CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes. It just occurred to me: what must KK's husband be thinking right now? She helped her lover rid himself of an 'encumbrance' (and marriage and property weren't even involved). Would PF have been willing to return the favor if KK had asked?

No. PF is all about PF. He's not going out on a limb FOR ANYONE

It sounds like all the liasons PF and KKL have had involved her going to him. Not him going to her. Clearly KKL has some very severe personality disorder, but PF caught on that she was so desperate for him that he could even discuss solicitation of murder with her. To the point that she would travel 1600 miles to do this. Not once, but 3 times, and then get her to do the heinous cleanup. Each time she made the trip to WP, it only made her compliance and devotion to him more apparent.

I'm not saying she came up with the idea of murdering KB, but it must have been more and more apparent that she was the only person PF would ever find who would do this for him and he had to use her.

He's on the Sociopath/Narcissist strata and he would never do anything for her. He knows exactly how weak and desperate she is. He CHOSE her because of this.

The brutal plan KK willingly went along with,as long as she didn't have to do the deed herself. Three times she tried, even including her own family member in the ride along. Manipulated her friends,family, deceived her hubby,and her own children by extension. Used a friend,for her car,with a fully loaded gun. Used a lawyer couple for free advise,and representation. Using her BFF to be her mouthpiece through the media,so she can get around the no talking to media clause in her plea agreement.
She's equally as guilty as PF.

Is she going to tell where that missing bullet went? If not why not?
MOO

I can't even imagine reaction now of the aunt that knows that she was just brought down there for a murder plot. And her name is all over the media and the internet forever.

I feel so bad for the effects on the entire family that KKL has done.

For her children, for her aunt who waited outside while she potentially was going to poison her, for her husband that doesn't want to talk about the affair and its details, for her friends, ( those other than those awful people who stood up for her and lied for her, accepted a gun illegally. Etc) and for her children.

So many will have to live in shame for this for the rest of their lives. Yes, it's not their fault for those that were not involved, but still they perhaps will feel shame. I know I would if it was somebody close to me and I was not even involved..

We knew about the R's and MS, now MG etc. So many people affected.

And also for our lawyers, so many people to have to be subpoenaed from another state which is difficult as I understand it.

Agreed. Among other things, I think she is lying about purposely leaving evidence specifically to tie a path for LE to get back to her.

You have my attention with video recordings.. is this new info?
The affidavit specifically mentions particular moments caught on video surveillance. KB @ Safeway, PF @ Walmart, PF @ KB's residence two times on 11/22.

Iirc The “papers” were at F’s residence, do we know if Kelsey knew about the papers? Or were the papers written up for the f’s to get custody once Kelsey was gone.

Yup, they were found at his place but we don't know any more about it, I don't think. I just wonder if they were really engaged or if it was something PF said (though he also said they were broken up), or if someone said it incorrectly and it took on legs.

After buying baby clothes immediately when she was surprised about his fiance and baby that she had never learned about.

These dynamics of this relationship I cannot even fathom!
Yeah because IDK about you but I sure would be excited to find out through the grapevine about my illicit lover's baby momma and kid after driving thousands of miles for him.
These people are all batsh*t.

I also wonder about the reports of him being her fiancé. Did she have an engagement ring or a wedding date? Why would custody papers be prepared if they were going to be married? Who said they were engaged?

I think this was all face-saving stuff KB said to comply with her faith community and to made her unmarried pregnancy less of a black mark on the name of her family.

I don't believe HE gave her any ring or any sincere discussion of a wedding. If she had a ring, I believe she would have bought it herself. I also think the August visit to the SDA center for depression probably was because she realized he was not ever going to marry her and legitimize her child.

I have been (thankfully, in the past) and have tried to help, the kind of woman who "passively" accepts.

Even if you have someone close to you who points out the reality of abusive situations, a person often doesn't take heed, or glosses over, or downright ends a relationship with that someone who tries to enlighten them to the truth.

Too often, it's a lesson that has to be learned the hard way. I just pray that more people (women mostly) learn before it's too late for them. :-(
Yes, and a very forgiving person just keeps on forgiving and forgiving, and everyone here knows that that can be so dangerous when you're involved with a violent person.

There were some reporters that said all the trash was taken to his burn.

I had thought one that said it was in KB's dumpster, but I could never find it again so I may have been wrong.

And then another reporter was listed above which I actually sent an email to ask to verify what their reporter said in prelim ( only reporter that said so much so I thought it might be a mistake) who said that she had put some of her trash bags in the trash cans at Sonic.

It's very difficult when even the reporters disagree, and everything is done by tweets. I found it very helpful during the preliminary to follow the tweets of # KB versus just one reporter to better understand stuff. But even then it was confusing and people are bringing up stuff that some reporters are saying which others did not.

:banghead: that we cannot have a video of it or audio so that we can go back and hear stuff for ourselves. I do hope that they have better microphones for everyone to hear in the courtroom when it gets to trial.
I live by her, there isn't like one community dumpster like at an apartment,
Everyone has their own garbage cans they take out

Sometimes depression CAN make you more passive, nor did kb know what (pf) she was dealing with. Psychopaths are a difficult personality to understand with all the acting going on. The only person who seemed to really know pf was kk, and they were way too like-minded.
I don't think sf new the whole truth. Kids...and even adult kids might not tell Mom everything in fear of a lecture.

When you are being abused, you want to hide it from friends and family - you even lie to yourself. I think it's equal parts denial that it's happening and shame, because abusers groom their victims. The KB-PF relationship is classic: geographically isolated from family and friends, demanding schedule leaving little time to build new friendships, his constant criticism and anger, vented in a way that makes her feel responsible - and makes her willing to suffer to make him feel a little better.

It's also quite possible that her family and others cautioned her about moving too fast with a guy she had met on the internet - because things did move rather quickly by some standards: internet meeting, move to Colorado, baby. If things started to go bad, she wouldn't want to hurt her family and friends by confirming their worst fears. She'd want to hope that it was just a temporary rough patch.

Yeah because IDK about you but I sure would be excited to find out through the grapevine about my illicit lover's baby momma and kid after driving thousands of miles for him.
These people are all batsh*t.

More evidence of a Dominant/Submissive relationship between PF and KKL.

She's desperate for his approval - so she buys baby clothes to continue the interaction with him, rather than push him away because of his "betrayal".

And each time she does this, he knows he can push her farther to do his bidding. It's not love on his part at all, it's dominance and manipulation.

As we have a little bit of a lull in the thread, I am going back to the top of the thread to refresh my memory and some stuff. Thank you Gardener and TippyLynn and thank you mods for keeping timelines and compilations at the top of each thread for us to review! As time goes by even more, this will become more valuable.

From post

"--Home purchased by KB in May 2018
--2 bedroom, 1 bath Duplex/Townhouse

Family info from MSM:
KB's parents are retired hay farmers

Family info from MSM:
PF's parents are divorced
PF's mother is a registered nurse

PF's brother SF works for the Colorado Springs Police Department
A cousin has worked for the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office
An uncle FF is a retired Kiowa County Sheriff"

Questions/comments

1) for some reason I had always assumed there were two bathrooms. Thank you for this information that it only had one bathroom as I had missed that, and had assumed one was upstairs and one was downstairs when they were talking about blood in the bathroom.

2) her parents were hay farmers, and that is where he put her body. That to me is such a slam, along the lines of him telling her mother that they had lunch at Cracker Barrel, which was a favorite place of one of the family members of hers.

3) Is PF's mom retired, or has it been reported in mainstream media what type of nurse she is or where she works? (or now on leave *cough*)

4) has it been reported in mainstream media what level his brother is at in law enforcement?

5) I looked up where Garfield County is, (cousin has worked for the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office see screenshot), and noticed it is right above Grand Junction where KKL phone pinged. It reminded me, has anybody ever done a visual map for us of the trip she must have taken to get back home? I live on the other side of the country and can't get an idea of it.
Wow,thanks. I also thought there was two bathrooms. I thought there was one off of KB bedroom.

Would a burner phone be able to take photos?

I think it's highly likely that KKL took photos of the crime scene and maybe even kept something as a "guarantee" of his silence.

I keep thinking about her commenting about the tooth. She claims she threw it away. But I think during the 4 hours she was scrubbing away blood and tissue, she must have been thinking alot about PF and what he had done. When she saw how much of a mess he had made, how much "emotion" this revealed about him, not just a quick, quiet strangulation, but blood spattered everywhere and all throughout the place.

I keep wondering if she has kept photos and maybe even the famous tooth.
IDK but I do think it's interesting that KK mentioned a tooth with the root...and not just tooth.

I think this was all face-saving stuff KB said to comply with her faith community and to made her unmarried pregnancy less of a black mark on the name of her family.

I don't believe HE gave her any ring or any sincere discussion of a wedding. If she had a ring, I believe she would have bought it herself. I also think the August visit to the SDA center for depression probably was because she realized he was not ever going to marry her and legitimize her child.

If you're right, that's just about saddest part of the case. That poor thing.

(resisting the temptation to get up on a soapbox about young women devaluing themselves)

I don't think PF wanted KKL in his life as a partner.

She was just a useful submittant to him to use for his purpose. I'm sure they had some sort of Dominant/Sub sexual chemistry that he was manipulating to use her for removing KB.

She may have thought this was going to bring her a relationship and a life with him, but that was a huge and desperate mistake on her part.

When KKL emerged, someone here said, she would look similar to his mother. And yes, I think so too since I've seen her the first time. The external appearance of KKL could be that of his mother in her earlier years, IMO. So, PF found the matching type woman obviously, which is known to him since childhood so-to-say. KKL's essence could also be similar to that of his mother: being a nurse, energetic, rigorous, combative, dominant - all MOO of course. Being dominant and lying to any ex-husband ie. isn't mutually exclusive. Dominant and manipulative as characteristics is a nice combi of someone, who likes to get one's will all the time AND who is desperate for being loved by all. - I think, PF and KKL could have had a future together. But now it is over, hopefully.
MOO MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and a very forgiving person just keeps on forgiving and forgiving, and everyone here knows that that can be so dangerous when you're involved with a violent person.

And this is absolute textbook behavior by a Narcissist.

He seeks out the empathic partner and keeps testing her by abusing her in some respect.

I didn't know these kinds of people existed until much later in my dating life. When I read about it and saw the pattern it was immediately obvious and I quickly got rid of my seemingly perfect guy.

I wouldn't have been able to see the manipulation and Narcissistic abuse at KB's age. I would have just wondered what was wrong with ME that I couldn't fix the relationship

I'm curious about the discoloration on the hay pile.

Did they mention it because it made it easy to identify that particular pile? Or was the discoloration from the tote? There's no indication of what it might be.

PF's attorney said PF's truck was clean. The cadaver dog alerted near KB's green Toyota. I guessed this meant that PF took the body to the tote, not the other way around. I also thought the tote was chosen partly because it is fairly leakproof. Not impossible for it to leak somehow when PF was putting on the hay bale, I guess.

Well it could have also been a pile of straw which would have a different color, some use it for bedding.
The discoloration of the hay pile is not big for me because sometimes hay goes bad or you will get two deliveries and one will be a different color from the other.
If she was in that "tote" on top she was not there long enough for a tall pile of bales to be discolored and I believe KK said that when they returned for the tote that PF used a machine to take it down which means it was tall if true. Why he did not use one to get it up there who knows. I am not banking on much KK has to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48