GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. castilloisno1

castilloisno1 Well-Known Member

Yes, this happened. I have been on this thread since the very beginning,as a friend of a friend had us praying for Shan'ann before it was even a thread.

2. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I don't want to repeat the disgusting things that were said, but it was bad enough that the Rzuceks felt compelled to issue a statement in defense of their daughter.

Chris Watts' parents break their silence
    Early Tuesday morning, the parents of Shanann Watts — Frank and Sandra Rzucek — responded to the Watts' family interview. Their statement reads:

“Shanann Watts was a faithful wife, and the most gentle and loving mother in the world to her children Bella, Celeste, and Nico. She was also the best daughter any parent could ever hope for. Shanann was a wonderful soul.

Everyone who knew Shanann knows this to be true. Even Chris Watts knows this to be true. Yet Chris Watts still chose to murder Shanann, Bella, Celeste, and Nico. Chris Watts still chose to dump the bodies of his own family in oil tanks. And Chris Watts still chose to lie about it until he could lie no more. He pled (sic) guilty to murdering his family because he is guilty.

Monday evening, the parents of Chris Watts gave an interview in which they attempted to defend their son. In doing so, they felt the need to make vicious, grotesque and utterly false statements about Shanann. Their false statements, however hurtful and inaccurate, will never alter the truth about Shanann, and will never alter the truth about the crimes committed by their son, Chris Watts.

Shanann’s memory and reputation deserves to be protected. And her family is fully prepared to do so.”

3. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

TONIGHT LIVE WEBSLEUTHS PODCAST/CHRIS WATTS LATEST CONFESSION

Hazelnutty, Seenit, Traymar and 15 others like this.
  4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

“I’ll take things that never should have had to happen, for 500 Alex.”

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  5. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

I was never a big Nancy fan either, but there isn't anyone who really lays it out there like she does, and there also isn't anyone that I find myself agreeing with more!

gitana1, Hazelnutty, Seenit and 8 others like this.
  6. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

But how could an affair change him from a good loving father to a cold calculated psychopath? It had to always an issue and he wore a mask of normalness.

7. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

The affair didn’t turn him into a psychopath, it merely triggered him into revealing himself.

It was always there.

Tora Gahan, MrsM, mtnlites and 31 others like this.
  8. x_files

I absolutely agree. Nk might have been his "soulmate" similar nature and that's he felt so strongly about her.

gitana1, Hazelnutty, Seenit and 4 others like this.
  9. Colorfuel

Colorfuel Well-Known Member

Part of what goes on with psychopaths is that they will be nice and can appear fully functional and normal so long as the situation they’re in suits their desires. When they can’t get what they want, they think of other people in terms of disposal. It doesn’t even mean they hate those people they get rid of. It just means they were in the way.

The affair didn’t change his nature, but it did turn his family into an obstacle. He set about to remove the obstacle.

Obviously that’s not how I see the victims. It’s sort of how I think it looks to this kind of person. I’ve seen quite a lot of disposals, but they aren’t always murderous. They can be very cold, heartless, cruel firings and divorces—as long as those solutions allow the person to get their way.

10. Safeguard

Safeguard Well-Known Member

WOW! K, so that explains it. Almost glad I missed a lot then. I had my only daughter late in life, (42), she is 13 now, and I have loved every second of her life, no exaggeration, even the harder moments. When the case first broke, I saw the big smiles, little dresses, pigtails and love...
    I simply had to step away. I could not face this case. But neither could I just forget it! I know myself better than that, but it took a good while before felt ready to find out what happened to them. :eek::mad::(

kakadu, gitana1, Hazelnutty and 15 others like this.
  11. Heaven Leigh

Heaven Leigh Well-Known Member

TY PommyMommy . I missed that as well.

12. Colorfuel

The Rzucek family has had so much insult added to an inconceivable amount of injury. My heart aches just thinking about it. I have no idea how they are supposed to cope with it.

13. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

Toward the end of the prison interview, he says he wants to become a mentor to other prisoners. Made the interviewers speechless. Me too. No words. This, just after describing how little Bella begged for her life - No, Daddy, No.
    He really is a psychopath.

MrsM, kakadu, WhatDidYouDo and 30 others like this.
  14. BradB

BradB Well-Known Member

I dont know what to think. I would have thought a psychopath would have gotten off on a long trial and not have pled guilty.

gitana1, Seenit and molly1255 like this.
  15. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Question is, could she have shaped him differently?

To mold an anxious, painfully shy, introverted child into someone more open means to open your house to female friends who would bring in children of the same age that would be more outgoing. But for this, you yourself have to be outgoing and social. Let us say, had any of CW's kids inherited his shyness, Shanann with her ability to socialize could have mitigated a lot because she would have always be surrounded by friends with their kids.

Too often the reason why children who have some genetic shyness and empathy problems come up the way they are is because they are raised by parents with similar issues who either do not notice the kids' deficits or, more likely, can not overcome their own.

I suspect part of the problems with raising CW is that his parents' house was a lonely place.

Hazelnutty, Seenit, La Louve and 5 others like this.
  16. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

I'll give another confirmation that yes, this did happen, just in case there is anyone who has any doubts. I've been on this thread since day one and I also witnessed what was said with my own two eyes.

gitana1, Alcina, Seenit and 10 others like this.
  17. Colorfuel

Hey, I’m at the outer limits of what I know, but imo this would depend on whether a trial aligned with what he wanted and how he wanted others to see him.

There do seem to be some psychopaths who really enjoy making others suffer because it boosts their feeling of being in control or clever or something. Since CW has such a deeply ingrained nice-guy image, this might not work for him.

I don’t know if he would have been very forthcoming if the agents had not made it seem like what he told them would be kept mostly private.

gitana1, Seenit, Doghairrules and 7 others like this.
  18. Blurgle

Blurgle Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s either factually accurate or appropriate in any way to equate introversion with psychopathy. He didn’t murder his wife because he was introverted (not shy: introverted, please). He didn’t cold-heartedly murder his daughter while she begged him not to because he was introverted.

MrsM, Kittybunny, EvaBell65 and 19 others like this.
  19. castilloisno1

castilloisno1 Well-Known Member

IMO, some of the most empathetic people that I have have ever met have been shy and introverted. CW is a monster..PERIOD....

20. x_files

Makes you wonder if he was born that way with an impairment in his brain or his nurturing or lack of it.

gitana1, Seenit, La Louve and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.