Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police: Delphi killer 'hiding in plain sight' as new images released

[...]

Indiana State Police say they are looking for the driver of a vehicle parked at the old CPS/DCS/Welfare building that was abandoned on the east side of CR 300 N next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between noon and 5 p.m. on February 13, 2017. That's the day 14-year-old German and 13-year-old Williams went missing. Their bodies were found the next day just out of sight of the bridge. Police did not give a description of the vehicle.

[...]

MAP - Google Maps

This is a horrible thought, but many times killers (and this was a double murder) will become enraged at these kinds of press conferences. They may become so angry, in fact, that they take their rage out on another victim. And this eventually leads to their capture.
I pray this doesn't happen, as it has before.
Chi

Having a hard time understanding why they held so tightly to the bridge footage? Today's release is not that much more. Did anyone else think we were about to see some other footage not taken on the bridge?

Eagerly waiting for the WS experts to start posting stills from the new footage.

Also, Doug Carter said and I paraphrase " the voice is one person" and for a minute I thought it was going to be some split personality type voices because he really seemed to stress that point - but it's just another word? It does sound a bit different granted but not necessarily like two different people.

I was weepy during the press conference so it's not hard to imagine the families would have also been upset.

This press conference wasn't really for us IMO...
They're coming for you BG. Tick tock.

I think people are reading too much into the "then" versus "now" sketch.

IMHO, today was carefully orchestrated by all law enforcement involved. Something has led them to firmly identify a suspect, and I do think they know who it is but can't say it, which led to this detailed sketch. I don't think they're interested in going back and explaining why they did what or how they got to this point. Something feels like it change drastically in recent time that led to them 100% believing they know who it is, and today was done to show that to the murderer.

IMHO this sketch is going to look just like the person who did it, and they're now expecting a flood of tips to come in as the person is recognized.

I don't think I know of any case where they know who the suspect is, they make a sketch of them, and then throw it up as to a suspect to an international audience in a presser. I think that is a No-No with law enforcement. And certainly if the FBI is involved I don't think that would ever happen. The who knows, does anybody else here know of precedent where that has happened?

Such a short set of audio clips, but I have to agree with what a few others have said; the intonation of "guys?" suggests to me that BG was hailing the girls as if to get their attention.

Combined with "down the hill," the first thing that comes to my mind is perhaps BG was presenting himself as concerned with their safety on the bridge, or informing them that they're trespassing or otherwise not allowed to be there, given the bridge's unsafe state.
Law enforcement maybe?

I don't believe they have DNA from the crime scene, I think if they had that and based on what I infer from this press conference. They know who did it but can't directly link him to the crime scene yet. JMO

I wonder what will link him even if someone comes forward and says, "I recognize this guy." Especially IF they already know who he is. What kind of evidence?

When Carter said something to the effect of (speaking to the perp) after two years you didn’t think we’d change direction of the investigation...
What do you guys think that meant?
Maybe the perp was totally unconcerned because he knew that no one would connect him to the image of BG. Also the “hiding in plain sight” makes me think he is someone very close to the family.

I don't think I know of any case where they know who the suspect is, they make a sketch of them, and then throw it up as to a suspect to an international audience in a presser. I think that is a No-No with law enforcement. And certainly if the FBI is involved I don't think that would ever happen. The who knows, does anybody else here know of precedent where that has happened?
Both are guys are the same. Sketch may not look like bg but I bet his body is the same. Maybe LE knows who is he is and is calling on him to confess? The sketch if very definitive, that’s for sure.

I have been saying for a long time I believe this person is in a position of authority, and has been hiding in plain sight. A case of, “oh, it couldn’t be so-and-so....” And a position of authority can mean several scenarios.

When I saw a headline about new video, I had to prepare myself! I know all of you have those same feels. Praying this IS the day, or at least the week! These sweet baby girls and the ones who love them need justice.

I just realized a few minutes ago that the vehicle was parked between at the old CPS building and then later the next day was found abandoned at another location, HLN showed it on a map.. at least that’s what I think I heard. I wish I had the map, maybe someone else does?
Is this right or am I more confused than ever?

Where is that vehicle now?? If LE knows it was abandoned... How do they know... Was a ticket written? Video footage?? I'm all confused about this vehicle??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get