CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cannot comprehend why she thinks saying she left stuff will help her or what that did for her? I don't believe she left it on purpose, but why did she say such? Was it to get her a lesser sentence and her lawyer told her to say such to help her out with her plea agreement?

OT, we have a thread for April at WS
NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3
The only thing I can think of is that she was thinking ahead, and she did leave those items uncleaned on purpose for exactly the reasons she’s used them for. Leverage with LE if they came after her.

It’s possible that PF’s mommy was watching the baby.

Interestingly, I’ve read about several cases where a suspicious “suicide,” follows target shooting.

It ensures gunshot residue on the victim’s hands.

I’m not sure it applies to any plot that he was thinking about, but who knows.
Wow - it would ensure gunshot residue on her hands and also explain why he had some on his hands.

The middle-of-the-night cattle thing does seem like he was going to kill her then, but didn't .. doesn't it?

jmo

I'm not able to picture it. I can't figure out how he walks in with a baseball bat. I'm not buying the being blindfolded with a sweater, either. Not that that is all that important a detail but I would think it would suffice to close your eyes in guessing a candle scent.
I'm having the same trouble. PF didn't NEED a baseball bat. He could easily overpower KB with his bare hands.....and would leave little mess. And no way do I believe there were scented candles. That's pure fantasy from KK.

I'm shocked the townhouse was not immediately considered a crime scene. Investigators from the local and state police were in that townhouse for several days and didn't believe it was a crime scene so the Berreths were staying there. That's pretty sloppy police work.

JMO

Wow - it would ensure gunshot residue on her hands and also explain why he had some on his hands.

The middle-of-the-night cattle thing does seem like he was going to kill her then, but didn't .. doesn't it?

jmo
It’s beyond suspicious, especially considering what happened about 12 hours later.

He had something up his sleeve, I’m convinced of it.

I am probably reading the bold part wrong, but when did Kelsey go target shooting? The night before she went missing? After that, she got him meds for his ulcer and helped with the cattle?

Sorry, I am confused by the bolded part. That just makes me uneasy..... (not that I think anything happened that night, of course, I know it didn't). Makes me feel like Kelsey wasn't feeling safe for some reason.

iirc, the target shooting was Thanksgiving evening and KB's phone sent her mother a text message.

A few of those cases recycle on Dateline and Forensic Files pretty regularly.

There's every reason to believe PF and/or Mamma watched them.

The other common theme is poisoning with succinylcholine (way off on the spelling!).

Since there is no body we're never going to know.
Emph. mine

Actually your spelling is correct. And nurses would obviously have access to succinylcholine.
Wish they could recover even a small part of Kelsey that could reveal some evidence.
I'd imagine by now that LE has checked where both KK and SF worked , to ascertain if any sux (abbrv.) is missing ?
Wouldn't that be standard procedure for them ?
Apologies -- I'm assuming LE are allowed to access employee's work records within a murder investigation.
Maybe they can't.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that in the end, SF will think of PF as being a sweet, good 'ol boy whose only fault was being led astray by two bad women. He was just fine before they came along.

As far as I know, we still have no idea if SF knew KK and PF were seeing each other as more than business partners. We don't know if she knew KK at all, other than as one of many people her son knew from rodeos.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that Ma F both knew about PF and KK and approved. I get the sense that she might have viewed KB as a threat (ie., taking her boy away) because she was an "outsider", whereas KK was a part of "their" world.

All MOO, of course.

Me too. It's almost like he had a deadline.
Instead of staging some semi plausible suicide when he had the opportunity, this genius decides to batter Kelsey to death, and stage a ridiculous scenario where she goes off (without her car) and kills herself.

His stupidity is spectacular.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that Ma F both knew about PF and KK and approved. I get the sense that she might have viewed KB as a threat (ie., taking her boy away) because she was an "outsider", whereas KK was a part of "their" world.

All MOO, of course.
Agreed , and what a sad situation for Kelsey !!
She had no idea of the 'wolves' that were circling her. :(

KK sure is clever no wonder LE can’t place her in kBs condo. She Apparently needs to write a book to help LE when this is all over. I’m surprised that they could be so easily duped by her. Moo
Ummm... what?! She flat out told LE she was in the condo to clean up the mess. It’s documented in the affidavit.

All MOO, of course.
I wonder what she thought of that huge fire in her front yard. Add that to the long list of incredibly idiotic things that PF and KK did. That was not a particularly discreet way of getting rid of the body. And now there is yet another witness to this evil insanity, albeit a reluctant one.

Instead of staging some semi plausible suicide when he had the opportunity, this genius decides to batter Kelsey to death, and stage a ridiculous scenario where she goes off (without her car) and kills herself.

His stupidity is spectacular.

Haste makes waste. While I believe PF is a plodder, I really don't think he's that stupid. This is some kind of bumbled up - hurry up job and I can't figure out why.

Haste makes waste. While I believe PF is a plodder, I really don't think he's that stupid. This is some kind of bumbled up - hurry up job and I can't figure out why.
I’m not convinced that he’s not that stupid.

Even the plots that stemmed from his solicitation were absolutely idiotic.

Some surprise stranger coffee, and a broad daylight blitz attack in the parking lot, that was supposed to end up with KK putting Kelsey in a dumpster.

I just don't think he is as smart as he thinks he is. I think he was more concerned with the timing of it all than the well thought out details.

Last edited:
If her plea deal is deemed invalid, what happens to her testimony against PF? Is it still permissible? If not, does PF walk free?
The DA would arrest her and she could face additional charges. She will have to testify as a hostile witness if need be. She will figure out as she has already that is not in her best interests. LE would testify just as they have in the affidavit and other pieces of evidence as to her role and evidence. All of her statements have been recorded. I cannot even wrap my head around possible medical misconduct, prescription investigations, her own child services all in Idaho at the state and federal level that should be look into her actions. The issue will be the length of this case and resources of ID and CO and competing crimes. Her employer hopefully will do their due diligence. This is not to single her out; it is just in her role she had incredible access to patients and medications. Organizations other the government should step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member