Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
iailwa, did your email from the court specifically say the hearing will be open? The hearing is still not listed, even though it's now less than a week to go. I'm wondering what would be shown on the lists if there's a non-publication order covering it: maybe they're not even allowed to say the hearing is taking place?

No the email did not say so, it just said it is going ahead on the 25th at 10am. But the guy i spoke to when inquiring - said yes it's listed here as an 'open hearing' - & because i'm not well versed in legal speak - i said what do you mean? He said it means - it's open to the public...

iailwa, did your email from the court specifically say the hearing will be open? The hearing is still not listed, even though it's now less than a week to go. I'm wondering what would be shown on the lists if there's a non-publication order covering it: maybe they're not even allowed to say the hearing is taking place?
I'm replying again - bare with me as i'm just going over the last few day i have missed. My thoughts are (obviously not gospel for sure) but in a way it might be they are trying to keep it lower profile because in all honesty it could be a media circus. I hope not, but it's the biggest high profile missing child case since Daniel M (bless him) - i think they have the power not to advertise if they wish? It just takes a nod from the coroner - IMO but not sure? But certainly I've been told it's open & going ahead. The mere fact I had to email them this time, suggests to me, they are were either thinking of pulling it, or they are being cautious in letting people know, or wondering WTH i care & now i'm flagged? ... IDK? They are just the thoughts running through my mind, in response to your questions @stormbird - it's all very intriguing & elusive... who knows??

Gawd guys, I decided i'd ring Lidcombe again. The woman I spoke to said it's going ahead... I mentioned it wasn't listed in the public court lists & could she please ask the coroner? (bold of me i know but she didn't jack up). She said i've got my supervisor right here - i said OK can you ask your supervisor? ... i heard an "ohhh" from her in response to what ever the supervisor said - then i was put on hold for maybe 3 minutes. She came back & asked whether I was a family member & I said I wasn't. She said anything can change. She offered that I should look Friday afternoon for an update, but that anything can change within one hour of the hearing on Monday... so???

You know guys - i think it's going ahead but they may not want people like me (the general public) attending if they can help it? They simply can't be "unsure" at this stage can they? I mean that's ludicrous... they have to have everything organised by now - there's lawyers, suspects, families, police involved... i reckon they are just fobbing non family members off IMO... any thoughts on that?

Gawd guys, I decided i'd ring Lidcombe again. The woman I spoke to said it's going ahead... I mentioned it wasn't listed in the public court lists & could she please ask the coroner? (bold of me i know but she didn't jack up). She said i've got my supervisor right here - i said OK can you ask your supervisor? ... i heard an "ohhh" from her in response to what ever the supervisor said - then i was put on hold for maybe 3 minutes. She came back & asked whether I was a family member & I said I wasn't. She said anything can change. She offered that I should look Friday afternoon for an update, but that anything can change within one hour of the hearing on Monday... so???
Thanks, iailwa - you're a good sleuth! :)

I don't like the sounds of "anything can change within one hour of the hearing on Monday", but maybe they're just preparing to re-direct people to other court rooms if necessary? It would be hard to estimate how many people might turn up.

Thanks again for doing the checking and sharing the results with the rest of us.

Thanks, iailwa - you're a good sleuth! :)

I don't like the sounds of "anything can change within one hour of the hearing on Monday", but maybe they're just preparing to re-direct people to other court rooms if necessary? It would be hard to estimate how many people might turn up.

Thanks again for doing the checking and sharing the results with the rest of us.

I've been a serial caller that's for sure. If anyone else could ring tomorrow that would be great... it's an easy process btw. Except the last 2 times i've been put on waiting but 3-5 mins max.

I wish i had the nerve to say I was a relative - but I could not do it!

Thanks SB for your thanks. I hope whoever is attending will be welcomed & that is actually held :)

Their number is: 02 8584 7777 if anyone's keen...

You know guys - i think it's going ahead but they may not want people like me (the general public) attending if they can help it? They simply can't be "unsure" at this stage can they? I mean that's ludicrous... they have to have everything organised by now - there's lawyers, suspects, families, police involved... i reckon they are just fobbing non family members off IMO... any thoughts on that?
Perhaps security concerns?

Perhaps security concerns?

Yeah that's a real possibility JLZ. It's just funny that they ended up removing the notice & are now very elusive. Maybe they do have real concerns over attendees ? I mean there have be some very "lively" advocates... who are likely to turn up - just MOO. Although it's strange timing in respect to Jubes... My initial thought was perhaps they are not ready, but maybe because I have called so often, they are taking extra precaution lol ;) just kidding it's only been 4 or 5 times... but i'm sure it's not just me... the other advocates would be calling as well. I don't do facebook much so i have no idea... But didn't they request/demand/advocate an inquest? I'm not sure...

I remember now (clap clap - considering my bad memory) that they worked in court (?) to have William's status as a foster child exposed? A FB group? That's true right? Can anyone tell me which facebook group is the correct one to follow - I know there are a couple & I just don't go there - but if I knew your opinions then i might actually read the posts! I just got put "off'" them IYKWIM

Yeah that's a real possibility JLZ. It's just funny that they ended up removing the notice & are now very elusive. Maybe they do have real concerns over attendees ? I mean there have be some very "lively" advocates... who are likely to turn up - just MOO. Although it's strange timing in respect to Jubes... My initial thought was perhaps they are not ready, but maybe because I have called so often, they are taking extra precaution lol ;) just kidding it's only been 4 or 5 times... but i'm sure it's not just me... the other advocates would be calling as well. I don't do facebook much so i have no idea... But didn't they request/demand/advocate an inquest? I'm not sure...
Yes they did. But. I read a little of their (APS et al) FB and all I remember was that it was breathtakingly nasty. I would not be surprised if they'd made threats to FPs. And Spedding could be a target for anti-pedophile vigilantes.

Yes they did. But. I read a little of their (APS et al) FB and all I remember was that it was breathtakingly nasty. I would not be surprised if they'd made threats to FPs. And Spedding could be a target for anti-pedophile vigilantes.

APS et al? sorry i don't what that means. eek. There is an official FB page. Is that the one to follow? Theres's also another one where the title is a bit more - less official sounding. Bring back William or something similar?

I just had a look - here's the two i'm following but i never read... but then again i'm not a FB fan at all. I'm thinking, because the second one has more followers, then maybe that's the one to follow? I just want to be sure for next week! Advice anyone?

Attachments

• WT fb.png
    WT fb.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 24
APS et al? sorry i don't what that means. eek. There is an official FB page. Is that the one to follow? Theres's also another one where the title is a bit more - less official sounding. Bring back William or something similar?
The woman who was in court against FACS. I don't remember which page. I wouldn't follow it because I like to eat most days.

Almost five years after toddler William Tyrrell vanished from his grandmother's backyard detectives are empty-handed, his family is devastated and the fate of the boy in the Spiderman costume remains known only to a suspected predator.

This year the thousands of pieces of evidence, hundreds of interviews, lengthy suspect lists and countless tips amassed during the closely guarded police investigation will be laid bare in the NSW Coroner's Court.

Witnesses will take the stand in Sydney on Monday, less than a year after a large scale forensic search of bushland around the Kendall home under the command of Strikeforce Rosann's then-lead investigator Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin.

Inquest into the disappearance of William Tyrrell is set to begin | Daily Mail Online

Landing at random here folks ...

If any support groups are considered radical, please do NOT link to them for any coverage of the inquest. Stick with the more conservative, stick on the ice groups. Hopefully some MSM reporters will be covering ??

OT - Bowraville Failed

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Bid to challenge rejected Bowraville murder case retrial in High Court dismissed
Also at SMH: https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...lleged-bowraville-killer-20190322-p516j0.html

The state's double jeopardy laws were changed in 2006 with the Bowraville cases in mind but it was not clear to legal experts if the changes went far enough. The new laws allowed a person to be tried again for the same crime if "fresh and compelling evidence" came to light.
. . .
The Court of Criminal Appeal rejected that bid, saying the evidence sought to be relied upon was not "fresh" because it was available to police and prosecutors at the time.
. . .
Chief Justice Kiefel said the court could find "no reason to doubt the correctness of the decision of the Court of Criminal Appeal".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member