NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

I think you mean to see whether the prosecution can show that?

There have been plenty of other witnesses and documents presented in court. From what I've seen, they are not relying on Cohen to make their case.
Yes I made a mistake. I haven't seen any evidence about the actual business records yet. Just one link that mentions a chart made by a prosecution paralegal. JMO.

Last edited:
I agree there’s no redemption for him. If he wanted an attempt at redemption he wouldn’t be doing what he’s doing now on tik tok. He comes across as vindictive. imo

I wish the defense would enlarge a screen shot from tik tok and place it front and center as he testifies. moo
Seems like he only cares about himself. Not sure why this judge doesn't issue a gag order on Michael Cohen like he has with Trump. JMO.

Judge Juan Merchan asked ex-Trump attorney Michael Cohen on Friday to stop publicly commenting about former President Donald Trump’s criminal trial—but denied a request to impose a gag order against him—as Trump’s onetime “fixer” is slated to take the stand Monday as the trial’s central witness.

The FBI have just released a set of documents, which are part of the evidence in this trial. The documents were released due to an ongoing FOIA lawsuit.

This is a link to the documents.

The link was provided in this Bloomberg article - the article explains each document.

I agree there’s no redemption for him. If he wanted an attempt at redemption he wouldn’t be doing what he’s doing now on tik tok. He comes across as vindictive. imo

I wish the defense would enlarge a screen shot from tik tok and place it front and center as he testifies. moo
Of course Cohen comes across as vindictive. He believes Trump set him up to take the fall for Trump's crimes. Now, Prosecutors are using Cohen--and all the evidence he has provide--to take Trump down.

JMO

Five months after the raid, he said he was willing to plead guilty to all crimes and prosecutors prepared a document for Cohen to sign.

It said Cohen had worked "in concert with" and "coordinated with" Trump to buy the silence of Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels, intending to help Trump's presidential campaign.

At first, it seemed like Michael Cohen's plan had come together, but something was going on behind the scenes.

There were forces at work to protect the president.

It turns out that Trump-appointed officials at the top of the Justice Department were allegedly ordering prosecutors to cut out as many references to Trump as possible.

The following day, Cohen was presented with a 21-page document. Nineteen pages had been cut out, including key sections implicating the president.

It was Cohen's worst nightmare. Trump was going to get away with it, and Cohen was going to jail for three years.

The gloves were off. Cohen and his lawyers told anyone who would answer their phone that he was ready to tell the world everything he knew about Donald Trump.

Cohen brought all the receipts. He handed over everything he had on Trump.

There shouldn't be any "angry employees of the federal government" targeting American citizens that they want to go after. But I'm afraid your right and it does happen. JMO.
The angry federal employees are targeting a corrupt American politician who not only has committed serious financial crimes but is also so arrogant, he thinks our nation's laws don't apply to him.

JMO

The angry federal employees are targeting a corrupt American politician who not only has committed serious financial crimes but is also so arrogant, he thinks our nation's laws don't apply to him.

JMO
My concern is when the government goes after people because they are angry with them for their political views. JMO.

Starting to go off topic into politics so I'm moving on from this line of discussion.

My concern is when the government goes after people because they are angry with them for their political views. JMO.

Starting to go off topic into politics so I'm moving on from this line of discussion.
Trump isn't being prosecuted for his political views, he's being prosecuted for crimes he has committed for which there is actual evidence submitted to the jury.

JMO

Trump isn't being prosecuted for his political views, he's being prosecuted for crimes he has committed for which there is actual evidence submitted to the jury.

JMO
Yes of course.

Seems like he only cares about himself. Not sure why this judge doesn't issue a gag order on Michael Cohen like he has with Trump. JMO.

Don't faint, lol, but I agree with you. Anyone involved with the trial who regularly posts about it on SM should be subject to the same gag order as Trump. That includes Cohen and Daniels.

Don't faint, lol, but I agree with you. Anyone involved with the trial who regularly posts about it on SM should be subject to the same gag order as Trump. That includes Cohen and Daniels.
Thank you and well said. I believe that either no one has a gag order on them and if needed everyone should be treated the same.

Keeping things on a level playing field will serve justice evenly and fairly. JMO.

Trump's gag order is to prevent his constant intimidation of witnesses. Both Cohen and Daniels are witnesses.

Today, the Judge told the Prosecutor to tell Cohen to knock it off. None of the jury is supposed to be reading anything about the trial on social media or anywhere else but the Judge felt precautions should be taken and I applaud his request. He's coming across as a fair Judge wanting to ensure a fair trial.

This is a historical trial far more significant than the Watergate hearings after which multiple Nixon confidants and employees landed in prison. Trump seems oblivious to the fact he could end up in prison for his multiple financial election/campaign crimes.

JMO

Merchan declined to issue an official order, but told prosecutors to tell Cohen “the judge is asking him to refrain from making any more statements,” and that comes “from the bench,” as quoted by CNN and The New York Times.

Prosecutors said they could not control what Cohen said outside the courtroom, according to the Times, which the publication reports resulted in Trump breaking out in a “wide grin.”

So, in trying to understand this, Cohen states he paid Stormy Daniels to not disclose her encounter with Trump. An encounter that she has no recollection of, but wanted money to stay silent about.

Cohen told Trump, Trump gave him payoff money, and called it "legal services".

How do we know that Daniels had an encounter with Trump? She has no recollection of it, and it appears that Trump denies it. Is there evidence of the encounter, that Daniels states never happened?

I am sorry, but the more I try to figure it out, the more confused I get over this...what evidence is there that the money given to Cohen was not for legal purposes? Aside from Cohen's statements?

So, in trying to understand this, Cohen states he paid Stormy Daniels to not disclose her encounter with Trump. An encounter that she has no recollection of, but wanted money to stay silent about.

Cohen told Trump, Trump gave him payoff money, and called it "legal services".

How do we know that Daniels had an encounter with Trump? She has no recollection of it, and it appears that Trump denies it. Is there evidence of the encounter, that Daniels states never happened?

I am sorry, but the more I try to figure it out, the more confused I get over this...what evidence is there that the money given to Cohen was not for legal purposes? Aside from Cohen's statements?
BBM. Where do you get the idea that Stormy had no recollection of the encounter? She testified she didn't recall everything that led to the encounter. Stormy's 7 hours of testimony spread out over two days provided plenty of recollection of the sexual encounter that happened many years ago.

And Stormy's testimony came after Hope Hicks' testimony about the campaign concern over the October 2016 release of the Access Hollywood tape where Trump boasted about sexual encounters.

Trump can deny the sex all he wants but that isn't a crime. He's being prosecuted for serious violations of campaign finance laws because his campaign falsified business records to cover it up prior to the election.

JMO

When it was over, Daniels quoted Trump as saying, "We have to get together again soon." She said he never expressed any concern about his wife Melania finding out.

Judge scolds Trump's lawyers, asking "why on Earth" they didn't object to Stormy Daniels' testimony

Fri, May 10, 2024

As he had on Tuesday, the judge acknowledged that he did not approve of certain parts of Daniels' testimony.

However, he didn’t seem to approve of Necheles’ performance either, questioning why the defense wouldn’t object to Daniels' allegations on Tuesday that Trump did not use a condom when they had sex.

“Why on Earth she wouldn’t object to the mention of a condom, I don’t understand,” Merchand said, The Washington Post reported.

Judge scolds Trump's lawyers, asking "why on Earth" they didn't object to Stormy Daniels' testimony

Fri, May 10, 2024

As he had on Tuesday, the judge acknowledged that he did not approve of certain parts of Daniels' testimony.

However, he didn’t seem to approve of Necheles’ performance either, questioning why the defense wouldn’t object to Daniels' allegations on Tuesday that Trump did not use a condom when they had sex.

“Why on Earth she wouldn’t object to the mention of a condom, I don’t understand,” Merchand said, The Washington Post reported.
BBM. Good question!

JMO

Exactly!

This time he is sitting in a criminal court though, facing charges. You never know what will happen with a jury, but it's something that he is facing charges.

I know that sometimes it is hard to discern causality and correlation, but this doesn't seem to be one of those times. At best, this guy has been surrounded by a bunch of crooks, actively committing all sorts of crimes, which benefit him, wherever he goes and whatever he does. He's just the poor schmuck in the middle, according to him. (Crooks on one side, conflicted and corrupt judges on other)
I agree. I couldn't help think of this song. "Stuck in the Middle With You".
"Clown's on the left of me, Jokers on the right
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
Seems to define some of the people involved with Trump IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funeris antro
Back