GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better late than never, I finally finished listening to the prison interview.

This is one thought that came to me:

I think CW decided to kill his family about one week prior to their death. That's when he began to look for a burial location. By the end of the week, he procured the Cervi site.

I believe that his plan was to go out there on Monday to prepare the site for his chosen method of burial, followed by killing them all later that week. But things didn't go as planned.

One thing that stood out for me in his prison interview is this- he felt Shanann would lock him out when he tried to come home after work. I think Shanann really told him that.
She was anxious to see the restaurant receipt when she came home. She went straight to her office (her purse was found there by NUA) to look for the receipt she had previously requested from CW. She saw the receipt and all hell broke loose.

I think she told him to move out that day. He had to kill her earlier than planned. His original plan probably was better.
I also caught that CW was mortified at the idea of making a scene in front of the neighbors!

He envisioned coming home and being locked out.

Maybe he thought he'd find his possessions in the front yard.

Nope, can't have that.

Better make sure that won't ever be an option.

Instead of finding his things on the porch, he stood on it wearing his pretty shirt flirting with a TV reporter.

Pfft.......

Hmmm. Your experience is almost the exact opposite of mine. ( Although yes I too have met wonderful people with Manic-Depression, ( an antiquated term for Bi-polar I know, but I prefer it, "if it an't broke don't fix it!"), But you have got me thinking now, and I did find an interesting article on manipulative personality traits, ( not necessarily related to mental illness) :
What Makes Someone a Master Manipulator?

Jmo bipolar can probably look very different from one person to the next because it is personality-independent and it may be better or more poorly controlled.

To me, it’s unfortunate that the issue of bipolar came up in the interview at all, because I doubt that would be the primary issue we see with NK. She is not likable, and she made atrocious choices, but her having a mood disorder may be unrelated to that.

I also don’t think she was a very good manipulator, if that’s what she was. If she had been good at it, the outcome wouldn’t have been one that wrecked her life.

Dr. Phil tells the Rzucek family, "I want to offer all of you very specialized care here."
t4518.gif

‘I Felt My Daughter’s Spirit The Moment She Died,’ Says Mom Of Colorado Murder Victim, Shan’ann Watts

‘I Think The Hardest Part Is Knowing Our Granddaughter Watched Her Sister Die,’ Says Mother-In-Law

‘It’s Worse Than We Even Thought,’ Says Murder Victim Shan’ann Watts’ Brother Of His Sister and N…

Life-After-Death: Did Spirits Of Shan’ann Watts And Her Daughters Visit Mom After Their Murders?

Shan’ann Watts’ Mother: ‘I Want To Be On A Mission To Hug Every Woman That’s Missed A Child’

Father Of Murder Victim Shan’ann Watts Reveals What He’d Say To Son-In-Law, Chris, If Given The Chance

I am not a Dr. Phil fan, but if this is the one media outlet that is really going to be on their side and provide meaningful support, then I’m on board and hope this has helped the Rzuceks.

Me too, and I agree with your opinion of Dr. Phil.

I love that they are able to shut up the trolls, and fight back against the lies and vitriol of the Watts clan.

They will be able to get the help they need, and receive a platform for good.

Yeah. There were some of the same common factors in play.

Financial trouble, marital trouble (affair), and his age (most in their 30s).

He felt trapped, especially with another child on the way.

Many of these people have similar family dynamics in their upbringings.

That’s why @gitana1 was able to explain what his family would be like, before we ever met them.

While he seems a bit of an anomaly, I can see where he may have felt was under pressure from all angles. I just don't understand that it seems no one thinks his parents were also victims. Yes of themselves, their emotional immaturity is striking imo, but Judge Marcelo Kopcow ruled his parents are considered victims of the crime because they are the girls’ grandparents. So I wonder why the double standard in a "victim friendly" forum.

I don't know how they grieve. grief is very personal. But I don't doubt that they are grieving.

While he seems a bit of an anomaly, I can see where he may have felt was under pressure from all angles. I just don't understand that it seems no one thinks of his parents were also victims. Yes of themselves, their emotional immaturity is striking imo, but Judge Marcelo Kopcow ruled his parents are considered victims of the crime because they are the girls’ grandparents. So I wonder why the double standard in a "victim friendly" forum.

I don't know how they grieve. grief is very personal. But I don't doubt that they are grieving.

I can't speak for everyone but in my case it is because they started in blaming Shanann from the very beginning - even here on WS. Plus they are part of the SM trolls that are tormenting Shanann's family.

While he seems a bit of an anomaly, I can see where he may have felt was under pressure from all angles. I just don't understand that it seems no one thinks of his parents were also victims. Yes of themselves, their emotional immaturity is striking imo, but Judge Marcelo Kopcow ruled his parents are considered victims of the crime because they are the girls’ grandparents. So I wonder why the double standard in a "victim friendly" forum.

Legally, they are victims, in the court of public opinion however, they are anything but.

I considered them victims early on, and I’m sure most people did.

That changed when they went on television and dragged a murder victim through the mud.

The discovery documents painted a grotesque picture of them, in regards to what they put Shanann through.

They have continued to push lies and misinformation, across social media.

This ain’t about how they grieve, it’s about being decent human beings.

These two families shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath.

My random thought was that she may have wanted some props for future interviews had CW decided not to plea guilty and take responsibility for all the murders.

"See these trophys? And these jerseys? My son got these in high school! He was a good boy! Everyone says so! >>insert reasons why SW did it here << "
“He played sports”

Well...NK IS a party to this case, Like it or not. She was investigated and people are discussing all the details... I don't get how it disturbs anyone to talk about his choice in affair partner.

It seems like anytime anyone mentions something "not so great" about other people involved, they somehow are seen as mitigating CW's responsibility for these murders. ( I saw this same phenomena in the "Making A Murder" threads, If you even hinted that you believed LE planted evidence, you were labeled a Steven Avery apologist).

I think we all know who's to blame in this case. The "Halo effect" doesn't help get the full picture of a situation either imo.

NK's interviews are on record, and it's ok to comment on her imo.
I agree, and unlike SW, NK is not an innocent victim in this case.
I do think it was CW who planned to escalate the affair while his family was out of town (his timeline, not NK's), even though NK definitely had designs on him even before that.
I also believe CW most likely orchestrated the murders on his own.
Clearly CW does not want to admit that he planned to murder his family, so even if NK was involved, if he implicated her in any way, it would be like admitting exactly that.
And there are still many unanswered questions. Just a couple that stood out for me from the prison interview:
Why was NK so paranoid after CW's family went missing that she made him verify his identity via text, and only after he had done so, asked him to delete his messages?
Why did CW claim that NK asked him about the Metallica song 'Battery' which he googled the lyrics to right after the murders?
MOO

“I’ve been doing this for 45 years, there’s no category for this, it’s pure evil.” -Dr Phil

The whole thing about the baby being alive, was in regards to the time that Shanann was murdered (she hadn’t miscarried before that). When Shanann died, the baby died (obviously).

As the family was told details by investigators, they thought about how hard it must be for THE INVESTIGATORS to break this to THEM!

That’s the Rzucek’s in a nutshell. Amazing people.
It’s amazing what empathy and the lack of empathy get you (Rzuceks vs. Watts).

bbm
Legally, they are victims, in the court of public opinion however, they are anything but.

I considered them victims early on, and I’m sure most people did.

That changed when they went on television and dragged a murder victim through the mud.

The discovery documents painted a grotesque picture of them, in regards to what they put Shanann through.

They have continued to push lies and misinformation, across social media.

This ain’t about how they grieve, it’s about being decent human beings.

These two families shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath.

Ah. I took a break early on, and hard as it may be to believe, I have only seen the Watts on a one or two interviews. I hadn't seen anything that wasn't on par with how Shanann's parents diss them. ( not Chris, just his parents). I take it I missed a bunch! :/ uhg.

Again, as I posted up thread, a very, very incompatible set of in-laws at any rate.

It’s amazing what empathy and the lack of empathy get you (Rzuceks vs. Watts).
It’s stunning.

No revisionist history with them; they maintain that they thought CW was a great guy, and they never saw this coming.

They didn’t take unfair shots against a killer, while the other side took disgusting shots against a victim.

No comparison.

Did they find Shanann's hair in the back of CW truck? I thought I heard her Mom say,
I know they used adhesive rollers in CW's truck to collect hairs, fibers, etc. but I don't see how that much hair would be in the truck when she was wrapped in a sheet with trash bags over her head and feet.

According to Pat Lalama on Ashleigh Banfield, though, they found hundreds of hairs. o_O I don't think I ever saw it in either doc dump but I may have missed it.

CNN.com - Transcripts
LALAMA: Well, there`s a lot of evidentiary information as you know, the story about hundreds of hairs being found inside Chris Watts` truck, which is going to be significant one way or the other.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member