CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #52 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can DNA be retrieved from teeth if they have been bleached clean? Is it in the dentin or elsewhere in the tooth itself. If so, LE would already know if each tooth belonged to a different, missing person.

PF is a monster but he doesn’t have the smarts IMO to have offed a bunch if of people and gotten away with it. And if he had, surely he was far enough down the learning curve to have avoided the myriad of mistakes made here.
Yeah, I don’t think bleaching would do anything to inhibit the extraction of DNA from the dentin or pulp.

They shouldn’t have any problem with testing the origin of these teeth.

I think Kelsey was his first victim, and the teeth are completely unrelated to this crime, or any other crimes.

I think Kelsey was his first victim, and the teeth are completely unrelated to this crime, or any other crimes.

RSABBM:

I completely agree that KB was the first person PF has murdered.

I won't be surprised if the teeth turn out to be unrelated to KB's murder.
I won't be at all surprised if they turn out to be KB's teeth, either.

PF had to do something with the teeth after he knocked them out of KB's head.

I don't see PF as being highly organized or careful. Quite the contrary.
He's careless, and disorganized. (Wet Wipes, anyone?)

Anything is possible with PF.
So I ain't ruling anything out here re: those teeth.

JMO.

Last edited:
I hesitated to post this, but it is germane to the conversation. I have a piece of jewelry that is handmade out of gold fillings from teeth by a friend. I have attached the photograph below that I just made.

It is a Chinese saying that is made from gold from teeth into a necklace piece. It was given to me many years ago, and I forget what the saying is in Chinese, in case somebody can remind me and can read Chinese here on the threads.

dg, it’s similar to the Chinese symbol for love

Yeah, I don’t think bleaching would do anything to inhibit the extraction of DNA from the dentin or pulp.

Agreed. Bleaching does not have any impact on the tooth pulp/dentin or people would be screaming in agony.

I think the teeth found in Ma F's house are just weird family keepsakes that the "tooth fairy" rejected. :eek:

Sadly, KK disposed of KB's tooth she allegedly found in the air-vent after PF beat KB's brains out with a baseball bat.
If she had REALLY wanted to help LE she would have hung onto that tooth as evidence.

In any case, I strongly believe that LE/the DA have lots more evidence than has been disclosed to the public and that PF is going to put away for LWOP in the Chooky. He might even have Chris Watts as his cell neighbor...:mad::mad::eek:
Moo

Last edited:
Agreed. Bleaching does not have any impact on the tooth pulp/dentin or people would be screaming in agony.

I think the teeth found in Ma F's house are just weird family keepsakes that the "tooth fairy" rejected. :eek:

Sadly, KK disposed of KB's tooth she allegedly found in the air-vent after PF beat KB's brains out with a baseball bat.
If she had REALLY wanted to help LE she would have hung onto that tooth as evidence.

In any case, I strongly believe that LE/the DA have lots more evidence than has been disclosed to the public and that PF is going to put away for LWOP.
Moo

I thought those teeth were adult molars, as labeled on the search warrant. No wonder the tooth fairy rejected them. ;). I hope y'all are right and the evidence is far, far more than we'll ever know until trial.

I thought those teeth were adult molars, as labeled on the search warrant. No wonder the tooth fairy rejected them. ;). I hope y'all are right and the evidence is far, far more than we'll ever know until trial.
Yup, there were 5 AFAIK and were not tooth fairy material!!

Who knows what Ma F was thinking.

I've heard of shark tooth necklaces, but not human ones. I'm out of touch...:eek::confused:

Can DNA be retrieved from teeth if they have been bleached clean? Is it in the dentin or elsewhere in the tooth itself. If so, LE would already know if each tooth belonged to a different, missing person.

PF is a monster but he doesn’t have the smarts IMO to have offed a bunch if of people and gotten away with it. And if he had, surely he was far enough down the learning curve to have avoided the myriad of mistakes made here.

In the words of Bugs Bunny, he's an ultra-maroon. IMO. And that's all I can type and stay within the limits around here.

I've heard of shark tooth necklaces, but not human ones. I'm out of touch...:eek::confused:

Hmmm, Ma F, now there's an interesting subject not up for discussion as of now...

BBM:

Yup! Agreed, Pua. It's definitely a "done thing."
If any of the teeth that LE seized had gold fillings, that may account for why they were saved.

I think the odds are that the teeth are unrelated to KB.
Having said that, I know a lot of people have ruled out the possibility that those are KB's teeth based on the reasoning that PF could not possibly be so stupid as to save KB's teeth.

It goes without saying, so I'll go ahead and say it:
I definitely haven't ruled out the possibility that PF is stupid enough to have saved KB's teeth.

In keeping with PF's practice of leaving neon colored bread crumbs for LE, I can see PF picking up KB's teeth after he beat her to death w/ the baseball bat, shoving them in an envelope when he got home so he didn't lose track of them(!), and then sticking the envelope in a drawer somewhere and forgetting all about them.
I can picture a scenario similar to that in my mind's eye. It does not require a huge stretch of the imagination.

Guess we'll find out at trial. If teeth are entered into evidence, we'll know.

JMO.

Speaking of Trials and following them. There is a thread here which talks about court TV coming back on May 8th I think. I was looking forward to it, but now second thoughts, I now prefer to follow stuff live at my leisure, or looking at it later when I have time. And following conversations on the thread.

I guess I'm one of those that likes to have the raw facts versus Talking Heads telling me what I should be thinking and interpreting it for me.

And oh my gosh, the commercials! And with commercials, you are behind everybody else on the thread if they are following it livestream.

Some of the shows that were done during Jodi Arias trial, they definitely jumped the shark on that one.

I like having other people's opinions on stuff, but I would prefer having all of you guys opinions to read, versus the one on tv with the other talking hired heads.

Moo

Interesting thought if they have done DNA testing on the teeth. I guess they would try first to see what age the person was possibly, because an elderly person would be different than hers. Just visually, in my opinion.

I cannot imagine that they are Kelsey's. I just can't fathom such.

If they were, I don't believe they were dislodged from the baseball bat. We are talking about adult molars from the back of the skull and the back of the mouth. They would not fly out with a baseball bat in my opinion.

If they were, they would have been retrieved after the burning from the skull, but that is above and beyond anything I can think of as the sickest killer I've ever heard of.

So I don't think they are hers.

Last edited:
Petition started seeking additional charges in Kelsey Berreth murder case

SFA:
On April 11 supporters of justice for Berreth created an online petition to request the Attorney General of Colorado and the federal Office on Violence Against Women file federal charges of conspiracy to commit murder against Kenney, as well as other conspirators she named in the testimony she gave to investigators.

Organizers of the petition, which was created less than a week ago and already has almost 1,700 supporters, plan on forwarding the petition, notes and comments to the Attorney General of Colorado’s Office on May 2.

Interesting. FWIW, per this article there's a petition circulating requesting federal charges be filed against KK.
Even though I know online petitions don't mean a thing in the greater scheme of things, I sometimes sign just for that short-lived sense of power.

In KK's case, at least there will be the satisfaction of knowing a news story could run about the petition in her hometown.

Being desperate for news on this slow-moving story, they'd love to have a new headline. MOO

Even though I know online petitions don't mean a thing in the greater scheme of things, I sometimes sign just for that short-lived sense of power.

In KK's case, at least there will be the satisfaction of knowing a news story could run about the petition in her hometown.

Being desperate for news on this slow-moving story, they'd love to have a new headline. MOO
And that’s realistic.

These people think that by signing some petition, the Feds are going to feel pressured to step on the state’s toes, and file charges based on the uninformed opinion of some people on the internet.

That’s the unrealistic part.

I want to know what you sleuths think what kind of ideas PF and his lawyer are coming up with for different types of defenses for him and ideas they are pondering that will put KK in the loop. There are many ways to hang this monkey.

Taking some cues from the questions asked by the defense at the prelim, random ideas, in no particular order:
  • PF will say he lent his phone to KK while she visited him
  • KB had her own phone and was stalking him
  • KK had KB’s phone
  • No blood or DNA in PF truck
  • Accidental death and he panicked
  • KK did it and he covered for her
  • Rage over alleged abuse
  • KK credibility
  • Someone else did it, robbery, another lover etc

I have teeth in my home (adult molars with gold) from deceased older family members. They were passed down to me. People do that. Really. The only difference is that I keep them in one place. I am going to get rid of them because y'all think I am weird for having them.
Don't discard them on my account :) I have four beautiful specimens I found in the desk of our late son. Brought a smile to my face as it reminded me of the day they were extracted. I'm keeping them. Someone else can throw them out when I'm gone :)

That's a great point.

Sometimes, signing a petition is simply about raising awareness of a cause.
For some, signing a petition can even be a form of peaceful protest.

Obviously, this petition isn't going to result in federal charges being brought against KK.

However, it may make more people aware of KB's murder, and may also serve to further stigmatize KK, which I'm sure none of us would have a problem with here.

I hesitated to post this, but it is germane to the conversation. I have a piece of jewelry that is handmade out of gold fillings from teeth by a friend. I have attached the photograph below that I just made.

It is a Chinese saying that is made from gold from teeth into a necklace piece. It was given to me many years ago, and I forget what the saying is in Chinese, in case somebody can remind me and can read Chinese here on the threads.
That's so lovely. I hope someone can tell us what it means!

Don't discard them on my account :) I have four beautiful specimens I found in the desk of our late son. Brought a smile to my face as it reminded me of the day they were extracted. I'm keeping them. Someone else can throw them out when I'm gone :)

When I had my wisdom teeth out as a teenager, I asked the doctor if I could keep them (thanks to being high as a kite haha)!! It became a running joke and I never threw them out. Someday someone is going to find those teeth in a drawer or box. Hopefully not during a murder investigation! o_O:eek:

Oh I know. My point is that the “IW” part of “FWIW,” is nothing.

Not in the grand scheme of things anyway.

It’s basically a temper tantrum, but on paper.

Let's not minimize the value of venting a spleen every now and then.

To quote one of my favorite philosophers:

"Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don't know what your rights are, or who the person is you're talking to. Then on the way out, slam the door." ~ Jack Handey

While it's true that the petitioners can't literally march in and/or slam doors on their way out, they can do it figuratively by signing the online form.

Or something like that, anyway.

JMO.

Last edited:
Let's not minimize the value of venting a spleen every now and then.

To quote one of my favorite philosophers:

"Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don't know what your rights are, or who the person is you're talking to. Then on the way out, slam the door." ~ Jack Handey

While it's true that the petitioners can't literally march in or slam doors on their way out, they can do it figuratively by signing the online form. Or something like that.

JMO.
I think you just killed me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members