Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s what I’m so freaking irritated about: Imo the voice is not that of a young person. Can someone please explain this?
Because there are some men who sound like little girls? And he was barking an order so it might make his voice sound deeper. The age of the suspect, per the presser, spans almost two decades.

I'm now starting to view the two sketches as a composite of similar facial characteristics.

If they know who it is and do not have enough to prosecute successfully, then it makes absolute sense they would reach out to the public. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Also, LE isn't discounting the first sketch. Carter didn't tell the public to disregard it. I believe it's also the reason the age span is so wide. I believe the sketches are of the same person at different ages. If LE were wrong about the first sketch, they most definitely would say so when making the second sketch public.
I think they are disregarding the first sketch as they no longer consider him a person of interest. They are sketches of two different people. The new sketch (done in 2017) is the person they are looking for.

It’s a muffled voice recorded from a phone that was apparently in Libby’s pocket. It was also recorded outdoors.

I don’t think the recording is long enough to make a determination as to age.

I tend to agree with you though.

My opinion MassGuy is that those three words are enough for me to ascertain he ain’t no spring chicken. I hear ya, but that one’s not working for me. :)

Nor does he even look young on the bridge. Again hard to see squat in that photo, but again no spring chicken imo.

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies
[...]

On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person.
529128ff-77dc-41e6-9701-9c290f44ef0b-handout.jpg

The new composite drawing released by officials on Monday, April 22 of the person suspected in the Delphi Murders. (Photo: Composite by Indiana State police)

Riley also said Wednesday that the original sketch – released in the summer of 2017, showing a man with a goatee and a driving cap – is “not presently a person of interest in this investigation.”

According to an ISP release, the new sketch of the clean-shaven man “is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.”

[...]

In ISP’s attempt to clarify on Wednesday, Riley wrote that investigators’ initial belief that “a person in the age range of his 40s to 50s was a person of interest in this murder investigation.”

[...]

The new sketch features what police called a man with “a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20s to late-30s.”

[...]
And they couldn't have clarified this in the press conference??? So, now, disregard anything I've had to say today!

One thing that has been bothering me has been the comment in the presser that seemed to allude to willful misdirection--"you never thought we'd change directions." That, coupled with the new sketch that we now know is not of the same person, leads me to wonder if the person the police are addressing is a witness or potential witness interviewed early on. Perhaps someone who aided in coming up with that initial sketch who may have had reasons for lying. Someone who would be part of some sort of misdirection. I found the presser highly unusual and have been trying to parse it out for the last few days. MOO.

My opinion MassGuy is that those three words are enough for me to ascertain he ain’t no spring chicken. I hear ya, but that one’s not working for me. :)

Nor does he even look young on the bridge. Again hard to see squat in that photo, but again no spring chicken imo.
I agree with both. That video and audio, sounds like a guy in his 40s.

Something is telling investigators though, that this isn’t the case, something that has to be compelling.

Our eyes and ears are apparently lying to us, or atleast they are convinced that is so.

It ain’t a guess.

I think they are disregarding the first sketch as they no longer consider him a person of interest. They are sketches of two different people. The new sketch (done in 2017) is the person they are looking for.
I just saw that LE made that clarification today. This information should have been disclosed the day of the presser. Not good.

The movie The Shack was released march 3, 2017.
What if someone did use seeing it as an alibi?
I haven't seen it, but I did read the book. The chapter about the Holy Ghost still resonates in my memory. Great writer.
Peace be with sweet Abby and sweet Libby.

Sorry I don’t want to spend time multiquoting ...but I do agree with majority of your here! This new sketch throws everything off considering the voice and the still shots look much more like a middle aged man!!! I’m still set on ages 35-45!!! Before the new sketch I was more set on 40-55, but seriously, can’t go much younger considering the video footage tells a completely different age range?

Just my opinion but how many times have we all looked at the first sketch ever since it was released July/17? Probably many, many dozens of times, it’s absolutely everywhere. I think what happens is after awhile that image gets thoroughly embedded into our brains and it becomes a common connection between the video/photos and the voice.

When the first sketch was released a lot of us here were surprised BG was described as an older man. Many people have also commented the face of the three enhanced photos don’t look like the same person.

Me, I’m doing my best to avoid looking at either sketch or the video/photos for awhile to allow my perception time to reset.

One thing that has been bothering me has been the comment in the presser that seemed to allude to willful misdirection--"you never thought we'd change directions." That, coupled with the new sketch that we now know is not of the same person, leads me to wonder if the person the police are addressing is a witness or potential witness interviewed early on. Perhaps someone who aided in coming up with that initial sketch who may have had reasons for lying. Someone who would be part of some sort of misdirection. I found the presser highly unusual and have been trying to parse it out for the last few days. MOO.
I think it’s as simple as this:

That initial sketch looked nothing like BG. When that sketch was released, he felt that he was in the clear.

He probably breathed a huge sigh of relief.

That, and speculation that he may not be a local, must have put him at ease.

Law enforcement was on the wrong track, and not looking in his direction.

This new sketch, and the focus on the immediate community, represents a huge change in direction.

They’re coming for him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member