CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #39 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Coming out of lurkdom to post an article from an hour ago, sorry if repost: )

Patrick Frazee set for preliminary hearing Tuesday
Feb 18, 2019 Updated: 1 hour ago

—-

ETA:
I see gliving already posted this, sorry for duplicate, not sure if there was anything new in the updated article.

CRIPPLE CREEK, Colo. – The preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing his fiancée Kelsey Berreth, is set to begin Tuesday morning in a Teller County courtroom, where prosecutors will try to show the court they have enough probable cause to continue with the felony charges against him.

Patrick Frazee set for preliminary hearing Tuesday

Last edited:
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
LOOKING AHEAD: Patrick Frazee is due in court tomorrow for a preliminary hearing. We should learn what evidence prosecutors have against him. Frazee could enter a plea. Here's a preview & look back at the timeline. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @KOAA

Patrick Frazee due in court for preliminary hearing Tuesday
The man suspected in the presumed murder of missing Woodland Park mother Kelsey Berreth is due in court Tuesday.

Tuesday’s hearing is a preliminary hearing, essentially deciding whether the case will head to a trial. Prosecutors will present the evidence they have against Frazee to establish probable cause — evidence that has been under seal since his arrest. The defense has the chance to challenge the case against Frazee.

Frazee, Berreth’s fiancé, could also enter a plea at the hearing. Prosecutors have said the evidence should against him should also be released Tuesday.

SBM
Prosecutors will present the evidence they have against Frazee to establish probable cause — evidence that has been under seal since his arrest. The defense has the chance to challenge the case against Frazee.

I'm anxiously waiting for tomorrow's hearing......
cowboy1-smiley.gif
waiting1-smiley.gif

Cracker Barrel has already confirmed they are cooperating with the authorities on the investigation. We won't need to speculate here.

No doubt CB long ago provided WPPD/LE every detail of her conversations with PF, including his claim that the couple allegedly met at Cracker Barrel on Thanksgiving. Again, I think prosecutors have this detail by now.

Feb 16, 2019

Frazee allegedly told Cheryl that he and Kelsey had broken up on Thanksgiving Day and agreed to split custody of their daughter. That same day, Kelsey left Kaylee with Frazee while she “figured out what she was going to do,” according to the phone call documented in the amended complaint.

According to the documents, Frazee told Cheryl Berreth that he met Kelsey on Thanksgiving at a Cracker Barrel restaurant in Colorado Springs.

“We are fully cooperating with the authorities on their investigation at this time,” Cracker Barrel spokeswoman Breeanna Straessle told ABC News late Friday night. bbm

KELSEY BERRETH MURDER MOTIVE: Possible motive for missing Colorado mom's murder surfaces in new documents

I was just reading back through some articles regarding PF's date with the court tomorrow and saw it mentioned again that LE believes KB was killed in her condo, evidence taken out in bags, etc... and the ladder....it got me thinking.... does anyone know/recall if the fireplace in her condo was propane or wood burning?

No specific thought behind it either way..... just curious! TIA

I was just reading back through some articles regarding PF's date with the court tomorrow and saw it mentioned again that LE believes KB was killed in her condo, evidence taken out in bags, etc... and the ladder....it got me thinking.... does anyone know/recall if the fireplace in her condo was propane or wood burning?

No specific thought behind it either way..... just curious! TIA

Neither......it natural gas. The meter is on the back of the condo. IMO

BBM: Yep!

Also, much as I can't stand the woman, if PF were ever to take a plea deal (unlikely), it would in large part be precisely because of KK's willingness to testify against him and the fact that her testimony would likely cement his cowboy boots in a concrete cell.

So, in that sense, even if PF were to plead out, KK's anticipated testimony would have had value, and in that respect, she would have held up her end of the deal in terms of helping secure a conviction.

Excellent thinking, thank you

So you’re saying the 70 pound weight difference, and the fact that they look absolutely nothing alike, means that she couldn’t have pretended to be her?!

Yeah. I don’t think that’s likely either.
Oh MG, you said it much more delicately than I had typed out so I decided to delete my response, but....ummmmm,
nope, nuh uh, no, not possible. :p

That makes allot of sense too. SMH at all of PF's lies.
I'm smh right along with you NS, but am actually grateful for them. Seems like LE/CB gave him enough rope early on <before his self imposed do not speak stance> to hang himself.

I admit I'm kind of shocked he spilled as much as he did to CB, but I think she was a Momma Bear not letting go until he answered some of her questions. CB reminds me of the Shakespeare quote:

"And though she be but little, she is Fierce" :)

Justice for Kelsey!

I've snipped this long article down to the new info. Please click link to read entire article in context.

Prosecutors expected to explain why they believe Patrick Frazee was responsible for Kelsey Berreth's death
“Preliminary hearings are designed to weed out a weak case,” 9NEWS legal expert Scott Robinson said. “So, the prosecution needs to put on evidence, but just enough to show there is probable cause for the charges."

“And for the defense, it’s an opportunity to find out everything they can about the prosecution’s case that might not have been revealed in the police reports, the discovery.”

It's unclear if Krystal Kenney will testify at the preliminary hearing. Earlier this month, the 32-year-old Idaho nurse pleaded guilty to one count of tampering with physical evidence in regards to Berreth’s disappearance and said she will testify against Frazee.

District Attorney Dan May said he could not comment on the current location of Berreth’s phone. Previously, police said that her phone pinged in Gooding, Idaho on Nov. 25. That same day, Berreth’s employer received a text from that number saying she wouldn’t be at her job as a flight instructor the ensuing week.

“At this point, authorities have not found the body of Kelsey Berreth,” Robinson said. “And that’s expected to be the only weakness in the prosecution’s case unless they can explain why the absence of a corpse doesn’t matter in the context of this case.”

“The preliminary hearing will reveal for the first time three critical areas,” Robinson said. “No. 1: why are the police convinced that Kelsey Berreth is dead and that she was killed in her own home? No. 2: who did Patrick Frazee allegedly solicit to kill his fiancée and did that individual commit the actual homicide or was it Frazee himself?

“And finally, what connection – other than the disposal of the phone and the use of it to put authorities off from the scent – did the nurse from Idaho, Krystal Kenney – what was her role?”

Robinson also said the preliminary hearing could reveal how Kenney knew Frazee or Berreth.

Whoa! Thanks, gliving!

I have read and read again most documents and it SF said anything about PF being at her house Thanksgiving I did not see it , I do not think we have heard much of anything from SF that I recall. Silence is Golden in that family.

I think this a confused memory of some statement that PF "never left Colorado." Do not recall the source or if it was true, but it came up when it was reported that KB's phone pinged in Idaho.

As to Thanksgiving, is it possible that the F's did not have a Thanksgiving dinner? Some one working; no one wanting or able to cook; some other situation? Not sleuthing, but there seems to be a sense that there had to be a dinner and KB should have been invited, but maybe there was no dinner this year.

Seriously, folks! Every available spot between Woodland Park and Colorado Springs has a house or business on it. Once you hit the Springs and veer onto I-25 northward toward Denver, you are passing within a few miles of 3,656,301 people.......most of which have two eyes to see you with. When I was young, we had back roads and separate little towns. Not true today. Now you have quaint, more scenic streets and the older parts of massive subdivisions.
The only way I see he could have ditched a body in Colorado Springs would be to drive her car out to somewhere around Powers Road, spray it with automatic weapons fire, and leave the body in the driver's seat with an empty Uzi beside it on the front seat. They seem find them like that every few weeks. IMO
yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member