalie Murray, began to recreate the original drawings that were done," said Detective Jason Cox, with the Williamson County Sheriff's Office. "So she sat down, re-interviewed the original witnesses and she was able to come up with a digital--new digital sketch of the suspects from the original witnesses."

The photos were released hours after her family held a remembrance ceremony in Cooke's honor.

"Who’s ever responsible, I never want them to feel any comfort. I want them to know we’re going to work this every single day until we come up with a resolution for the family," said Cox.

The sheriff's office said there is a $100,000 reward for information leading to Cooke's body. Information and tips can be submitting by calling 1-800-CALL-FBI or 512-943-5204 or by emailing coldcasetips@wilco.org.
Yes, it is interesting. That is the first I've heard of the results from the car. And NEW sketches? I never saw the originals!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back