Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LS didn't live at #15 the police would need a good reason to luminol it in full CSI gear. It hasn't been said that she was spotted at a nearby house. Why would they be looking for blood on a friend's house without a narrative or person of interest? If it wasn't her house, the media who photographed it would have been going crazy with theories. For me, the most likely scenario is that the house with CSI was LS' house and her parents visited a friend's house because LS's house was sealed off.

I might be wrong, but I'm not going to assume her house is #32 just because her parents are alleged to have visited it and the local paper (not renowned for accuracy) featured a random picture of it.

I haven't followed Libbys case from the very start so wasn't sure which was her house but tend to agree it's more likely the one with forensics at the door.
There are so many places she could be. I still can't personally rule out the three places of water around where she lived but the allotment down Oak Road is massive and I've not heard that has been searched. Access is blocked off with the usual metal fence and a key is needed to get in the gate but there could be many sheds in there where the people who have the allotments have not visited yet as it is still very early in the year.

I'm not convinced it's #32. Maybe it is, but why would they luminol #15 and not the place where she is said on here to have actually lived? There are no photos of forensics or police outside #32, to my knowledge.

I have seen one photo in MSN of officers with equipment outside number 32 and one photo of her parents leaving the house. We can’t be sure either way. I had thought that perhaps number 17 was the scene of one of P’s crimes and they were trying to link it. JMO.

I'm not convinced it's #32. Maybe it is, but why would they luminol #15 and not the place where she is said on here to have actually lived? There are no photos of forensics or police outside #32, to my knowledge.

Maybe because they already know she didn't enter her house? 15 could be a house where a registered sex offender lives (utter speculation on my part but there was a reference early on to a nearby sex offender's house being searched) or even where PR pleasured himself earlier in Jan?

Agree it is odd the media haven't been focusing on it though - maybe police warded them off if someone at 15 was a potential suspect?

Maybe because they already know she didn't enter her house? 15 could be a house where a registered sex offender lives (utter speculation on my part but there was a reference early on to a nearby sex offender's house being searched) or even where PR pleasured himself earlier in Jan?

Agree it is odd the media haven't been focusing on it though - maybe police warded them off if someone at 15 was a potential suspect?

I thought luminol was for trace amounts of BLOOD? Again, seems unlikely the police would suit up for CSI of a random/friend's house she may have stumbled past (or somewhere PR was alleged previously spotted) without a narrative that she (or a perpetrator) was hurt in some way, and therefore may have deposited blood on the door. Wouldn't common sense suggest they would CSI the house where she actually lived and was dropped off? If that was #32, where are the images? The street was a hive of media activity.

The taxi driver who took Libby home is not a suspect and we have no evidence to suggest that P. was operating as an illegal driver - and, at the moment we don’t know why the woman in CCTV got into smoking mans car, or even if said man is P! However, here is just one article out of many discussing illegal taxis in Hull. BBC Inside Out - Taxi troubles

This one is from 2003 but there are many recent articles from reliable MSN sources conveying that the same problem stands

Last edited by a moderator:
I would add that I do not think Haworth Street is a hive for illegal taxis. I walk past and through it fairly regularly and I've never noticed or heard anything of the sort. However, it may be somewhere that cars occasionally stop to pick up people from Haworth (the pub) as there is no other nearby parking on that side of the main road. If you were going to the shops\takeaways on the opposite side of Beverley Road though, you would likely park down Beresford or in the bays outside the shops. Don't see why you would park at that end of Haworth for the shops unless you were approaching from Cottingham Road.

Libby Squire: The inspirational big sister still missing from Hull

As usual, I was hoping to wake up to an update :(
Just a new post from Hull Live, sharing information to keep Libby in people's minds <3

The fear is that Libby’s plight might soon slip to the back of people’s minds.
But we have to remember that a young woman with so much to look forward to and with such loving support has just vanished and we need to remember the person and not just the name.

Sounds like police are certain it is PR but just need more evidence to prove it, doesn’t sound like they are seeking anyone else in connection with her disappearance and there are no police warnings to young women to take extra care when out at night or telling young women not to venture out alone which would be the case if they thought a kidnapper/murderer was on the loose in the area

I have seen one photo in MSN of officers with equipment outside number 32 and one photo of her parents leaving the house. We can’t be sure either way. I had thought that perhaps number 17 was the scene of one of P’s crimes and they were trying to link it. JMO.
Re no.15 v no.32. Is there a map with house numbers anywhere?

ETA: Good Morning

Libby Squire: The inspirational big sister still missing from Hull

As usual, I was hoping to wake up to an update :(
Just a new post from Hull Live, sharing information to keep Libby in people's minds <3

I think public searches need to be organised. The chance of the public disturbing evidence is diminishing and the most important thing is for LS's family to get answers. Every green public space in Hull should be searched, the River Hull should be regularly walked, searches should then be expanded to areas accessible by car in the East Riding. This needs to be done ASAP, while LS is still front of mind of locals who can get together and help.

Sounds like police are certain it is PR but just need more evidence to prove it, doesn’t sound like they are seeking anyone else in connection with her disappearance and there are no police warnings to young women to take extra care when out at night or telling young women not to venture out alone which would be the case if they thought a kidnapper/murderer was on the loose in the area

I think they're pretty certain they've got their man and they're just waiting for enough evidence to present itself so they stand a chance of getting a proper conviction.

It did occur to me that someone could have been involved after she got in the car. Nothing pre-medidated, but if she passed out and he saw an opportunity to assault her, he could have phoned a friend/driven to meet one. It's not uncommon in cases where passed out women are sexually assaulted. A second person may have had chance to conceal things better then PR was arrested.

It's such a sad case, it must be so horrible for her family. I feel so sorry for everyone who knows her.

Yes - it looks very much like they're certain they have their man but can't yet prove that he harmed her, primarily because Libby has not yet been found. Until she is found, the police may struggle to press charges.

I think public searches need to be organised. The chance of the public disturbing evidence is diminishing and the most important thing is for LS's family to get answers. Every green public space in Hull should be searched, the River Hull should be regularly walked, searches should then be expanded to areas accessible by car in the East Riding. This needs to be done ASAP, while LS is still front of mind of locals who can get together and help.

Agree, sadly the reality is that it is 99.9% certain she is dead, if she was kidnapped/held against her will there has been no ransom or demands or anything and even if PR had her hostage somewhere there is no way she could survive all the time he has been in custody with no food/water etc

Her parents deserve ‘closure’ and her body returned to them for burial etc, hope the searches you talk about happen

I think more houses will have got Luminol’d , not just 15, just happens that’s the one that got photographed. There were pictures of other properties getting searched too.

Fancy a walk down there to see if you can suss it either way?

I think they're pretty certain they've got their man and they're just waiting for enough evidence to present itself so they stand a chance of getting a proper conviction.

It did occur to me that someone could have been involved after she got in the car. Nothing pre-medidated, but if she passed out and he saw an opportunity to assault her, he could have phoned a friend/driven to meet one. It's not uncommon in cases where passed out women are sexually assaulted. A second person may have had chance to conceal things better then PR was arrested.

It's such a sad case, it must be so horrible for her family. I feel so sorry for everyone who knows her.

I am not an expert on the subject but i believe there is a number plate recognition thing the police have where they can trace where a car has been based on its number plate so if he had gone off to meet an accomplice or had left Hull to bury a body near where he works or something then the police could trace where his car has been

I am not an expert on the subject but i believe there is a number plate recognition thing the police have where they can trace where a car has been based on its number plate so if he had gone off to meet an accomplice or had left Hull to bury a body near where he works or something then the police could trace where his car has been

That's interesting, I didn't know about that, it must be the number plate thing that made the police so sure they need to be in that park.

I imagine she hasn't been found due to blind luck on PR's part, he doesn't strike me as a criminal master mind.

Re no.15 v no.32. Is there a map with house numbers anywhere?

ETA: Good Morning

I think more houses will have got Luminol’d , not just 15, just happens that’s the one that got photographed. There were pictures of other properties getting searched too.

Fancy a walk down there to see if you can suss it either way?

A huge number of houses were searched. I know someone who had their house searched, as did all their neighbours. It appears that only one was luminol'd. If I can see anything in passing, I'll let you know.

That's interesting, I didn't know about that, it must be the number plate thing that made the police so sure they need to be in that park.

I imagine she hasn't been found due to blind luck on PR's part, he doesn't strike me as a criminal master mind.

Those are ANPR cameras, most police cars have them. There are also fixed cameras dotted around the country, mostly on motorways, but there doesn't seem to be a public database. There is a large Police HQ on Clough Road though, very close to the Haworth area, so it's possible PR's car reg was picked up by a passing police car.

Reactions: bos
Re 15 vs 32, the Sun published a map that seems to circle 15 as her home but it's the Sun, so take with a pinch of salt:
5 clues that could solve mystery of missing Libby who vanished on night out

MSM outlets were careful to say forensics were swabbing only "a" property on Wellesley Ave but I appreciate this is may be standard reporting protocol dating back to the quaint old days before all had access to Streetview, so probably doesn't imply anything either way.

I've not been able to find the pic of her parents visiting 32, searching through the threads - could someone who remembers this repost the link? I think it may have been the Sun (so, again, pinch of salt!)

US Sleuthers: pinch of salt = treat with caution, just in case that's lost in translation!

A huge number of houses were searched. I know someone who had their house searched, as did all their neighbours. It appears that only one was luminol'd. If I can see anything in passing, I'll let you know.
Hello :)

When the houses were searched, did the police give anything away or ask any questions, aside from the obvious "did you see anything suspicious?"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal