New Zealand - Christchurch Mosque shooting, dead & injured reported, 15 March 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Secret trials? That's horrible. They don't even have fair trials? I'm learning all too much about New Zealand and my heart goes out to the poor inhabitants.

Rest assured that what you are learning about New Zealand is true of most countries in the Commonwealth, such as the UK, Australia and Canada. In terms of English speaking countries, the USA is odd man out.

Rest assured that what you are learning about New Zealand is true of most countries in the Commonwealth, such as the UK, Australia and Canada. In terms of English speaking countries, the USA is odd man out.
That's sad. I've always enjoyed visiting Canada and the UK, Australia not so much. I've never visited New Zealand. I never did the research and just assumed they had most of the freedoms we have in the USA.

That's sad. I've always enjoyed visiting Canada and the UK, Australia not so much. I've never visited New Zealand. I never did the research and just assumed they had most of the freedoms we have in the USA.

Some might think it's about freedom, others might think it's about being civilized - all a matter of perspective.

Lol. They have far more freedoms than the US.

For one thing, they don’t have to worry about losing everything they own because of illness.

They can go to beaches and parks that are not covered in litter.

The Human Fern. Beautiful, I love it.

Australian cartoonist Pat Campbell drew an illustration of the silver fern showing Muslims in different stages of prayer for the publication.

Campbell first drew the image on Saturday morning, which instead of fern fronds, depicted 49 figures to represent the people who died in the attack. On Tuesday he added another figure to the illustration, to mark the death toll rising to 50.

tmp1164860075831984129.jpg

Why would you feel sad? This is awful

They are proud and love their countries
As they should

Thank you, @floridagrrl for your balanced views of the world, it is appreciated and reassuring.

Yes, everyone should be proud of their country but everyone must also have the intelligence to acknowledge their country has differences, pros, cons and faults. Bloody big faults in some cases (and I say this as a Brit hurtling towards a ridiculous Brexit). We can't all get everything right and we can't all be the same. Like I said earlier, it's like comparing apples and elephants, what's right for one might be utterly insane for another.

Last edited:
Thank you, @floridagrrl for your balanced views of the world, it is appreciated and reassuring.

Yes, everyone should be proud of their country but everyone must also have the intelligence to acknowledge their country has differences, pros, cons and faults. Bloody big faults in some cases (and I say this as a Brit hurtling towards a ridiculous Brexit). We can't all get everything right and we can't all be the same. Like I said earlier, it's like comparing apples and elephants, what's right for one might be utterly insane for another.

BBM. Thanks for this.

I assumed all the Scandinavian countries would be at the top - those guys get SO much right and the Scandis I've met have been lovely. But on the downside it's expensive and a bit cold, so it's a no from me (who likes bargains and sunshine)

Maybe having less light at some times of year is good for the soul?

Happiness might have something to do with government and law. The people determine the government, decide law and are happy.

New Zealand, as we've read, is one of the happiest places to be. That doesn't happen by accident.

A madman from Australia, another well-balanced society, went to New Zealand and committed mass murder. Some countries have the "dangerous offender" designation, meaning no release date. Does New Zealand have a similar designation?

Can somebody please link here the instructions for ignoring/muting a poster so you don’t have to read posts that try to monopolize thread space with continuous political snipery?

I did remember it was possible in the old days...can it still be done?

Thanks in advance.

Can somebody please link here the instructions for ignoring/muting a poster so you don’t have to read posts that try to monopolize thread space with continuous political snipery?

I did remember it was possible in the old days...can it still be done?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is still possible. Click on the poster's name and there is an "Ignore" option available on the far right. HTH's.

Saying "it's American" does not make it free from an agenda just because one is an American.

Also the link states the United Nations produced the report based on data from the Gallup poll along with economists from Columbia University, the University of British Columbia and the London School of Economics' Center for Economic Performance.

Even better if there are three countries involved, seems pretty fair to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios